Now that the dust has settled, what is Sup Forums's consensus?

Now that the dust has settled, what is Sup Forums's consensus?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!oNFXgTZT!etwA17Qk9lBz_Y8-VsW3iw
mega.nz/#F!pY01BAiK!vnk4SYO4KDon9GIIxC5EqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>make a musical
>none of the songs are memorable

YOU HAD ONE JOB

Pretentious, spectacular, dishonest film making, a sincere love letter to a city, white washed, diverse, a true visual spectacle, and a migraine inducing orgy of color.

The cinematic equivalent of white power

Over rated mediocrity

DUDE BRIGHT COLORS LMAO

Is there a good quality rip of the soundtrack yet?

(((Dishonest)))

It's decent

Musicals are terrible

mega.nz/#F!oNFXgTZT!etwA17Qk9lBz_Y8-VsW3iw

still feeling the emotional turmoil left by this film
>tfw a dreamer

And the score done by Justin Hurwitz

mega.nz/#F!pY01BAiK!vnk4SYO4KDon9GIIxC5EqQ

Boring til the last 30 minutes.
Musical, yet not enough musical. Felt half assed.
Should've been set in the 80s or 90s. Story's too nostalgic to tolerate modern cars, iphones, shiny coffee names etc.
Ending's bogus. It's like they couldn't decide how to end the story and kept both in.

And seriously, enough with the downer endings on dramas. It got old before 500 Days of Summer.

The dust hasn't settled. It won't settle until this nonsensical "dishonest filmmaking" forced meme dies and people are free to give their actual thoughts on the film.

>He doesn't think Audition or Another Day of Sun are memorable

shut the fuck up. another day of sun, someone in the crowd, city of stars and engagement party all have very catchy melodies and have been playing on my head ever since I watched it

How does it end?

dishonest and noisy

The guy and the girl fulfill their dreams of owning a jazz club and being an actress of renown respectively. However along the way they lose each other. The ending has a "what could've been" sequence that shows them not breaking and fulfilling their dreams but then the sequence ends and we see them give each other one last look as she leaves the club with her husband.

>you don't love big cock up your ass

>the devastating lives of LA's self involved pricks

Not every acquaintance ends up being something more, even though it might have been.

Not every ending needs to be happily ever after.

>Should've been set in the 80s or 90s.
I still can't figure out what timeline it was in. It was time traveling so much it lost its character.

Emma Stone can't sing and act. Also she looks seriously ugly in this.

Fun, nice pace, gosling was great as always, stone too. Makes sense that it will win a lot of awards since hollywood loses their shit over anything 'old hollywood'

With a proper casting couch scene, it would have been a good film about Hollywood. But they don't have the balls to do it. Shame.
Anyway, it was not bad. 5/10.

I don't remember any of the lyrics or know about any of the songs but I remember the music. Maybe it wasn't a musical, but a music, all.

>Emma Stone can't sing and act
no, she's been nominated for a bunch of prestigious acting awards cause of memes... retard

That's edgy.

I don't understand how it's not happily ever after they both end up with successful careers
>they don't end up with each other
who gives a fuck

I think Emma Stone is quite cute, but I did have a frog as a pet when I was a kid so I may be biased.

>t. fan of "worst-Emma" Watson