Let's collect all those depressing plot holes from this shit show of an episode to at least turn it into some kind of...

let's collect all those depressing plot holes from this shit show of an episode to at least turn it into some kind of fun.

>ywn be loved by molly
fuck my life up

>Cumcumbitch
>good series

What a qt.
>dem nipples

>how did they manage to go to all of the effort to do the creepy haunted house thing?
>why did eurus try to blow them all up?
>why did mycroft wait for the grenade to be triggered before running away?
>why was no-one injured in the explosion?
>why did they have to nick a boat and go to all the effort of disguises etc. to get to the island when mycroft is a top ranking official anyway and could have just gone there?
>what happened to the fishermen on the boat?
>how didn't sherlock notice there was no glass?
>how did the keep 3 feet away sign float in the air?
>how exactly was the throat mic thing supposed to actually work, especially with the violin?
>how exactly did eurus mind control everyone?
>how exactly did she get to the mainland on repeated occasions?
>and how did no-one notice this?
>why did the governor disobey mycroft's orders in the first place?
>how did the glass get back after she trapped them in the cage?
>how did euros get all three of the brothers to dangle off the edge of the building? i know two worked there, but was it annual bring your brother to your top secret off-coast workplace day or something?
>how did eurus have those darts set-up to shoot their necks?
>how did sherlock at no point notice the little girl was eurus?
>how did john get out of the well with the rope if he was chained up?
>how did eurus get all that info on culverton smith for the last episode?
I hope I'm not missing anything

you forgot

>If Eurus can mind-control anyone by speaking to them for five minutes, why wasn't John mind-controlled from being in her presence for hours when she was his therapist, and why don't Mycroft and Sherlock IMMEDIATELY quarantine him so he can't do any harm

>if the big twist was that the kid was just drowned in the well, how did Sherlock (or the police) not figure that out?

if you have a well on your property it's not a gigantic leap of logic to suppose it might be where a murdered corpse is, especially once it starts rotting and contaminating the water

she even said 'drowned' redbeard early on.

she even told them the boy drowned, but apparently they didn't think to check the giant well they had

>how did moriarty get on every tv screen in the country?
>how did euros get off the island and why was she on john's bus every day trying to fuck him?
>how did she have the time for this, pretend therapist, jimmy saville daughter and also prepare ridiculously elaborate saw traps?
>mycroft can rewrite memories?
>why didn't the holmes parents ever check the well when they knew euros killed a kid?
>how did sherlock and john jump from the explosion and land in a boat
>if redbeard wasn't a dog then why did they have the bowl bart? why did they have the bowl?

I thought about it and there is no way in hell that was the real episode.

Maybe Sherlock's parents just thought he was a little shit so left him to die because fuck him

Also why were the parents so annoyed with Mycroft for telling them Eurus died? I mean, they obviously didn't visit her before it else they would have known and she killed a boy and was planning to kill one of their sons but somehow Mycroft is the bad guy in all of it.

>if redbeard wasn't a dog then why did they have the bowl bart? why did they have the bowl?
kek. maybe they just mistreated the boy.

Just watched it very anti climactic. The tranquilizer thing was a cop out.

Would have honestly preferred if somebody died. Disappointing end to a good series.

Unless series 5 lands in 2037.

FUUUCK this is unbelievable.

This episode was fucking stupid, is this even the same show anymore? Fuck

saw an episode of this last night.

the first one i seen. also the last. why would they believe a little girl would be in a plane? a plane with no one else alive and somehow stays up in the air for many hours. fucking retarded. they didn't even shoot the bitch at the end.

surprised it wasn't an all black cast.

biggest twist of the story is that the holmes family kept a boy as a pet and treated him like a dog

don't write off the whole show cause of this shit, the first couple seasons are genuinely great

Boy this was a shit-show.

Guess that's what happens when you kill the best character 2 seasons in. You have to resort to pulling everything out of your ass afterwards.

>appear on boat in the middle of the sea
IM A PIRATE
>contorts his face into a meme and smirks at camera

It should have ended before the tranq darts. Might've actually had some weight to it and still resulting un Sherlock's 'victory' I suppose.

Hypothesis:
>Culverton Smith was a highly successful and politcally linked entrepeneur
>this means he could have possibly have gone to the island on one occasion
>he meets Eurus, because every fucker's met Eurus
>she programmes him to kill everyone
>this removes one plot hole from the show
Culverton did nothing wrong

>DUDE THE DOG WAS A KID LMAO

>how was Eurus switching between her scared child psychosis and taunting them at the same time?
>Why did Moriarty and Eurus spend all their time recording dialog for something she knew was going to happen in 5 years?
>If Eurus can mind control anyone by talking to them why is there a video feed with audio directly to the guards that are standing at her door?

