When did you grow out of guitar music? When did you finally realize the limitations of the guitar...

When did you grow out of guitar music? When did you finally realize the limitations of the guitar? When did you realize all guitar music is a musical dead end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ReW9uUYm-DA
youtube.com/watch?v=GVgnCVvpZRI
youtu.be/1Tqh6_e_X5s
youtube.com/watch?v=EkAm4e1sOkU
youtube.com/watch?v=hGi9SOFX5rc
youtube.com/watch?v=u55ZkVWjlIg
youtube.com/watch?v=22cafOxtAdk
youtube.com/watch?v=5BB5McNG1cw
youtube.com/watch?v=lxDQQDF6j0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pBHJ4tQsJbY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this is your brain on redpill

Somewhere around the time I realized elseq is the pinnacle of music.

yesterday

digital technology is still incapable of reproducing the sounds of guitars
prove me wrong (hint: you can't)

b8

13 or 14 when i discovered jazz and electronic

Earlier this year when i took an intro to music class and started listening to classical music a lot.
I want to learn piano so bad now after almost 15 years of playing guitar.

Show me some electronic music with the emotion and nuance of this
youtu.be/ReW9uUYm-DA

"guitar" isnt music. it's an instrument. a facet of music. There is no "musical dead end" to guitar because, as music and composition evolves, so will the opportunities to use guitars.

Guitars produce a sound unique to themselves, so they'll always be relevant just as any other instrument or synth is.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVgnCVvpZRI

Every single guitarists sounds the same to me. Doesn't matter if you're John McLaughlin or Joey Ramones. Every guitarists falls for the same musical trappings or cliches everytime.

Simply epic my friend. I'm glad that trash is blocked in my country.

you were going to say that about anything i posted lmao
love fahey. but stop being a loser mate

>doesn’t know about guitar effects

It's quite capable of reproducing the sounds of guitars, but the point of using a guitar in the first place is the expressive control.

define "musical trappings" and "cliches"

no

Here's why everything you said is dumb.

During the apocalypse, guess who your best friend will be? The dude singing your favorite pop-punk songs on his shitty acoustic guitar.

When did you outgrow Hydeposting?

What apocalypse is that going to be? Also pop punk is garbage.

If you want emotion, just listen to Boards of Canada, but you are probably too brain dead to grasp their music

First it starts with giving up metal.
Then it's giving up any distorted guitar.
Now you are a soy male.

>liking metal
>not a not a soyboy

It's the least soy.

I have to agree, its more manchild than soy

>When did you grow out of guitar music?
Suck my dong
>When did you finally realize the limitations of the guitar?
All instruments are limited in some way, deal with it you moron, that's what makes them unique
>When did you realize all guitar music is a musical dead end?
Fuck off

>not growning out listening to music
>not just reading sheets

You would know, because you are
>t.soyboy

Of course than metal fan gets all butthurt. Typical manchild behavior

>t.soyboy

I'm not the guy you're responding to, but you're right, metal is more autism than soy

keep responding, doesn't make your shitty music any better

>t.soyboy

>All instruments are limited in some way
>what are modular synths

>Not making your guitar sound like a synth using modern pedals
>not making your synth sound like a guitar

get with the times.

that sounds like shit?

dubs is right

not real instruments

Limitations can breed creativity. Also when you say "guitar music" you really just mean rock music don't you?

Modular synths are just a thousand dollar a piece noisemakers

Still can't get over not signing the Beatles, huh, OP?

Aphex twin after being through about every genre with guitar. Windowlicker fucked me up. But what sealed the deal was his spectrogram.images and his technique... It set the bar so fucking high

you are very dumb.

youtu.be/1Tqh6_e_X5s

>pop punk is garbage

what are you doing here?

When he stopped paying for the posts that his paypigs financed. :)

>never
>bullshit
>go fuck yourself

This is like watching a caveman cavedraw. Primative and interesting only for a moment.

When did you grow out of Million Dollar Extreme?

haha you cant even spell, kid. stop trying to be edgy, go to school, little lad.

im still smart than you

I'll make a modular synth that reproduces shitty Sup Forums comments, and I'll use your response as the basis for it all

youtube.com/watch?v=EkAm4e1sOkU

youtube.com/watch?v=hGi9SOFX5rc

youtube.com/watch?v=u55ZkVWjlIg

youtube.com/watch?v=22cafOxtAdk

youtube.com/watch?v=5BB5McNG1cw

b8 or ur so full of shit youre in toxic shock. dead end for brain dead.

Why is Sup Forums now full of musical illiterates and actual fucking brainlets? Please go.

Guitar is great. If you don't regularly listen to field recordings of guitars being smashed, you're just not on my level. I'm sorry.

All my troubles seem so far away...

