Does it deserve the acclaim it has?

Does it deserve the acclaim it has?

>Philosophical Problem of Consciousness: The Film
It totally does deserve the acclaim, user. Literally everything about it is top notch.

race baiting sci-fi garbage

>race baiting
We've hit full Sup Forums

Fantastic cinematography and score. The movie bears a method of pacing that modern Hollywood has forgotten, like clapping. For every moment of action (the hands coming together), there is a long period of rest (in which the hands are regaining energy and momentum). Cinematically speaking, it is a very well balanced movie when it comes to "noise", modern movies are like vacuum cleaners comparatively.

No it's boring
there are some cool city shots that's it

boring 4deep shit for the Nolan audience (virgins)

I always felt the movie was missing a middle act.. maybe a car chase or two

Did Deckard know he was a replicant? His reaction to the unicorn always seemed very muted, as if he was hardly surprised by it

Ive slept with 36 women and love blade runner and nolan films. You shouldn't generalize, friend.

>I've paid 36 prostitutes to let me lick their ass

FTFY

Sex is still sex m8.

>Philosophical Problem of Consciousness: The Film
Wrong, idiot.
It deals more with mortality, Consciousness is well established in the film and we accept that replicants have human consciousness.

Nothing in the film deals with phenomenology.

Or unwilling to admit what it might truly mean.

It didn't handle the themes as well as the book did, but it really is an excellent film despite that. Expecting it to be able to explore the themes as thoroughly as prose would be unfair.

Yes.

Long answer : Yes, it does.

What I want to know is, will the sequal even have a hope of living up to the original?

>mad virgin

Kys

What I've come to realize is that sequels in which years even decades have past are more likely than not to be shit and almost certainly guaranteed to feel and look very different.

Crazier things have happened. It could be the Fury Road of the Blade Runner series.

>will the sequal even have a hope of living up to the original
Very small chance. I think it'll be like Fury Road in away, the kind of things you liked about the original but with a total rehashing of some parts. And i think that'll be alright.

No, the only memorable thing about it was the set design

>"Replicants are like any other machine"
>"I think, Sebastian, therefore I am"
Of course consciousness is a main subject throughout the film, even if it's more about the struggle of the replicants in declaring their own sentience. The whole dilemma of Rachel's implanted memories is highly pertinent to the problem of personal identity for that matter.

Fury Road is literally the only recent franchise rehash Hollywood should learn from. Hopefully Villeneuve is going in that direction.

Fuck your mothers.
The film was excellent.
You must be [certain height] to post here.

Hope you are right, as a Mad Max fan I was dead pleased with how Fury Road turned out, especially given all the setbacks and the current trend of revisiting old franchises etc generally going badly.

Blade Runner is another of my favourite films so I hope you are right.

Kek of course not.

Ridley will do his best, but he's long past his prime.

And Ford is Ford, I doubt he really gives a shit either way.

Must admit, I was hoping they would leave Ford out of it.

As for Ridley, isn't he only overseeing it partly ?

wow very well put, how did you become so knowledgeable about movies?

i'm a pretty big guy dude

>how do you want your remake făm?
>JUST un-Ford my shit up
>*adds Shia Lebeouf*
>say no more

>mfw faggots are STILL butthurt over Deckard being a replicant

As you pseuds so often point out, it hardly even matters.

Deckard being a replicant is the ultimate pleb filter: if someone gets pissed about it, they misunderstood the point of the movie. Ridley was just trolling you fucks into revealing how little you took away from it. Jej

Jesus christ, what kind of autist is even mad about him being a replicant? Indeed, that's literally one of the most basic underlying points of the story, it literally doesn't matter if he is a replicant or not.

Black Rain > Blade Runner
Fuck all of you teenagers. Blade Runner's success is a meme.

Fury Road was Mad Max for the Road Warrior audience (cucks). The original Mad Max fans have been forsaken.

I totally agree, it blew me away simply for the fact that it was a franchise film made with a passion for film making. Which means i hold out hope for 2049, especially after a trailer which got the look fairly right.

>weak
>gets fingers broken with ease
>can't see through walls
>has no bipolar replicant autism clock
>has no obvious skill he exceeds in
He's a replicant alright.

After his moment with Roy dying on the rooftop, Deckard realized what the audience still hasn't grasped: there's no fucking difference.

blade runner was never praised until years after it being released. i remember most of the reviews being from mediocre to outright terrible. i found Star Trek TNG Measure of Man to be a much more thoughtful.

that's not true at all though, it had some startling reviews and was immediately accredited with some of the best effects and screenplay.

>4 v 1
>who wouldn't in that situation
>why would he
>we don't know this
>he's a fucking blade runner

Ebin

That's overly simplistic. It's not so much that there's no difference, it's that those differences are now very difficult to determine (replicants supposedly can't feel empathy although Batty clearly cares for acrobat bitch), as opposed to binary 'they ARE this' or 'they AREN'T that.'

checked

>It didn't handle the themes as well as the book did, but it really is an excellent film despite that. Expecting it to be able to explore the themes as thoroughly as prose would be unfair.

>most Dick books are plot-less insanity
>adaptations are straight-forward action movies

>this one book is a tight thriller
>movie adaptation is plot-less drivel

it's like pottery

Not really, no.

visually, it has been influencing movies for 3 decades

Fucking thank you, nobody ever seems to get this. The point is it doesn't matter, even replicants can 'be human.'