Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x2s25l7_john-k-being-john-k_fun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that Thad Castle from BMS?

how so? is it this plot, cause its hardly a novel idea anyway

>Football player moves in next door
>Guys think it's gonna be awesome
>Turns out to be a huge dick who parties all night

>Americans can't do decent animation anymore without throwing in references to pop culture

This makes me sadder than anything. The Critic gets a pass because it started the trend and is actually decent.

who's animation is better?

And don't say anime

French do some decent art house stuff but seriously, Japan.

Anime for the sheer fact that they use basically legalized slave labor.

so does western animation now

>that
>decent animation
It's cold and sterile animation. There's no warmth, no sense of depth. No hidden things that you don't notice the first time you watch it. Shit, there's only shadows on the background pieces.

Weekly anime tends to be shit, OVAs are when Japanese animation shines.

In the U.S., we don't really see the point in animation that doesn't appeal to children or isn't purely comedic.

If you're going to make a tv show or feature film that appeals to adults and isn't purely comedic, then you might as well just make it live-action and hire real actors.

The only reason this might make you sad is because you're a pathetic Doug Walker-type who obsesses over anime and cartoons and shit.

john k's animation

sadly he isn't used more nowadays because he's hard to work with

Yeah, but japan gets it's slave labor from its own country, not South Korea

Was this guy real and did he block a kick?

No, just made up for the show.

They've been using Worst Korea.

King of the Hill ripped off literally all their storylines from Simpsons.

is his cartoon based on his dad ever coming out?

So family guy didn't rip it off?

Sup Forums BTFO yet again

>hard to work with
Nobody want's to work with the guy who constantly hit on his female employee who had known him since she was 13. Good o'l Uncle John.

dailymotion.com/video/x2s25l7_john-k-being-john-k_fun

Grover, go long!

you mean the guy making borderline degenerate cartoons for kids was actually a degenerate?!

SHOCKING!

Hey, at least it's better than all these other "Nu-male" cartoons CN pumps out nowadays.

>tfw lou reed voiced him.

>he always wanted to play football for the coach

POTTERY

yeah, I mean, I love john k works and consider r&s one of the funniest cartoons to ever come out of the golden age of animated sitcoms otherwise known as the nineties, but there's no denying he's one creepy motherfucker

i love his work too but i don't really care about his personal life really, I just like the way he animates stuff more fluidity due to his inspiration from bob clampett and it's something i noticed that newer cartoons nowadays don't share the same animation style as he does which im hoping some day a new guy comes along and will do something as good as r&s

I unironically still like Family Guy

Fite me

yeah, nowadays everything is illustrator bullshit
sad, really, specially considering all the stuff we had a couple decades before (anything klasky csupo, rocco's modern life, the critic, even fucking south park was innovative back then)

>people are shocked to find that the guy who makes crazy shit is also a little fucking loopy

I fucking hate normies so much.

and i don't like dexter's lab and ppg as much as i used to know

Family Guy just isn't good. Between the overly long non-joke cutaways (Conway Twitty), the insufferable musicals (the Weed and Thank the Whites songs) it's clear the writers are often stretching for time when they are out of ideas. It's clear they delight in giving us "nonjokes" as a way to torture the audience and trick people into thinking there is some deeper meta joke.

Between that and the undeveloped characters which randomly and clunkily springboard into faux emotional moments, it's clear the writers sometimes want to pull off the "Heartfelt moment/comedy" trick of the prime Simpsons, except they are hacks.

Honestly, if you want lowbrow crude, immediate humor go watch Brickleberry. It isn't smart, but at least it has actual characters (stereotyped as they might be) and it delivers immediately on one joke and goes to the next one.

>sperg without a redeeming talent or capacity gets mad at people discussing kids cartoons he considers his only escape from his pathetic existence

Sad!

so they can point their fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."

what's even the point OP