So they gave the villain psychic powers.

Great.

>earbuds

oh, I thought that part was funny

They even showed the video of her "reprogramming" someone. It's just rambling /r/atheism tier nihilism.

Apparently every media device in the country was attacked by Moriarty for no reason whatsoever, considering it was never brought up again this entire series other than saying he's dead.

>how can she be talking on a cell phone on a plane when you're specifically told to turn off your electronics?

there's no way a cell phone could have reception in a plane anyway.

If that was 'reprogramming' people then Sup Forums is rebooting them outright.

An emotional season, but I liked when Sherlock actually solved cases with a bit of the melodrama stuff, not the other way around. I guess they ran out of energy to write clever mysteries.

You see glimpses of cases they solve in a montage, I would have liked to see more of those. Back to Elementary and NCIS.

So how did Mycroft "rewrite" Sherlock's memory and made him forget about his sister?
He was still very young at that time

Agreed. I started to prefer Elementary and Johnny Lee Miller. It might be a yank cash grab but it's far less autistic.

Alright I'm not going to bother mentioning the plot holes, since they have been covered. Just going to point some things out. Someone here has already called me delusional so don't worry about that.

After the opening we see Mycroft in the middle of watching a movie, but not just any movie random movie; it's some kind of crime/detective movie in the middle of some sexually charged/romantic dialogue. That's what we were just doing: watching a detective story, in the middle of some very smotionally charged moments for the characters. The movie then gets interrupted by john's hilariously masterminded plan of.........somehow replacing footage in mycroft's film reel with creepy messages, imitating a spooky little girl voice, stealing the bullets out his umbrella sword gun, hiding a a little girl dummy in mycroft's staircase, learning how to make paintings cry blood, etc. etc.

In no fucking universe is that logical, why the fuck would that happen? I said I wouldnt cover plot holes but oh well. We're supposed to forget that the last ep ended with a gun in john's face and by the end of this opening segment we are supposed to seriously believe that not only did eurus shoot john with a tranquilizer gun, she then apparently did nothing at all to him and ran away and then john and sherlock decided to sneak into mycroft's house to get him to confess some information that they would have clearly already known; they could have just confronted him about it without all this horror movie BS. Also Sherlock decided to wear the deerstalker despite having no public audience while doing any of this. How very in character of him?

cont

>why did they have to nick a boat and go to all the effort of disguises etc. to get to the island when mycroft is a top ranking official anyway and could have just gone there?
He sorta explains this: it was done so no one could leak his arrival and cover their tracks if the security was compromised, but it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

anyone else REALLY like mary?

Alright, then later we get an oscar wilde quote about the complicated nature of truth. A while after that we get some freddie mercury lyrics about breaking free from lies. You guys have already called me out for saying this is a gay story, but i just want to point out that for some reason they decided to quote two people considered to be gay icons for apparently no reason at all in this episode, on the topic of truth, and kept referencing the importance of being earnest which is about deception in love and living double lives. Anyway, the Queen song is interesting too because it gets cut off in the middle of the line "I've fallen in love" (cutting off on the word love), in my mind this is intentionally calling back to the beginning of the episode where the emotional dialogue in the detective movie gets interrupted. also they have a scene that mirrors the music video for that song.

fast forward to the ending. We have mary sending out another one of her posthumous mixtapes. She narrates to us over some clips taken from the first 3 episodes and the apparently mostly undamaged 221b etc. We have this woman on a tv screen telling john and sherlock (and by extension, the viewers) a very strict interpretation of who john and sherlock are, reducing their personalities to what we were introduced to in the first episode. She then tells them that who they areally are doesn't matter and its basically pointless to wonder anything else about who they are, that they'll just go on doing what they have always done because all that matters is the stories, then she claims ownership over them, and the episode ends with john and sherlock on freeze frame--motionless, suspended in the middle of their forward movement next to a building that says "Rathbone", and its over. Gonna point out that Sherlock never ends on a freeze frame, but the movie Clue certainly does. Clue also ends in a guy revealing his sexuality, but that's just my delusional interpretation of this thing.

cont

Also, it's pretty neat that they wrote a new musical score for this episode and then completely didnt use it at all and only recycled music made for previous episodes, even though the episode just before this one had a very nice original score.

