vocaroo.com/i/s0Uz2g45ggBX
vocaroo.com/i/s1WOhrE5VsvK
vocaroo.com/i/s1NgPgVecI5X
vocaroo.com/i/s04SobcvFjye
youtube.com/watch?v=9_Xi9GQ48iY
youtu.be/TJoExzWnWeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sheev.jpg
Daily reminder that learning is for the NEET and gay and pre-Madonnas, the same as effects and any kind of theory.
I learnt the flight of the bumblebee when I was 15 4 years ago, not at school because it's a total waste of time/money.
vocaroo.com/i/s0Uz2g45ggBX
vocaroo.com/i/s1WOhrE5VsvK
vocaroo.com/i/s1NgPgVecI5X
vocaroo.com/i/s04SobcvFjye

first for shitty homemade bass

The allure of the single pickup guitar and tomboy ass...

Best way to break in the tip of a pick?

I got some new Tortex Flex Jazz III XL picks and they're the perfect size and shape. The tips are just a bit too sharp for my taste. How to get the tip a bit rounder while maintaining a constistent edge and not losing the smoothness of the material?

fuck, I fucked up

>single pickup
>in the neck
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

t. brainlet

?

Rate my virgin tier lyrics

Seeing you
Across the room
Tear my heart
Take your part
In me

Cold face
Meet with mine
I look away
Shame in my eyes

I could really try to be with you
But there’s such a strange
And strangling doubt

So keep on choking my heart
And just look away while I fall

>tomboy ass
m-muh dick...

S s s somebody notice me, plz. I...Just need some of them (you)'s. Wanna see muh rig? Look, I'll suck your rig!

I thought I was gonna be first lol

absolutely horrible desu

could be good. it's really about the context/delivery though. if you're singing this over an upbeat c major progression it's not going to have the desired effect.

Is this general still cancer?

I mean you can pretty much make any lyrics good if you have a god tier melody to go with them

Try high grit sandpaper, like 400. Or steel wool.

>writing lyrics
>not purely an instrumentalist
sure is pleb in here

Of course, the culture will never change.

dont have any. I do have a wetsone, 3k and 8k I believe, as well as a super fine fret polisher

Sandpaper or a Primetone version of the Jazz III XL.

What kind of chords (other than something obvious like minor) should I use? Diminished chords sound autistic

Sometimes I wish this place had stricter moderation...

I don't know shit about music theory so sorry my dude

>Primetone
isnt that ultex material?
O really like the feel/warmth of the torex flex material, plus it's super smooth on the strings, except the jazz is a bit too sharp. the tip on the regular tortex flex is perfect but the size/shape of the jazz xl is superior

>diminished chords for that highschool shit
Use powerchords

Good charlotte/10

major seven
you literally cannot go wrong

Depends on the time of day. Late at night like EST for some reason a ton of spics and other faggots come around and everyone just disappears like some Mexican shootout scene.

From there I see faggots writing like children using stuff like:

>cuz
>lmao
>lol
>w/e u say man
>aha XD

It's been pretty solid, the ban evaders have been getting caught pretty quickly. The issue is they'll just evade their new ban.

>Spics

Wow keep that racism in Sup Forums

Yes, the new ones are Ultex. The old ones seem to be similar to the Gator material. Don't know what material the Flex is exactly. The old Primetones are "real" jazz picks though, i.e. really thick.

What a fucking pleb. And the fact that this post got no replies just attests the absolute mude /gg/ is on.

Maybe I'll try coming here more often then to see if things have improved. A couple of months ago this place was 0% guitars and 110% frooshposting.

You're not supposed to reply to them. Just take a deep breath and ignore them.

I really like gator material, it's just a bit brighter than the tortex flex. the standard gator picks are the perfect size, the standard flex picks are just a bit too big. might try some of the primetones, the only ultex picks I've tried are the ultra sharps, so that may be misleading a bit in judging how they really sound

REEEEEEE, fuck off I still don't have an archtop and the wanker with the loar isn't replying!

