This is hilarious

This is hilarious

it was a mess that never became dramatic or thrilling

Yeah, for a film that started off literally with a rape, I wondered what the fuck was happening when I found myself laughing during many parts.

Best kino of '16

I thought it worked best as a dark comedy.

>the baby is black

what an incredible film
9/10
most people won't get it tho

literally a kino-maker.

saw Elle at the cine, people left very confused, as i did too. i think i need to rewatch to get it some more, verhoeven is always multilayered, and this clearly wont be the exception.

This movie is a piece of shit. Why is it getting so many awards?

because its the story of a milf who needs no rapist.

you are a fucking retard

meant gilf.

>Elle
>Michèle seems indestructible. Head of a successful video game company, she brings the same ruthless attitude to her love life as to business. Being attacked in her home by an unknown assailant changes Michèle's life forever. When she resolutely tracks the man down, they are both drawn into a curious and thrilling game-a game that may, at any moment, spiral out of control.

the black dude in the back killed me.

What did Verhoeven mean by this?

holy shit strong independent women trying mind games

wait i think im getting meme'd here

is this movie actually good or is it good because its bad

its a great movie

It's good but it's nothing like you'd expect.

it's wonderful, bound to trigger some feminists even though the film is quite feminist itself (but in an original, proper way)

>but in an original
nothing original in the story

you must be pretty dense then

trips confirm it

It was great. A character study of an interesting woman.

am I being trolled? this is the single worst movie I've seen in the last 2 years or so

it makes no fucking sense

>when you lure your rapist into your home so your son can kill him so he will finally stop being such a loser cuck

She knew. She knew what's up.

>it makes no fucking sense
You're really stupid.

so I just read the plot and it sounds like the kind of pretentious degenerate crap people seem to adore in order to appear hip and above mainstream cinema.
it's follows a common formula among these flicks: have the protagonist act unexpectedly and seemly irrationally, often edgy, in a way that makes him/her look like an absolute madman/madwoman and in the end try to redeem him/her and shove in some half-assed message. so if anyone tris to criticize it they "just don't get it".
don't mistake this kind of drivel for kino.

>i read the plot and its pretentious
lol if you dont have the brain to sit down and watch a film before you come up with an opinion im not suprised you resort to calling it pretentious to cover up how unintelligent you are :/
reminder that paul verhoeven directed robocop

he's actually smarter than us because he didn't waste time watching it

nigga you know I'm right. I can spot pretentious crap when I see it. but it's ok if you don't, you still have much to learn.

I noticed that in later scenes the baby was significantly lighter in skin colour

>he made robocop therefore anything he does is kino

heavily reminiscent

Not that guy, and of course Robocop doesn't automatically mean everything he does is good. But Elle is really actually good. It is totally sincere despite its edgy script, and never loses itself in easy cynicism. It's hilarious and sad.

fuck i did not know it was directed by verhoeven. now i must watch it.

BEEP BOOP BEEP

Well, it is the funniest shit of last year.

someone animated that and was paid to do it.

>it's follows a common formula among these flicks: have the protagonist act unexpectedly and seemly irrationally, often edgy, in a way that makes him/her look like an absolute madman/madwoman and in the end try to redeem him/her and shove in some half-assed message. so if anyone tris to criticize it they "just don't get it".
It is pretty coherent though. Just balls off the wall.