>"Having been raised with the self esteem movement so popular in schools, I used to expect my needs to be considered...

>"Having been raised with the self esteem movement so popular in schools, I used to expect my needs to be considered. But I know that these days, our culture no long caters to the job loyalty that could be promised to earlier generations."
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uZx9om8GPjY

what did he mean by this?

He means we got fucked but older generations still pretend we're the most spoiled somehow

Shit is that the guy from those beer commercials?

This movie was pure comfy

>le boomers had life on easy mode meme

fuck off

Boomers literally wrecked the country. It will take decades to fix. Unfortunately most of my fellow Xers are still apathetic slackers so it might take longer.

Fuck off, grandpa

Just looked it up. had no idea I was considered a millenial. Why such a large time span? Most of the others are about 10 years, but millennials are from 1977-1994

I'm certain he's an extra terrestrial who crash landed in California and disguises as a human.

Because generations are arbitrary bullshit

They literally did

Getting a degree of finishing high school even used to mean you could easily find a job.

corporations want to easily market you shit so they try to streamline culture for 10-40 year olds

This. I'd argue that gen Y is more of an inbetween generation between X and true millenials. I predicate this on the ubiquity of PCs and internet access that happened in the 90s. Ive got more in common with someone who grew up in the 70s than i do someone who grew up in the 90s, culturally speaking.

Every source that has a classification for "millennial" has a different date range.

why are handsome actors so good at playing complete autists

Because attractive and talented often come as a package.

they look so fucking rat faced

I can't stand them

Because people like attribute positive qualities to handsome people.

I always thought that a millenial is soneone who had their youth during the turn of the millenium, so ~1980-1994 sounds right to me.

Because now Millennial is just buzz word for any kid who won't get off your lawn.

I was born in 95 and I'm pretty sure I'd be categorized as a millennial. At this point, with the rate that technology is improving, I feel like in 20 years I'll have more in common with someone 10 years older than me than 10 years younger.

Why couldn't this guy just work at Wal-Mart? With his cutthroat attitude, he could've easily made manager in no time. I mean he was gonna sell his fucking soul for an awful unpaid internship at a construction site.

Because it wasn't edgy enough for the screenwriter.

I like to think he had a normal job like that, but was fired for his cutthroat ambition. If he treated his coworkers anything like he treated his assistant in the movie, that's probably the case. The only job he can work well in is freelance.

t. baby boomer

Being handsome and talented aren't positive qualities?

Now you're just being sad.

>t. ugly talentless loser

It implies that people who talk about the way millennials were raised and their "sense of entitlement" are actually detached from reality and in some ways selfish and exploitative.

This works for both Gyllenhal and the construction manager

That's not what I said at all. I just gave an explanation for your bullshit claim

1) Not a bullshit claim.

2) The only way your backwards fucking pageantry logic works is if both those actors are unquestionably and horrifically bad at acting, as that would nullify the idea that talent and looks comes as a package. But they aren't. Unless you're really that pathetic, which you might be.

Yes, because of two examples based on your personal opinion your claim must be true.

I say that's correct, but not the entire point. I can't count how many times I've gotten a speech like that from "concerned" relatives or mentors and I think the screenwriter knew that's a thing people do. I think he was painting and image of what the near-future "successful" millennial will be like, the ones that are self-consciously plucky and to no small degree ruthless because of the browbeating on the part of exploitative elders.

It's not 77, more like 82. Anyone that had world wide web before high school.

What's afterwards gen z, but isn't this gen x? What happened to gen y?