So what did y'all murriclaps think? Your critics are giving it mixed reviews but surely you can't be that bad

So what did y'all murriclaps think? Your critics are giving it mixed reviews but surely you can't be that bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmbyWGCwX90
youtube.com/watch?v=JyTFyqPfhsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought it was fantastic. Beautifully shot with a very interesting premise. Though I was raised catholic so that might make me biased.

I was raised, and still am an atheist. The show was phenomenal.
I honestly can't see how anyone could dislike it.

The show is GOAT tier, and that's coming from a jew

it doesn't seem like many people are understanding that it's satire

>It's an americucks have shit taste episode

stream link pls

It's both satire and a love letter for christianity

Just download the FLEET torrents

Help a newfag out pls, what is that

Release group

It's not, though

Bump

>expecting Jewish television """"""""critics""""""""" to seriously and objectively appraise any artistic medium that doesn't present a fedora-tier version of Christianity (and Catholic at that)

Honestly you'd have a better chance of finding a Salafist imam that thinks Buddha might've been right about some things

Every second was pure kino.

Serious A grade artistic design.

*blocks your path*

>pope didn't fuck
>pope didn't smoke weed
>pope didn't get drunk

what the FUCK isn't the point?

It was pretty good, at least from my pontiff view

I thought the exact same thing except I'm not religious

heh

The entire series is out online

It's not bad at all, Amerilards are just retarded

Episode 9 is best episode ive seen in a series in a while.

It was beautiful.

ask around here

italians are not white.

>Look at the comments
>People think the pope is the "bad guy"

youtube.com/watch?v=LmbyWGCwX90

I just don't understand the world sometimes.

So who team Voiello here

I love how he always make sure that the guy across him will know that he's pushing that button

This one little throwaway scene is probably my favorite of the whole series. It's making fun of the real life relationship between the Catholic and Orthodox and how they'll meet but never really say anything, and then there's the meta stuff with the statue.

youtube.com/watch?v=JyTFyqPfhsQ

I bet that this cunts' favourite show is got or some shit

All hat and no cattle is the most American thing I've ever heard. Is it actually a real expression? What does it mean?

Cowboy with no cows. Just an asshole in a fancy hat.

My only gripe with the show desu.

God I fucking despise critics

That speech is blatantly supposed to make him look villainous. Even if you agree with everything he says it should be obvious that the director wants you to be frightened of him.

Pretty good so far. I appreciate the humor but it doesn't get out of hand.
Cherry Coke Zero made me kek

I agree that it's shot in a way to make him look bad but that's because we're seeing it from the perspective of the liberal college. They've been wrong for so long that it's scary to see what's right.

You can tell the critic doesn't really have anything substantial to say and is only bitching because it triggered them when they start using sentence after sentence of purple prose to say "I didn't like it."

You have to leave degenerate nigger

Yo.

>who manly tears here?

>dat collider critic

Numale concentration camps when

>God is a line that opens
What did he mean by this?

A smile? God is happiness?

Also takes on the meaning of the very end?

>Shot in a way to make him look bad

Really? The entire scene felt reminiscent of how a king coming into the throne would beat down his nobles with pomp and power.

The Pope is God's Emissary, a connection to the divine, and this emissary has seen decades and decades of the Church dying out even though they've become more and more tolerant - because, as he said, once faith and salvation becomes available to everyone than everyone will stop thinking about faith and salvation.

From a certain point of view he could be seen as evil in that scene, but to me he was powerful and authoritative. We're just too used to quips and soft, middling men to recognize a booming voice ordering you to do something doesn't mean that voice is malicious.

1- I'm an atheist
2- italians are niggers

and that's why I won't watch this propaganda piece of shit

>that speech

DEUS VULT MOTHERFUCKER

I can't disagree with you. "make him look bad" is careless language because it's not really what I mean, but rather that it's shot to make him look scary to the cardinals.

What a sad, tiny world you must live in, to get this triggered over a show that actually explores theology without turning everyone involved into gross caricatures.

papists are scum

theology is per se a gross caricature ;)

theology is the root of western academia and science

>Propaganda
It's hardly that, you fucking idiot.

t. an Atheist

*terroni are not white

FTFY

>want to enjoy it but the theological/philosophical references have such rough flaws that I keep cringing

>t. an Atheist
not a true one

maybe a self hating cuck with three metres of tongue stuck in catholic asses because you are too coward

What? I've only seen the first episode, but it's hardly ChristCuck propaganda.

