There's just something about this character that I genuinely liked...

There's just something about this character that I genuinely liked, Darth Maul was one of the VERY FEW character's in the prequels that I wanted to see more of

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vZE1UM6xpjM
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's a big lightsaber

youtube.com/watch?v=vZE1UM6xpjM

I liked him but I wish they'd kept him dead.

>Darth Maul was one of the VERY FEW character's in the prequels that I wanted to see more of
Same, because he barely talked.

If only that hack fraud could contain himself and not cut away from the lightsaber battle and death of Liam Neeson every 5 seconds it would have been kino

Duel of the Fates is an absolute top tier soundtrack

He's popular because he appealed to edgy 13 year olds who grew up to be edgy manchildren.
There's no need to feel ashamed, there's whole division of psychology that's used to market towards target demographics.

Kek.

He only said two lines in the entire film I think.

How come it is okay to rag on the prequel's dialogue when the original trilogy's was pretty shitty too?

I dunno. While I personally don't find him appealing, I'd rather write his popularity up to:
>He was good because he didn't suck
>He didn't suck, because he didn't do anything, period

It's the Boba Fett effect. Throw in a character that does little to nothing, but looks main character-ish enough that people remember he was there.
Bam, he's memorable by proxy.

Same goes for most 80s or James Bond movie henchmen.

Because you're not allowed to hate the original trilogy (except Ewoks in Jedi).

If you're a fan of the Old Republic games, you'll probably have some attachment to Darth Maul because he feels more like a character from those games.

Then again, the Old Republic universe was literally just a conglomeration of all the visuals people liked from the prequels, so I guess that makes sense.

But I hate all of Star Wars!

I wished they had more him. To me, Dooku always seemed like an interesting sith.

>around the survivors, a perimeter create

>Do. Or do not. There is no try.

>"""""Equally shitty"""""

>new evil character doesn't speak, how do we make him real threatening, George?
>i dunno, make him look like a fucking demon straight from Hell or something
Subtle.

Why were his eyes not yellow?

because the original trilogy doesn't focus on it's shitty dialogue like its anything great

For you

>cherry pick two decent lines
>'the original trilogy didn't have bad dialog'

What did you mean by this?

I like him in the EU better despite the half body lulziness

in the movie he's just.. a snarling darth satan

the first one wasn't decent

yeah he looked pretty cool

what was his character, again?

Evil for evil's sake.

Kek, this. Although Star Wars was never subtle to begin with....

>Darth Vader
>the force
>dark side
>Skywalker, Solo, Mon Calamari etc.
>rescue the Princess in the white robe held in the black cell in the Death Star etc.

Actually it makes perfect sense for him to look like a demon. They even already had the alien that literally looks like the devil in the cantina, within the first hour of the first movie.

they revived him in the cartoons

>Darth Maul
>Being a """character""" when he speaks a couple lines at best and doesn't have any personality other that being >le double lightsaber man
SHIGGY DIGGY MY MAN

was there anyone who got btfo harder than Maul did by Sheev?

youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

There's a character named "Savage Opress"? Bravo George you retarded fucking hack

George was never good at names

I fucking hate Darth Maul, shitty character that they had to resurrect twenty times and insert him to every Star Wars medium. Out of all the great characters the universe has to offer people still want him. Holy fucking autists

Sheev Palpatine being a rare exception.

do you think he was originally supposed to live until episode iii, where he would fight the robot version of i hate sand

Everyone having boba fett armor is yet another retarded trend started by prequel canon

that was one of the worst, though

>everyone
Mandalor was a thing way before the Prequels were, user

Sheev was made up by some author after disney bought lucasfilm, not by Lucas

>what is clones wars
>what is rebels

nah, George wasn't exactly hurting for resources when making the PT and so I think that it's reasonable to assume that everything in those movies happened as intended