He was the best character of the movie and nearly redeemed it

He was the best character of the movie and nearly redeemed it.
This guy and the Spanish that were fucking based as well.

Also Stranger Tides was better than World's End and whatever the second one was called.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YIXR_gyUQRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a8ly5uGf2Vw
dictionary.com/browse/cliffhanger
youtube.com/watch?v=G3a4Y_YhWK0
youtu.be/DfkqKJohuTI?t=2m14s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah Stranger Tides was good. Pretty much what the franchise needed, a smaller stand alone adventure.

>Are we not King's men?

Based Barbosa

youtube.com/watch?v=YIXR_gyUQRQ

Stranger Tides was underrated.

Better than the second one? Prolly not

Davy Jones still remains as some of the best CGI ever done

He was ok but I don't know why they've had to use him in every fucking movie. In Stranger Tides it went to the extent of him over shadowing the actual villain.

When he lost his leg, his based-ness grew to compensate.

Can you really say that when he didn't believe any of it?

>Stranger Tides was good

It's not gettin' to the land of the dead that's the problem...

1 > 2 > 4 > 3

Only 1 has any rewatch value

Better CGI than Javier Bardem's Amazing Levitating Head? I think not.

Barbosa is the best thing in the whole franchise

Can't wait for the next one

I find that 2 and 3 are much better when you watch them back to back, like with the Matrix movies.

>tfw 3 is my favorite one

Not even trolling, I just enjoy it

And the thing is, Stranger Tides didn't really needed the "Le Evil Villain" , I could have worked with just Barbosa, the spaniards and Jack competing for who gets the fountain of youth first, pretty much what the movie did but with no Blackbeard side plot with his daughter, just old fashioned adventure

They are not stand alone works. 2 doesn't even have any kind of ending. It just stops midway thorough the story

he was GOAT pirate
youtube.com/watch?v=a8ly5uGf2Vw

Just like LotR. Pirates of the Caribbean is still one of most stylish, well done piece of entertainment Disney ever produced.

dictionary.com/browse/cliffhanger

youtube.com/watch?v=G3a4Y_YhWK0
Every time he spoke during that final battle he was good.

>dragging out a franchise to make money

this. even kiera didn't want to do anymore.

No

2>1>4>3

>2>1

TO NAIL YE GIZZARDS TO THE MASY YE POXY CURRRRR

1>4>2

>ONLY GOD CAN GRANT ETERNAL LIFE
>mfw

The first one maybe. Everything after was milking. Idk why people say stranger tides is worse than any other. They were all shameless sequels

This, I didn't expect the Spanish to win and destroy the pagan idol

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, pham

Agreed.

Not even the mermaid plot sucked and was nicely done. The Keira Knightley character and her """lovestory""" was just a clusterfuck by the second movie.

>childhood is idolizing Jack
>adulthood is realizing Barbossa makes more sense

The soundtrack to that scene is easily in my top ten for the decade

Geoffery Rush is the only reason I continue to have interest in this series.

What a fucking stupid scene

Stranger Tides was terrible.

Why call it a Pirate movie if it takes place entirely on land?

Only good thing was Ian Mcshane as Blackbeard, and even he was grossly underused.

2nd favourite trilogy

>trilogy
>5 movies

The slippery slope is real
>herp derp the first movie was good tho
>herp le derp the first and second movie were the only good ones
>HERP DERP the fourth one was good too
>OH GOD IM RETARDED I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE
underaged piratefaggots need to get the fuck off my board and the mods need to make /film/ before all of the people with taste go elsewhere

You're not getting it, is my guess. Have you watched any of the films?

>entirely on land

Here's your reply.

So you didn't even like the first one is what you are saying?

top 5

now

this

Hoвocти дня (1954, Dziga Vertov)
Berlin: Die Sinfonie der Großstadt (1927, Walter Ruttmann)
Symphonie diagonale (1924, Viking Eggeling)
Mulholland Dr. (2001, David Lynch)
Voskhozhdenie (1977, Larisa Shepitko)

2>1>3>4

3 was better because it had Davy Jones and Cutler Beckett, you know, actual villains?

>5 movies
What?

Theres a fifth one coming out

>tfw will never get a Davy Jones and Barbossa spin off movie

Davy Jones looked and acted fucking retarded. Unbearable like the rest of this shitfest.

>2>1

What the fuck? WHY?

>He was the best character of the movie and nearly redeemed it.

He was pointless and made the movie more convoluted than it needed to be.

>the Spanish

They had like five minutes of screentime, and again, they muddled up the movie.

>Stranger Tides was better than World's End and whatever the second one was called.

Fuck no. Stranger Tides was a joyless tedious mess. The second and third movies at least had some entertaining moments here and there, Stranger Tides had exactly one good moment and it was right at the end.

If Dead Men Tell No Tales is anything like On Stranger Tides then god help us all.

He looked creepy, and unlike his minions, the CGI worked well, and was additionally well done. He was very expressive. His concept and dialogue were interesting, and his voice talent did an absolutely fantastic job.

