gira definitely knows how to sing

I love those
Does it have a name?

>singer-songwriter
>can't actually sing

i think it's called "lazy songwriting"

talentless hackery

Rap music?

>makes prolonged oral sounds in tune and rhythm with the music in a satisfying pattern
>"can't sing"

Yeah man, fuck timbre and key. muh fee fees

>Thinking not liking the timbre of someone's voice means they can't sing

user you might be tone deaf

I agree, mediocrity worse than an absolute beginner should be celebrated.

>look guys! I'm using terms I've heard American Idol judges say!
If he's singing in tune (which he is) he is automatically in the correct key. Timbre is a stylistic choice and usually not a matter of skill.

Typical retard trying to critique professionals without knowing the first thing about music.

>timbre isnt a matter of skill

Are you mentally retarded? Dylan goes out of tune the second he attempts anything close to technical. There is a reason covers are more famous than the original versions.

>Eets mediocah!
>Sound nothing like Glee or Frozen!

>repeating a simple riff or chord over and over again for "intensity"

Dylan couldn't even approach a Stevie Wonder song. He has no chops either timbre wise or in runs. And don't tell me it's because he's white while Jay Kay walks this earth.

>Confusing timbre with being in tune less than a minute after I explained the difference.

No, you're right, user. Everyone else since the 60s is wrong.

No one has ever said Dylan was a talented singer. What several retards in this thread have mixed up is the difference between being bad and being unremarkable in regards to technical ability.

Dylan does both poorly. He drops the note at the end of each line. He has no chops either in vocals or in guitar. He couldn't sing with vibrado like Willie Nelson if he fucking tried. He has no chops. Raise your standards off the floor.

He sings on key and has solid breath support. Despite clear limitations in singing talents, he's managed to record multiple hits and dozens of albums in an era that did not have auto-tune. That's enough for me to say that he's not a bad singer. There's a fat black lady that blows Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Neil Young and Elliot Smith out of the water in singing ability on every season of American Idol. It's not what I listen to music for.

He is a writer. He is no singer. I can't handle listening to people I can do better than. I could never write poetry like him, but I can and do sing better in my fucking car as alayman than he is capable of.

It is debatable that you could do better, user. I doubt you have recorded an album. I doubt you've sang through a world tour without blowing your voice out half-way through. You're being an uppity amateur mouthing off at professionals with nothing to back it up.

People will listen to music for the lyrics. I don't, lyrics are unimportant to me. I can understand that other people like his shit because they put aside his poor vocals for the great words. I'm just not a words person. I'd rather listen to some simple Bee Gees lyrics with amazing falsettos and harmonies than Bob Dylan. I get why people defend him because they connect emotionally to the lyrics. I'm just not one of those people. I can't listen to Leonard Cohen either.

You sound like the typical autistic high school choir kid.

Amazing how touring didn't improve his ability to sing. You're being a defensive fanboy.

I just have standards. I don't like people that aren't at least intermediate at what they do. I also don't like punk music because it is untalented and sold on an image of authenticity to the mentally feeble.

Link to yourself singing then, faggot.
Put your money where your mouth is.

Alright, I'm doing pull day right now. Wait until after I sauna and get in the car.

Stop posting you fucking moron

>mentally feeble

For liking words in songs so much you guys sure are bad with them.

See

vocaroo.com/i/s1U5CnqkSiHU