>I really like gator material, it's just a bit brighter than the tortex
There is no point on upgrading just half the way up. Ultex are the best.

Froosh posting is being cracked down on. "Roman's" autistic rants get deleted pretty quickly. Still lpts of gibson hate.

I do think you can get banned too easily, and without warrant though.
I got banned once for asking about efficient ways to practice to maximize learning new stuff because I work a lot and it would be nice to get some licks in while dinner's cooking. I posted a pic of my dinner and got banned, for a totally relevant, music related post.

if you don't mind an absence of versatility i think jazz guitars are sweet for more than just jazz. great for ambient, post-rock, any fingerpicking or feelsy quiet stuff that doesn't have anything it needs to cut through.

pic related is something i'd want.

prob you didnt pay attention but he is responding to a picture of a girl with a humbucker in the neck

Nah, I like how the flex replicates the warmth of nylon but doesn't get torn up with use

I approve spic posting. Post more guitars tho

Are Mustangs, Jaguars and Jazzmasters made for women and gay men?

saw them last weekend, fun show

Gator with a sharp tip and better grip would be interesting. Just noticed that Dunlop has a new series called Flow. Looks like variation of Jazz III. Looks pretty interesting. I'm currently using a Wegen GP 250 but I wouldn't mind having more affordable options.

>Still lpts of gibson hate
I can live with that as long as there isn't spamming.

best way to record myself playing on my pc? I run linux btw.

tortex flex is a different pick from tortex?

buy a sm57 copy and plug to line in. got money? buy an actual sm57 and a UR22.

A minor IV chord in a major key sounds kind of sad and sentimental if that's what you're going for.

Example: C Major to F minor.

oh right, i misinterpreted that.
it's still an argument on here though. yall just don't want to touch sissy guitars.

Yes and students under the age of 16 and jap trannies. Those guitars are the soyboy specials

>tortex flex is a different pick from tortex?
yeah, I don't like the tortex but I like the flex. It's warmer and really smooth over the strings. Reg tortex feels too stiff and a bit harder

Don't forget the telecaster

>youtube.com/watch?v=9_Xi9GQ48iY
>At one point in the video they tried to argue that the 24.75" on a Gibson is what causes it's tuning issues lol
And isnt it? Then why do Gibson style guitars have a typical tuning issue on the G string especi(fic)ally, which is the one that has the lesser tension?

>got money
Holy shit is dropping a few bucks for a real mic that hard do you peasants?

get a 2 channel audiobox/focusrite and an sm57, pirate reaper.
if you're dead broke and just want to demo acoustic shit then a blue snowball usb mic will do.

no. telecasters are the manliest guitars along with les pauls.
strats and sgs are for betas that cant handle these two.

steinberg ur22 > focusrite, m-audio, audiobox, fast-track etc

It's the sharp break angles of the string at the nut that cause tuning issues on Gibbies.

fucking everyone uses a jag/jazzmaster these days, they're not really hipster anymore.

>two single coils standar
>Manly
I bet you think the yeah yeah yeahs are manly too.

It has nothing to do with scale length though, if it did every 24.75" scale guitar in existence would have this tuning problem.

Again, it's combination of shitty nut + retarded 17 degree neck angle.

Other LP clones use a 14 degree or even 10 degree angle and this tremendously helps tuning stability.

Those guys in the video just don't know any different because they own a Gibson and not a superior clone of one.

>steinberg ur22 > focusrite, m-audio, audiobox, fast-track etc
better quality preamp? never heard of it

>T. Hipster

What makes the Jazz lll so interesting for some players? Is there anything special to them in terms of less scraping noise on the strings?

>an actual sm57
It's sad but true how poor a lot of fa/gg/ots are

Speaking of which, I haven't been here in months. Is gearspammer still going? Is that Asian tripfag still here?

They're just so precise.

The scraping noise is the result of pick angle and technique, not the pick itself. You can eliminate all scrapping noise if you learn to angle the pick properly.

minor I in a phrygian progression is something i discovered sounds really dark. i guess you're modulating phrygian and ionian. it sounds really smooth but throws you off and brings a sense of hopelessness.
e.g. Em to Cm, Am to Fm

Gone personalities just like synysterfag.

is proper grammar and spelling that hard to you delusional sloppy wankers?