He is the only memorable aspect of movie 2, aside from, maybe, Cutler Becket.

>Also Stranger Tides was better than World's End and whatever the second one was called.
As far as I see it, the 4th one doesn't exist.

>Stranger Tides had exactly one good moment and it was right at the end.

When chikiepoo kissed Jack? You can't possibly mean this, right?

The best part was Davy Jones' intro scene.

"Do you fear death?"

You're confusing 2 and 4.

Same, that movie is embarrassing.

Rewatch it. It has its moments and sure as fuck less cringe than 2 and 3 had.

And you are just fucking retarded.

Not an argument + I have watched the movie multiple times.

Hell you could have had Blackbeards daughter simply as his love interest without Blackbeard and it would have been fine

now i have to search for this pic fuck user

No I am not, my friend. Davy Jones' intro was movie #2.

>cringe
care to quantify?

>and sure as fuck less cringe than 2 and 3 had.
I've watched the first three plenty of times and I don't remember anything that was "cringe". I watched 4 once and it felt off, like it was only made for the easy cash.

The tits are heavily shopped. Trust me, I went and checked the original. You're not missing what it is your little head is mindlessly compelling you to seek.

You are retarded, objective ranking of the Pirates
1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This.

>Defending Hobbit-tier shit like this

youtu.be/DfkqKJohuTI?t=2m14s

Also add every scene with Keira Knightley and the scene where Jack escapes the canibals while tied to a pole.
Autists.

There ya go

On Stranger Tides is the fourth movie (which is what I and this thread are referring to), Dead Man's Chest is the second movie (which is what you are referring to).

wtf i taught she was nude

fuck this shit

I don't see anything wrong with this

You misunderstand user. It's not that 2 or (especially) 3 are amazing, it's that 4 managed to be even worse.

How old are you?

Spoonfeeding cocksucking asslicking faggot nigger

Name a cringeworthy and/or ridiculous scene from 4.

Start at 2:14

Get fucked.

I'm asking your age because I wouldn't be surprised if you were 16-18.

>16-18
I'm not the one who's having some sort of childhood nostalgia blinding me concerning 2 and 3. If anything I suspect you're the kid here.

>The entire 5 minute escape sequence with Jack at the beginning

Are you fucking stupid? That scene was objectively one of the entertaining of all the movies.

I watched it yesterday. It didn't really.

Be honest, you watched 4 first, then saw 1-3, and now you're here spewing shit about how bad they were despite the first three being better in every way.

It wasn't "bad," strictly speaking, but when I watched it the first time, I definitely noticed that it was serving the primary purpose of filling up time for lack of plot and character. My primary experience was disappointment.

>Arguing that 3 > 4 or 4 > 3.

Why? What difference does it make? They were both mediocre at best. Maybe you could argue 4 had a more carefully put together plot structure.

There's no reason for 4 to exist, 3 had a purpose.

Jack jumping around in London.
Every single scene with that insufferable holier-than-thou guy in it.
Any scene with Barbossa because his costume was awful, such a downgrade.

And it's not just that there's cringeworthy scenes, it's that there's a distinct lack of fun. 3 is a complete clusterfuck and I will not pretend that it's a great movie, but at least there is the occasional good moment. I've struggle to find good moments in 4, the movie is a slog. There are like one or two at most. There are too many competing plotlines, the villain sucks, Jack doesn't work as the main character, the new characters are insufferable, the action is forgettable, the setting sucks, the direction and cinematography are bland, I could go on. 3 was at least a pay-off of 2, 4 might as well not exist.

>That scene was objectively one of the entertaining of all the movies.
I can't tell if you're joking.

I'll take that over Jack Sparrow being a fucking cartoon character when he's tied to that pole any time.

Are you retarded? 3 Was a pile of shit.

They both exist for the same purpose.

When was the last time you saw 4? Rewatch it. It's not half as bad as you remember it.

>Any scene with Barbossa

>Not enjoying Barbosa as a disgusting privateer.

Get some taste.

The only film I've seen to make the Spanish look based as fuck.

I will continue to watch all Pirates movies every year and I will continue to like them and there's not a single fucking thing any of you can do about that

>Jack doesn't work as the main character

He was a problem in 2 and 3 for a similar reason, too. He was a cartoony parody of the actual character he had in 1.

>3 was at least a pay-off of 2

What a retarded point to make and you probably don't even realize it.
4 was at least a stand alone film.

You can't just keep saying that and expect to convince me, I have seen the movie multiple times.

I will stick to my 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 ranking. Tell you what, just for you, the next time I watch the series I'll autistically examine 4 scene by scene and explain to you in detail why it's awful.

Like I said, he's too much of a downgrade. He is GOAT in the first movie, was pointlessly brought back for the third movie, and is a shadow of his former self in the fourth movie. He should have stayed dead.

I don't disagree.

The movie is meant to be a fun silly some what family friendly adventure not serious like lotr