Is this worth reading?

Is this worth reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TBMiyEzOJmI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not if you liked the movies

Its pretty good. Am currently reading fellowship.
I recomend reading hobbit first.

yes

Yes it's a good book. Easy to read unlike all that shit in the Simmilarriioonn

It's a series that you have to read more than once

it is an amazing book I watched the movies first though but the books are on a completely different level of great then the movies . also you find out that pipe weed is actually weed or pot there is the one spoiler ill drop .

fool me once..shame on you
fool me twice.. ...

no, unless youre a delusional
f
a
g

No.

Pipe weed is explicitly tobacco.

If you read these books, keep in mind they are written in the romantic tradition, meaning that the story is written to emphasize the bonds of love and chivalry between the good guys. The tone kind of confused me until I started looking at it as a classical romance.

I read them as a kid and liked them, but read them as an adult and appreciated them even more, but I couldn't help reading it in the voice of and seeing the faces of the movie characters which was kind of annoying.

as I was saying

Asoiaf is better

Go away George and finish your fucking story!

nope mega fan here and I know what I am talking about .Legolas mentions in the two towers how pipe weed has no effect on him when he become annoyed at quote how the others have gotten silly on smoke . that is only one of the many hints dropped by Tolkien I don't have time to mention them all but in the fellowship movie they even hint at it . when Gandalf and Saruman are walking in the garden . pay close attention to what is said starting 40 seconds in leaf is another name given to old toby or pipe weed

youtube.com/watch?v=TBMiyEzOJmI

yeah I had the same exact problem

the books > the bbc radio drama >>> the jackson films >>>>>> the rankin bass films >>> the jackson hobbit films > the bakshi film

>"There is another astonishing thing about Hobbits of hold that must be mentioned, an astonishing habit: they imbibed or inhaled, through pipes of clay or wood, the smoke of the burning leaves of a herb, which they called pipe-weed or leaf, a variety probably of Nicotiana."
>"A great deal of mystery surrounds the origin of this peculiar custom, or 'art' as the Hobbits preferred to call it. All that could be discovered about it in antiquity was put together by Meriadoc Brandybuck (later Master of Buckland), and since he and the tobacco of the Southfarthing play a part in the history that follows, his remark in the introduction to his Herblore of the Shire may be quoted."

underage b&

Tolkien calls it tobacco, then proceed describing weed and its effects.

Yes.

Yes

I have read it 3 times and will probably will again soon. Reading LOTR on a winter evening is one of the comfiest things imaginable

read the nibelungenlied or the volsunga saga instead