>idolize Omar Rodriguez Lopez for years
>always try to emulate him when I play
>few years pass, get pretty good at ORL style licks
>discover King Crimson
>omg Fripp and Belew are gods
>completely jack their style
>wow I'm so good guitarist with unique style
>discover Frank Zappa
>woahmama.jpg
>really start playing crazy shit
>pray to the holy trinity of prog every time I play guitar in hopes of receiving their prog guy blessings

Would anyone even miss Gibson once they're gone? Don't think I've seen anyone use them in the last 15 years

if everyone is a hipster then noone is a hipster. i play a tele anyway, sold my jag a long time ago when i went through a wall of distortion metal phase.

isnt the neck angle a part of the les paul tone? what is the angle for?

Cool. Sounds like the Emperor's theme from Return of the Jedi:

youtu.be/TJoExzWnWeA

Well the shape of the pick can reduce scraping noises depending on your technique but yeah, the noise is still caused by the technique in the end.

Phone posting, drinking, eating, and i dont care enough to fix it when i know you dumbasses can make it out.

That fucking sucks. What was his name? Something with a Y? And did we ever figure out who gearspammer was? I know he said he employed a full time guitar tech.

I've been really into dorian and hungarian minor lately, but I've been looking for something dark. will look into.

Frank zappa is really great. Treacherous cretins is one of my faves. Try listening to some Morbid Angel. Trey azagthoth has a very distinct yet comolex and demanding style.

did you mean minor VI?

Yeah, supposedly the tone thing but I'm quite certain it's 99% bullshit and the whole design is completely in the past.

Either way it's a flawed design that Gibson never fixed. It's also part of the reason the headstock breaks off so easily.

Even fucking Epiphone reduced the headstock angle years back.

Wound third usually works.

post some of your playing pls

Thats a cool basement
>t. Californian where basements are nearly non existent.

>It's also part of the reason the headstock breaks off so easily.
There's a video of Trent Reznor swinging a Gibson at his mic and the headstock comes clean off and nearly nails Robin Finck. I was amazed it could happen.

Gibson won't be gone. It's such an iconic brand that if they go bankrupt, someone will just buy them and continue the business. As far as I know, the guitar business is profitable but Gibson owns many other companies that aren't, so they're running out of money.

I think most people don't hate Gibson, they just hate Gibson's management and especially Henry.

This is bait right? Im assuming he meant the natural minor. Are you a dumbass ?

for bending it doesnt

I think people underestimate how many business ties gibson has and the technologies they own. I pass by the livenation/gibson building in hollywood almost everyday.

minor I from E phrygian is Em idiot

T.soyboy

Hey thanks jcum. Which morbid angel album should I listen to? I'm really into Dreamtheater nowadays. The guitar player I think his name is John Petrucci, he's fucking ridiculous.. Didn't ever think I'd enjoy metal sweepy style solos either but he makes it sound good.

Thats what i said

thanks. It's not acoustically ideal, but it actually does have some interesting acoustics. Plus it's just drinking and jamming. I've yet to focus on getting a recording workflow going.

hahahaha, I'm looking for the video and found an article about how NIN destroyed over $160,00 in Gibsons during The Downard Spiral Tour.

I wonder how much Aaron North racked up during BYIT.

no, i gave examples. the phrygian is the iii, so you're replacing iii -> I with iii -> I. it's not actually a full borrowed chord, you're just taking one note (what is the minor 3rd of the I chord in the original major scale) from the major scale of the phrygian note. so in C you take the D# from the E major scale to replace the major 3rd E of the C major chord, making it minor.

i'm not exactly sure how it works theory wise but it's some kind of modulation between phrygian and presumably ionian. i prob explained it really confusingly but i tried not to.

>replacing iii -> I with iii -> I
fuck lol i meant iii -> i as the replacement

>deliberately parroting the video of rick beato, his friend and the beta