This was oscar bait if I've ever seen one

This was oscar bait if I've ever seen one.

It's so dishonest and stone can't act

the whole thing just felt a bit dishonest to me

Yea that bug eyed bitch looking ass pepe looking mother fucker ruined the movie

why couldn't they cast a prettier girl

It's not Oscarbait because it makes Hollywood look bad and it has nothing to do with the holocaust or slavery

This. These memes are getting weak.

Redpill me on dishonest meme.

For you my friend
Dishonest Filmmaking:
(Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

But it makes hollywood look like a magical, colorful dreamland full of nostalgia where everyone can succeed if they just never give up. It's unrealistically positive.

It's like the very beginning of Mulholland Drive stretched into a whole movie

Can someone please explain to me dishonest? I actually thought this movie was really good. A little oscar-baitey, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

No it doesn't. It's a movie trying to bring life back into jazz. Besides, old Hollywood was better anyways.

is anything about this meme true?

>These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Tarantino, Wes Anderson, and Paul Thomas Anderson are being taught in film school as of now. This whole "dishonest filmmaking" meme only applies to a select few directors. Tarantino and many of the others listed have unique styles, while paying homage to older directors.

it's like the people who made the film know "yeah, this is bullshit, life isn't like this at all, this is basically a live action disney film, it will be another musical forgotten in a few years, but fug it, people will like it, it will sell, it will get awards so who cares"

>homage
Hackjob

I'm getting gayer by the second watching this.

>no jamaal, you be trippin

I'm surprised the academy would even consider this with such blatant racism.

Chazelle did cast best emma originally but she dropped out because it was terribly written and basic

Just came back from it and I am pretty blown away. The lackluster shmoozy story is just a ploy for pure A E S T H E T I C S

She dropped out to explore the emotional depth of Belle in beauty in the beast