I'm feeling like this was an intentional shit show to make a point, anons. Like Moftiss is doing to us what he had john and sherlock do to mycroft at the start of the episode. At the end of the docutmentary on PBS after the epsidose they had Moriarty appear on screen after the credits saying something like "Oh, you thought it was over?", the last 10 mins were cut out of one of the latin american broadcasts, i heard that in poland they have episode 3 airing again on next sunday but the person i heard that from said sundays are for premieres and saturdays are for re-runs, and there was a tweet made by one of the music production team that got deleted where he said something about "the real episode 3".

I think you're taking this too far

Oh one more thing, the writers have said in an interview that the three garridebs has one of their favorite moments in all of the Holmes canon, and they used nothing whatsoever from the scene they are talking about but instead just named 3 dudes garrideb and made a Saw scene with them. Funny shit.

Are you talking about "Without a Clue" or "Clue?"

I didn't know Oscar Wilde was supposed to be a gay icon, I thought he was famous for being a good writer.

maybe too far. maybe intradesting. we will see i guess. just hope if there's a real episode it's a full on gay sex show to fulfill my tumblr phantasies.

i liked that Moriarty was a glorified soundboard

Does the highest ranking intelligence official in Britain not have bodyguards at his house?

you'd be surprised senpai

isn't a plane usually too high up to be within reach for broadcasting towers?

Clue, the movie famous for its alternate endings. Its tagline is "Its not just a game anymore"; the tagline for the final problem is "its not a game any more". Sherlock has a cluedo board stabbed onto his wall. they mention clue on john's blog. there are pics of the cast playing clue. They seem to be making some kind of a deal about clue. Maybe just for fun but maybe thats what the freeze frame was about.

And yes, Oscard Wilde is famous for being a good writer, but he is also famous for being imprisoned for homosexuality in 1895.

I was never rooting super hard for the gay ending, I just thought thats what they were trying to do and I thought it would be interesting if they did. After seeing this trainwreck I feel alot more invested in it because there's no way the show nosedived this hard after the last ep which had high production quality, an original score, great acting and decent writing and then this one was...Saw + Silence of the Lambs, no original score, filmed in a basement with everyone acting very flat? And the plot was not characteristic of a Holmes story in any form

good god what am I looking at here

The whole episode was centred around Eurus trying to show how emotional states makes logical thinking complicated. She was a completely autistic in that she can do all the logical calculated thinking easily, but even simple stuff like why someone is smiling is a mystery to her.

Sup Forums is Eurus. We're all pointing out the obvious flaws in this crappy episode because they stick out to us, but everywhere else online, people are praising the episode for the amount of emotion that came through with Sherlock, John and Mycroft. Nobody else can seem to see how bad the episode was because there emotional investment in these characters prevented them from seeing how objectively flawed the episode was.

Are we autistic Sup Forums?

You're overreaching with the Clue reference but there was definitely a gay subtext to this episode. I don't believe Moffat & Gattis have any deeper or intelligent meaning intended, it's merely pandering fan service. This way, because they know sections of the fan base will interpret it as such, they get to have "gay" characters without ever having to acknowledge it in the narrative.

The very clearly outed Moriarty in this episode but even then it occurs in a flashback and they no longer have to write anything for him.

to be honest, if they really pull that off it would be awesome. a show fucking with its audience in that way, true sherlock. don't wanna get my hopes up though. been disappointed enough by this season.

how did they out moriarty?

if you're on about where Moriarty says "where do you want me?" to the warden guy, pretty sure it was just a joke. Not really outing him.

the part where moriarty says "Like my boys? This one's got more stamina, but he's less caring in the afterglow"

He poses like Freddie Mercury to the soundtrack of "I Want To Break Free" and then goes in to a goofy rant about which of his bodyguards are better than bed.

About as overt as it gets with these writers desu

Who gives a crap if Jim is gay?

Is he "our guy"?

Yeah fair enough on the clue ref being overreaching but I still believe in it. They've just mentioned clue so many times, even in dialogue on the show.

They also had Eurus rape a woman for the lulz, that was pretty edgy.

Moftiss have spoken on the topic of making villains gay and that you have to be careful with it, and then in this episode they went out of their way to make the primary villains of the story more explicitly gay/bi than they ever have (and one of them a rapist apparently, wew). Maybe they were being lazy and careless but to my overreading mind it seems like they were trying to make some kind of point.

If Eurus' song just ended up telling Sherlock to go to her room, how would solving the puzzle find the boy?

i don't know, satan.

the same way it helped him find watson

Wasn't Moriarty introduced as Molly"s gay boyfriend?

