Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation
youtube.com/watch?v=D2PQL0hG0to
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>make shitty music
>call it "unpretentious and fun"
>get away with it

More like
>Have well developed awareness of musical theory, and decide to go against trends and well established tropes in music
>Make something alienating to the normal listener but an unique listening experience for anyone who seeks such music

you act lie making shitty music is akin to a bank robbery or something

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation

avant garde?
more like avant got a clue

Because it is

>is a dumb frogposter and likes shitty music like 6ix9ine
Gen Z fags are the absolute fucking worst.

>make shit
>call it music
>get away with it

HAAAAH

SCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

youtube.com/watch?v=D2PQL0hG0to

>shitpost
>call it ironic
>get away with it

well you do what rocks ur boat but in my opinion the best music is one that maximizes the complexity while being appealing to the untrained ear

your point being?

Why would anyone that is remotely far into music have anything to do with what's appealing to the untrained ear? Of course, not saying you can't enjoy catchy tunes, but music shouldn't have to compromise based off what the general public believes to be good music
What you stated needn't necessarily be applied to any music y'know

That's an important question you're asking, and the answer to me lies in the fact that since the most fundamental use value of art (imo) is to move somebody emotionally that is communicate something to someone. Now you if you look at it that way, it does seem logical that you would want to impact the biggest audience you can, to communicate your message to the biggest audience you can.

However if that's your only guide than you will soon start making shitty kitsch music that lasts shorter than a male virgin in bed. BUT, if you introduce as much complexity as you can your music will be fucking interesting to that part of the audience that actually fucking cares about music, and that listens to it in a more meticulous way. So that way you get the best of both worlds.

But of course at the end of the day it all boils down on doing whatever the fuck YOU want.

>never try anything our of the ordinary
>die after a boring, uninspired life

Best post since hell be fine

You but at least you're in the A V A N T C R E W

Impressive

stop stealing my thread

bump

gen z is great

I dont get the joke. feelsbadman.

They are, but 6ix9ine is still bad. It still eludes me as to how he got popular.