youtube.com/watch?v=3h0WoiNaI-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good choice

Fuck we are 3/3 right now.

And I'm not even huge on prog rock

ruined the thread

That was you Grandpa

not these

I've never listened to this, should i listen to the 2015 remaster or the alternate mix?

I fucking love Can.

No

You know it's true.

nah

I actually think I’ve never been disappointed in a “classic” album.

I found this one really boring, but really liked H61R. Am I disabled?

consider suicide

Yeah, cause that just doesn’t make any sense. Maybe you weren’t in a proper mood. Try again when you feel like it. Songs like I Want You, Visions of Johanna or Sad Eyed Lady are absolutely irresistible to me.

inb4 >more like songs of love i hate

>Bowie albums
Starman and bin the rest

Yes

Took a while.

lodger is objectively his best album

This

I don't understand AT ALL what's good about this. Sounds like your run-of-the-mill glam arena rock with anthemic choruses and catchy riffs.

What am I missing? I just got into Bowie and so far this and his debut are the most boring albums from his discography.

>glam arena rock with anthemic choruses and catchy riffs.
Those aren't downsides.

no

Conveniently leaving out the "run-of-the-mill" part doesn't mean it's not true. So is it just that? Good stadium rock?

Almost, Low is the best one tho

It's okay if you don't like it. You're probably not missing anything.

[spoiler]Bowie is my favorite artist, maybe give Blackstar a shot.[/spoiler]

lol no, they are legit some of the best prog albums ever made

What a garbage thread filled with garbage teens. Nobody cares that you listened to and enjoyed a canon rock album >>>r/music

Its just filled from front to back with bangers, that's all

>So is it just that? Good stadium rock?
Yes, a good album has good songs.
Fucking shocker I know.

Chicago Transit Authority - s/t should be mentioned ITT.

What have you liked better you've heard from him so far? I think a lot of his stuff after Ziggy is better but his early stuff is a mixed bag, plenty of great songs but none have really flowed together as a complete album the way Ziggy does.

Nah. HW61 is a masterpiece. It's got more variety than BOB and it nails it all. And it's got Michael Bloomfield. BOB has a few great tracks but it's one of his most overrated by far.

Highway 61 just feels like classic rock banger album, BoB feels like a more artistic expression.

I like his first album more tbqh

These

holy shit this one flew over everyone. Great classic.
clearly a classic.

Low is one of my favorite recently-heard albums. What a goddamn evoking and enjoyable masterpiece.

David Bowie 2 has also been pretty good. Thoroughly enjoy the first half of the record. Second half it's ok, but so far the whole thing is my second most enjoyable work from Bowie.

His debut is leagues worse than Ziggy, I'm not delusional. But those two are honestly the ones I'm least enjoying from his discography.

Any insight into why Ziggy is considered so good would be appreciated. I'm really fucking confused.

it's not a geetah

61 is sharp as a tack, scathing and societal in a way that's completely of its time and still totally relevant. Blonde on Blonde just meanders and drowns the good in really uninspired harmonica. It might have marked the start of a trend, but he quickly outdid it with JWH.

Don't what there is to be confused about why people like Ziggy. It's incredible musicianship, Michael Ronson is a great guitarist. It's great songwriting with unique sci-fi concept album theme which sets it apart from other pop music of the time.

Hard to call it generic Glam Rock when it's pretty much the album the defined the genre and everyone else tried to copy.

Poison idea!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=3h0WoiNaI-E

Nah

Yeah

The original if you can
There's some pre krautrock/post Rock stuff in the original that's not in the remaster (songs ending abruptly etc)

You're actually braindead

Why does every album have to be fucking revolutionary? Is it so bad for an album to be JUST full of great songs?

*blocks you path*

I disagree.

Why don't you like forever changes?

this + a day at the races

*teleports behind you*

this is stronger than some stuff from his prime years, good stuff here

most classics, that is why people call them classics

what a shame we're never getting the sequel

The Creedence tapes, man.

Closing Time is his first album...

this (both pic & statement)

nothings good after discovering this album, not even the same album. i hope that non-feel wares off

Nah, too many filler tracks and vastly overrated in comparison to albums like "Heroes", Low and Aladdin Sane

It's pretty good but same as above. They have at least 4 albums better than this.

Disagree

Maybe, but s/t would've made more sense

Agree

Fuck no

Maybe if every song sounded like the title track and Stay

Then why did you post his second?

Daydream Nation is a sloooooooow burner. Took my a while to like it. At first I hated it, but now it one of my favs. I totally get someone wouldn't like it tho.

First of all that album WAS revolutionary. It laid the groundwork for a decade of glam rock and event metal the next decade.

And second, no, it doesn't have to ve an avant-garde or experimental work to be
good. OK Computer doesn't really delve into experimentation or whatever, and you can tell from the very beginning that the musicianship and overall craft is incredibly tight and well-made, not necessarily catchy or just fun.

I don't know, I don't see that with Ziggy. Maybe I just heard so much of everything that came after it and derived from it that I simply can't enjoy the glam sound anymore.