/cyc/ - 2017 UCI World Championships Bergen - Men Elite Road Race

>course
bergen2017.no/courses/road-race/elite-men/

>streams
cyclingfans.com/uci-road-world-championships/live

Departure will be at Rong. The teams will have a rolling 10 km towards the spectacular Rognesund Bridge. We can expect to see a major gathering of the locals, boats and vessels that will wish to celebrate the riders once they get there.

After the bridge the teams have a flat 20 km towards Kolltveit. The beautiful coastal landscape will give the riders small chances to rest before they face a small climb (400 m) at Kolltveit. After a quick descent the teams face another flat 3 km before they cross the magnificent Sotra Bridge. The suspension bridge is 1236 metres long, and has a free span of 468 metres with 50 metres of clearance. For both the riders and the TV-audience, this will be something to remember.

Then the riders will race towards the circuit in Bergen. It departs from Festplassen and takes the riders up to Mount Ulriken where the riders will have a fantastic view over the city. Then the circuit goes around the old wooden housing in Sandviken, before the final stretch along Bryggen and the finish at Festplassen.

The circuit starts out with a flat 200m in a well-lit tunnel before entering the Puddefjords Bridge. After 2 km the first climb awaits at Solheimsviken. It’s about 500 metres long, but will be crowded with lots of fans and spectators. The second climb comes after about 5 km, and now the riders will face 1 km with 5 %. With a light rail stop in the middle of the climb, this will be another popular fan zone.

For the first part of the race, the race will take it gentle at this part of the circuit. The flat section will see the teams and riders preparing for the last and main climb up to Mount Ulriken. The 1.4 km ascend is beautifully carved into the mountainside with houses wooden surrounding the road. Together with the city centre, this will be the most popular fan zone with massive amounts of people. With 6.5 % in average, the climb will offer a good chance for a break away. This gives a tactical dimension to the race, the battle will be immense, and the riders will have to perform their very best.

After the majestic sight at Mount Ulriken there is a descent with intermediate technical turns for about 1 km, then it is flat towards the city centre where the final parts of the circuit is identical as for the other races. The last 2.5 km is flat with gentle curves and no roundabouts.

>using pedals

>tfw the UCI youtube channel is geoblocked in Germany and TV broadcast start at 3PM

Who are the favourites? Who suites the route better?
Are we gonna get a triple Sagan win today?

>break

Conor Dunne og Sean McKenna (IRL), Alexey Vermeulen (USA), Willem Smit (RSA), Salaheddine Mraouni (MAR), Andrey Amador (CRC), Kim Magnussen (SWE), Elchin Asadov (AZE) og Eugert Zhupa (ALB)

fuck froome
fuck sky
fuck all brits

>tfw UCI forgets your country

When the race was in Richmond i watch it using a VPN.
Sagan is the clear favorite. I would also say Boasson Hagen.

I have just spun up a VM in Azure Canada, so I'm good to go now

fuck them and all other sports rights holders. Never ever support them

Froomey's got this

Peter Sagan
Greg van Avermaet
Matteo Trentin
Michael Matthews
Edvald Boasson Hagen
Michal Kwiatkowski

it suits all the riders you'd tip for milan san remo.

Cmon Bling

>238k to go

Good good, heard Norway had a pretty strong team

repeating digits and Mathews wins
>want a waffle to win
>or a literally who

Not really, We have two riders who have a chance , But i would not call them favourites.

Time for a cheeky nap

Better start your sprint soon, Eddie

Sagan - 3/1
Kwait - around 7/1
EBH - 10/1
GVA - 12/1
Trentin - 14/1
lolscrubs - 25-9000/1

I can feel a Dane winning.

Has Edvald ever had a good sprint after a long, tough, one day race? If he wins this he's going to do it solo.

Yeah, He has a decent motor and is capable of a Pretty solid sprint after a long race. We will have to see if he will try to go alone or work with kristoff.

139 BROWN Nathan
140 HOWES Alex
141 REIJNEN Kiel
142 ROSSKOPF Joey
143 VAN GARDEREN Tejay
144 VERMEULEN Alexey

Why hasn't America produced a decent one day rider since in ages? Since Hincapie maybe?