LITERALLY the first thing Sherlock notices about him is how gay he is

Yes. Who cares. Shut up.

you mean he just had to hug his sister and ask her to save him?

all i know is that the actor himself is gay.

why are you so defensive about moriarty being gay

yeah

sherlock points out his "specific" brand of underwear, the styling product in his hair, and then the fact that moriarty gives him his number

When is Molly gonna kill herself?

lmao

I literally thought they were leading up to that
there were so many hints about it

>Muh brother
>Muh family
>Muh emotional contest
she needed a big, nice dick, that's all

Mycroft didn't trust the people there and wanted to get in incognito. He explains this.

>what happened to the fishermen on the boat?
IIRC they mention that they've found them tied up on another part of the island

>how exactly did she get to the mainland on repeated occasions?
>and how did no-one notice this?
She mind controlled everyone using her magic powers so they let her leave as she pleased. Did you even watch the episode?

>why did the governor disobey mycroft's orders in the first place?
He was a moron that thought he was smarter than he actually was.

>how did the glass get back after she trapped them in the cage?
She's got a island full of minions. They probably put it in.

>how did euros get all three of the brothers to dangle off the edge of the building? i know two worked there, but was it annual bring your brother to your top secret off-coast workplace day or something?
She mentioned that it was easy to get the third brother there. It's not that far of a stretch to imagine that the other brothers got him there.

>how did eurus get all that info on culverton smith for the last episode?
She's sooper smart. Again, did you even watch the episode?

The show might be shit. But get your plot holes right, mate.

>Are we autistic Sup Forums?
Yes. The episode was still shit, though.

Are you the guy who thinks there are references to the movie Clue in other episodes?

>Saw + Silence of the Lambs, no original score, filmed in a basement with everyone acting very flat? And the plot was not characteristic of a Holmes story in any form

forgot to mention also that they took twice as long creating this episode compared to the average episode of sherlock. must have taken a really long time to think of all those intricate Saw scenarios, put together those grey rooms and film that goofy explosion

Why was Mycroft so averse to seeing people die? It can't be because he's the kind of guy who orders peoples deaths and doesn't do it himself, because in The Empty Hearse we saw him infiltrate that Serbian paramilitary and watched Sherlock get tortured without breaking character. He must have seen tons of fucked up shit while undercover.

To the movie? No. But they talk about the board game in at least one ep, might be in 2. The joke is that Sherlock doesnt understand how to play Clue and is mad that the victim cant be the one who did it. And for a few episodes they have the clue board displayed on the wall.

>mfw all of Sup Forums joins forces to shit on this terrible episode

But at the end of that ep when Moriarty reveals himself, he asks Sherlock if he was impressed by him "playing gay", suggesting he isn't actually gay.

>Why did Moriarty and Eurus spend all their time recording dialog for something she knew was going to happen in 5 years?
Previous episode showed Sherlock planning stuff for two weeks later and she's like a million billions times more special and brilliant than him.

Magic is a plot hole. Especially on a show where, "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" is the creed the protagonist supposedly lives by.

This is my exact type for some fucked up reason.

>molly didn't actually hang up the phone after saying I love you
>hears sherlock going "eurus, I won! I won!"
>kills herself
the only proper course of action

DELETE THIS

Yeah. Mycroft not shooting that dude didn't make much sense. He was pretty much the only one that actually knew what Euros was capable of, and those magical deductive skills should have told him that Watson might not pull through.
And as some autistic super spy that's ordered the death of probably thousands, how fucking difficult can it be?

>Molly is clearly emotionally destroyed by Sherlock's phone call
>She appears smiling at the end lol its all good haha ;)

I thought that the plane plot was retarded, but I believed they had an explanation for that. Well, they did, but it made it even more stupid.

this fucking shit right here was the worst

She was also the girl on the bus and she texted with John for weeks 24/7.

Reading through other posts on the internet, nothing makes me more mad than retards defending objectively bad and pretentious televison, telling people they "just dont get it."

Not really since magical brains is a stated baseline in the show's universe. And "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" hasn't been a thing in Sherlock for quite some time.

But Sherlock really does love her, and she's happy 'cause he's her bf.

The bowl was planted by the sister.

Girls in thick jumpers are my fetish

>IIRC they mention that they've found them tied up on another part of the island
Yeah, but I mean when Eurus takes over the place what happens to them? Or actually for that matter anyone else on that island.

Watch the first few eps.

Also I feel confident that this garbage pile is just Mofftiss fucking with us to make a point about what Sherlock is 'about'. Some episodes are bad but none of them are completely illogical in every way like this one which is so bad that I can't believe they could have fucked up this hard on accident. They seem to have deliberately turned their storytelling style on its head and contradicted elements of the characters that they had previously made noticible and important.