When I started digging the Cure. That's if you're talking about guitar music such as metal, in which it's about wankery, flash and what not. With Cure they pretty much work with counterpoint, the guitar works for the song, not otherwise. I'm happy with that. As a guitarist it also made it easier to translate into guitar the classical artists I listen to. That doesn't mean a full fledged arrangement of their songs, but incorporating the logic behind it

dude everyone was using Metasynth and doing the spectrogram thing at the time

uhh those are quite limited compared to Max/MSP and a DAW

i dont care much about the instruments as long as its interesting

When I heard this

idk how they could be any more dead end than anything else. all music is based around the same 12 notes, which the guitar covers quite well with its 6 strings. plus micro tones if u use bends, trem arm or an expression pedal, then theres pedals which is another endless arsenal of sounds, and i mean you can then also plug that shit into a computer and do even more wacky shit...sounds like ur creativity is at a dead end:/ maybe you should try sports.

Guitar music is good when there’s two guitars. It’s a limited instrument when only being played by one person but if you look at sleater Kinney or the strokes having two guitars adds a lot of depth to what you can do musically.

>all music is based around the same 12 notes
not microtonal music

no that's not equivalent to bends

Ill will never get this mental illness that rejegts a whole instrument or type of music and then poses themselves as being open minded.

The fact that people think that way makes me think there is something wrong with them on a visceral level

Never grew out of it.
‘Ark at this, OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=lxDQQDF6j0Y

Well then you can just detune some of your strings. Ta-da.

As soon as an instrument surpasses the aesthetic resonance of the guitar, I’ll consider moving on.

no, then the frets are in the wrong place

maybe you should do some reading

No such thing as microtonal music. The whole microtonal appeal is it sounds weird riffing on one string until you hit familiar notes again. Microtonal chord progressions are just noise

lol, you couldn't be more wrong

>They play fast to achieve a different mood therefore it's wanking
That's like calling DnB wanking cause there's fast drums

Really, even the most basic pop guitarists compared to experimental guitarists?

Are you not able to hear the phrasing within fast soloing?

yeah totally, Derek Bailey, John Mayer, what's the difference, right?

never claimed you could make "microtonal music", but you can hit microtones(notes between the standard ones we know) with bends or pedals, but i still dont get then why you couldnt make microtonal music if you wanted to by bending or manipulating the notes some how to the right intervals... but thats not the point i was trying to make, i was trying to point out all the sounds you can get out a guitar...you can get microtones out of a guitar...

because it's too hard to play it that way; microtonal intervals are specific intervals and not just detuned versions of familiar intervals. if you want to try consistently bending every single note you play to a precise interval, I don't think that's going to work. You could do it on a fretless guitar with an enormous amount of practice, but the sensible thing is to use a computer or synth

Sam Hyde is so goddamn jewish looking
I would bet my life he is part jew

lol what?
Ichirou Agata's playing is just the same as what Brandon Ellis plays which is just Dick Dale?
Deepest lore.

yeah, and Keith Rowe sounds just like Chuck Berry

chuck berry? did he write with limp bizkit or queen? it all sounds the same sorry i get all mixed up.

I'm not talking about speed, I'm talking about flash being a central element. It's hard to explain if you don't play an instrument(it doesn't help if you think you know your shit because you can play scales fast and learn songs with tabs). There's a difference between making a song and playing an instrument. The Cure has very simple progressions and melodies, yet they're miles beyond any modern metalhead trying to be edgy copy pasting extended chords from a jazz e-book and playing the hungarian scale left and right. If you listened to some music outside of your bubble you might get it.
Stop being such insufferable cunts. I grew up listening to metal, played in several bands, I'd know a thing or two. Eventually it gets stale. I'm glad I was never part of the "metal community" though, a bunch of retarded drunks. Just watching a damn concert with these cunts is insufferable.

For the sake of conversation, BoC list a fair portion of "guitar music" (Beatles, Incredible String Band, Joni Mitchell, My Bloody Valentine among others) as major influences on their work. If you were to sever guitar music from electronic music it may be safe to say that there are a fair portion of electronic albums that would not exist.

This

When will you grow out of Hyde posting?

When did you grow out of giving a shit about what kind of instrument you're listening to? When did you realize the limitations of limiting what kind of instrumentation you listen to? When did you realize music has no limitation?

Plain ignorance.

>guitar
>not every instrument

>he thinks everyone here likes pop-punk
Bruh, I'd kill that guy to shut him up.

sorry, which albums are u talking about? i havent heard much aphex twin, gonna check em out more now

Dude have you ever heard McWhirter's solo stuff? The fucking trance state at 3:30 makes me grind my teeth.
youtube.com/watch?v=pBHJ4tQsJbY

good art revels in limitations and in overcoming said limitations. citing an instrument as being limited as a reason that it's not important is one of the stupidest things you can do when talking about music.

>than

also, i'm an african american's bruised nut

I'm fairly sure The Campfire Headphase is like 70% the sounds of them playing acoustic guitars and then just passing that sound through a shitload of filters.

some of the best music i've ever heard was performed on acoustic steel string

youre probably boring as fuck

Good post lad

Pop punk isn't good, I thought that was the general consensus here.