Taylor Phinney is pretty good but he had a terrible injury.

Yeah Phinney had promise, but one top 10 in a big classic is pretty thin. Just looking back through their world's lineups, and it surprised me just how poor their teams have been.

Alaphilippe will win
These dubs are just a confirmation

Greg ! Greg ! GREG !

Cheeky Oliver Naesen win lads

MOSCON
O
S
C
O
N

Will Sagan dab?

Great crowd desu.

Julius Johansen really dominated

sagan

Quintana attack on the final climb

hayman abandon :O

hayman broke

>tfw no degenkolb

Is the rainbow jersey curse still real?

Depends if it's won by a really good rider or not

>implying big Tom won't make it 4 golds for the Netherlands

Do countries dope as well as teams?

your mom is dope

>so boring the BBC is talking about shoe covers for 5 minutes

We have a pretty good team. Eddy is really good at these types of races, Kristoff might surprise us, and Breen, Stake Laengen and Eiking can all keep with them (almost) all the way in.

Really hoping on a heroic Lars Boom win to make it 4 gold

>Breen

he has retired and is not in this race

Btw why the fuck do we have Mollema and Poels on the team??

What the fuck, then where the hell did I get that from? My apologies.

>why do we have a LBL winner and recent top 10 gt finisher in our team

Jesus. Get a hold of yourself, Geert-Jaan..

to go with attacks on the climb when other quality riders go.
other than slagter I can't see any dutchies that miss out

Mollema has also won San Sebastian

>A non slav hasn't won since 2013

It's Kwiato time again. What are your predictions for the race? Will some break make it to the finish line or 1/2 riders like in other races?

Next year's course.
Climb that gets to 25% in places.

>What are your predictions for the race?
sagan wins lol

I expect over the last few laps we'll see a couple of really strong, dangerous groups. But last time up the climb the likes of Sagan, Kwiato, Matthews, GVA will pull it all back for a 10 man sprint. A 20 man group coming in 10 or so seconds later.

I think I might actually go there

>it's a sporza overrates wellens and benoot episode

inb4 wellens finishes 30th and benoot 25th

In a way i hope Kristoff will win so we don't have to see that stupid euro jersey

wtf this started way earlier than I expected

i had to get up at 9 in the fucking morning, bruv. it was awful.

fucking this, pure eu propaganda

At what age do Norwegians get their first Norway flag?

Two years before they get their first cow bell

>that squeeze around the corner
good grief

>tv2 bants

I don't have any numbers to back it up but I think there are more people here than in Qatar

there are more people in this thread than were in Qatar

they were unironically riding around a literally contruction site.

daily reminder that norways flag is an 80 year old rip off of Dannebrog

Alaphilippe got this
I think you should support him, he's a young rider who isn't afraid of anything.
He's the x factor of the race, Go Julian

>sagan
>terminator
bbc shilling hard for free

Just started watching.
Was it a shimano that blew Hayman off the road.

>Julien Simon has a better chance than alelphilel

anyone wanna make out for a while?

>using clothes

nah, i'm not into girls sorry

Does Boardman ever sleep? He looks like absolute shit.

det siger noget om...

>sleeping on a Saturday night with all that world champ cycling ass out there partying
what's the matter with you?

>MathewHayman @Mathew_Hayman 4m4 minutes ago
>Be nice if the car drivers in the men's pro road race were professional as well. #justsaying #driveacaronceayear #ridershaverightofway

eritrea was apparently holding a party last night

>#notallmuslims

Norwegians really like fish don't they

we unironically do

Reminder that our king is also danish. And our language. But the oil is our own. So it really doesn't matter.

Next time up we'll get some action

You don't? Even innland norwegians like me love fish. Nothing beats fried trout with potatoes, sour cream, chives and buttersauce.

Harald is the legitimate king of Denmark.
He should invade.

fish is gross, mate. everyone else agrees.

Good afternoon lads. How was your sunday ride?

I had a very comfy ride in fog, with sunshine coming through. Extremely comfy setting for a ride, especially in the forest. Less comfy was when I rode past a heron devouring a poor frog. The thing was screeching insanely loudly, never knew such small frogs could make so much noise. RIP little guy.

Anything happened in the race so far? Crowds are looking insane.