Do people actually thing this is a "political thriller" or is that just a joke?

Do people actually thing this is a "political thriller" or is that just a joke?

well, OP, here's the long answer.

I assume people on facebook do not pretend to be retarded on purpose (because it's linked to their real name), they try hard to look cool.

Give this, I have to accept their "opinions" on stuff is genuine.

Yes, it's heralded as a great "political" (and sometimes "spy") "thriller".

Is there anything else I can help you with?

People think it's good for capeshit

its a thriller in the same vein with Horror movies that arent scary

Redditors try and make it seem like superhero movies are more than just movies for children

So Winter Soldier is actually a political thriller, Ant Man is actually a heist movie and Batman v Superman is actually a genius deconstruction of the entire superhero genre

It's shot like a thriller, and it's plot is based around politics.

It is. It's Marvels version of TDK.

>It's shot like a thriller
explain???

>plot is based around politics
whut?

This.

At best it's a superhero movie with very very thin political elements

They actually think its a political thriller

>It's shot like a thriller

Ah yes, just like that scene in Three Days of the Condor when Robert Redford fights a metal armed assassin on a giant flying warship

I remember they said something like
>shield is evil
once. Is that it?

Also Robert Redford's character was a politician. Or at least his character knew politicians. I think

You have to take into account that the average capeshit fanboy is 15-35 year old numale/shitsking, so it's unlikely they know much about actual political thrillers.

The fact that this turd is considered "good" proves the point above

kek

ah, great point.

Personally, I think the most gripping part of the movie was when they went to a secret underground base, where an important character (head in the computer) is about to reveal profound plot points and the whole area is bombed by airstrike. Suspense!

now go make a youtube video about it because youre clearly convincing everyone here

lmao.

Seriously now, why does that nazi computer or whatever explain shit to Cap? I mean I know it's capeshit and it's supposed to be bad but that's fucking lazy even by capeshit standards

As someone who actually likes most capeshit, I don't understand the praise this movie got. It's pretty good as Marvel movies go but I can't really say much beyond that. Did I miss something?

>Ant Man is actually a heist movie
to be fair, that one at least contained a heist segment.

I don't think he had time to actually explain anything, he was about to, but the bombs got there first. Gripping!

Winter solider > Manchurian candidate

>SUSPENSE! XD
>GRIPPING LMAO!!!

GET MY IRONIC META GUISEE XD LELELELE!!!!!111

that is how you sound.

nobody really gives a shit about this movie being called a political thriller, manbabies will call it whatever they want, youre the only one here making a big deal out of it

>I have deleted all eye-based clearances from our system
>even for my OTHER eye?

that's some legit tight writing here, I was on the edge of my seat.

> where an important character (head in the computer)

Got me

calm down, we're making fun of manbabies

any reasonable person knows it's just a run-of-the-mill Marvel movie #12.

It's just the usual marketing BS. You get Robert Redford to do capeshit, you try to take full advantage of that.

>Batman v Superman is actually a genius deconstruction of the entire superhero genre
That's Watchmen you utter pleb
BvS is a look at superheroes as the larger-than-life beings that they are as an allegory for myths and legends of old

Not only it's not a political thriller, it's also not a good action movie

Debbie Snyder called it a deconstruction herself, dumbass.

that's because she never visited Sup Forums
patricians of this board would've explained the profound meaning of this movie to her.

serious question:

is there at least one marvel flick that could be considered a good action movie?

>movies are so shallow this counts as political intrigue

fucking lmao. hollywood is just fucking dumb propaganda for pro-white crap

It's a marvelfag thing. To convince themselves every movie is different, they tell everyone it's some genre other than action/adventure.

Even though every MCU flick has followed the same formula and tone so far.

>thread about some Marvel movie
>a couple of totally not shill Sup Forums.org ((((legit)))) users derail it to shitpost about some other DC movie

Mods need to start dealing with shills or they will take over the board by the time Ep 8 is released

Whatever. You're still a redditor trying to inject meaning into a film about dudes wearing capes

>Debbie Snyder
>a producer
>who knows jack shit
Define "deconstruction"
If a deconstruction is anything that avoids usual tropes/elements of the genre, then sure
But compared to something like Watchmen or Super, BvS is definitely not a deconstruction because it lacks the meta-element and the critique of the rest of the genre's outputs

Bu Debbie's just trying to market the film in a way that explains why it's not like marvel films

>capes mean a film can't have meaning
spotted the turbopleb
gonna tell me that kingdom of heaven has no meaning either since people wear capes in that?

>political thriller
kek just a meme. at best it was a spy movie the first half, then went full comic book/metal gear in the second.

Zack Snyder's wife knows jack shit about the movie her husband made and she produced. Yeah right. Keep telling yourself that.

Iron Man 1 is fine. I like Cap 1 but I wouldn't consider it "good". Everything else up to and including the three avengers movies have been shit, both from general and only action movie standards

this guy knows what's up.

I think The Incredible Hulk was an OK'ish action movie.

I still think The Incredible Hulk is the best movie in the MCU (and a criminally underrated one).

>Cap 2.
political thriller
>GotG
space opera
>Ant-Man
heist movie
>Civil War
philosophical piece

can't wait for MCU romcom, MCU western and MCU sci-fi!!!

also. wait. MCU comedy?!?!

Can't tell if you're baiting or not.

It's nice that Marvel isn't pretending it doesn't exist, brought back William Hurt, and might bring back Liv Tyler.

>implying CW isn't a character's study
>implying CW isn't this century's Persona

Probably better though, Russos > Bergman

you forgot

>Thor
high-fantasy
>Cap 1
war movie
>Spider-Man
coming of age story (presumably)
>Blank Panther
historical drama (hopefully)

I don't watch those stupid CW shows.

MCU comedy is when you look at the DCEU

are you saying DC flicks are unintentionally funny?

Tragicomic I think is the word.

Don't know about "political thrillers", but it sure is a piece of shit

kek

Ang Lee's Hulk shits all over it.

It's a decent enought movie but "dude it was more of a political thriller than a superhero movie" is a meme perpetrated by some

even the fuckin comparison to a much better movie like Three days of the condor is a joke

Incredible Hulk is a better action movie.
Hulk 2003 is a better movie.

It's the only good MCU movie, besides the first Iron Man.

Manchildren do