Does the American version have subtitles?

I doubt Amerilards can understand how GOAT Voiello really is

>"Help us, Pipita."
>"Who's Saint Pipita?"
>"He's not a saint, he's the center forward for Napoli."
>"What a lame joke. I see you've lost your optimism along with your sense of humor." 4
>"Sense of humor is irrelevant for the Secretary of State."

Holy fuck, could our media be any bigger fedora tippers? Fucking embarrassing.

Best new show of 2016. I actually kind of like that critics are giving it middling reviews, it'll prevent it from becoming a huge circlejerk (which actually ruins the show) like Breaking Bad or GOT.

>cryptically written
>WAAAAAH WHY AREN'T THEY BLATANTLY MAKING FUN OF CHRISTIANITY REEEEEEEEE

>tfw you will never be paid to spew meaningless buzzwords

I wanna protect that smile.

Well yeah, the pope is the bad guy there. They just put all the bad stuff alongside the strong Catholic traditionalist. /christian/ and Sup Forums see the strong Catholic traditionalist and people antagonizing him see the rest and whatever bullshit they wish to imagine.

>no evangelism
>"church only for the few"
>pope saying what God and the church want
>playing dictator in the office of Saint Peter

There is much to praise that is hard to find outside that speech but there are still glaring issues.

This will make a good reaction image

I honestly wonder if these people were watching the same series I was.

Welcome to 2 months ago

>it has bad "pacing"
>it has bad "writing"

americans

>It's a religious version of house of cards

donaldduckyou.jpg

It's so fucking ridiculous I love it. Does it keep up this level of flamboyance throughout the run?

Yes, also all the episodes are out, there's no reason to wait unless you MUST watch it in super high quality.

It gets simultaneously campier and more serious and keeps a great balance between the two.

Holy shit, from his friend dying at the end of episode six right until the end of the show was just fucking amazing.

>"It's a show about Catholics"
>"where are LGBTQ 'people'"
>"the pope is a white man"
>"they don't fuck little boys like real life Catholics"
There are a million reasons American critics will/do hate this

>>"they don't fuck little boys like real life Catholics"

AKCHUALLY

>78463652
>"It's a show about Catholics"
Hard to do a papal show and not deal with Catholics.
>"where are LGBTQ 'people'"
Everywhere. There's five notable ones, one of whom is a major character.
>"the pope is a white man"
Just like all popes. Although The Black Pope could be a fun spoof.
>"they don't fuck little boys like real life Catholics"
Not all of them - only the really evil ones.

You know I'm right

>"From the Vatican itself, there has been a resounding silence. I wonder why? When the first episode aired on Italian television, it was a huge hit, and received the highest rating ever for the first episode of a Sky drama. The Young Pope might masquerade as a high-budget soap – but it tells us some uncomfortable truths about the hypocrisy at the top of the Catholic Church."

No, you aren't. Try watching the show before you make judgements.

>I-It's the joos!
Grow up

Almost dropped it after the first episode due to Diane Keaton's awful acting, but stuck with it and happy since it turned out to be a great show, and Diane at least stopped being outright lousy a couple of episodes in.

Anyway, for a show where so little happens it was brilliant (sort of like Mad Men), and all the actors except for Diane were top notch.

Just saw it had been renewed for a second season, will watch!

you're this show version of fat programmers that can't enjoy Mr Robot because hurr dat's not how it wooorks

>Why isn't the Vatican talking about this TV show dealing with the Vatican? It's because they're scared, that's why!

Dumb protestants little minds can't grasp the church greatness

What uncomfortable truths are you referring to, that the Cardinals play politics?

It's more of a "I can't take the drama seriously when theology/philosophy are involved" thing than a complaint of accuracy.
It hurts, user. So much of the show is good.

based Voiello

>so little happens
just because people don't kill each others and there aren't shocking shyamalan-ish twists doesn't mean that nothing happens

what is even that?

That's the button for snack time

the button that opens the manhole

what snack is that?

so what memes came out from this?

>Murrican critics giving it mixed reviews

How. Based on one season, it already deserves to be considered one of the top 5 shows of the 21st century so far

Name some of the flaws senpai, I'm curious

I wouldn't go THAT far.