20's

What do you think is gonna be popular in the 20's? (Pic unrelated)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GtOngOaClgU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The 2020’s? Well, for starts, rock would probably come back in some form or another due to how brute-forced hip-hop culture is in the 2010’s.

digits starting with 202

This times ten, last 30 years have been fucking hip hop, don't get me wrong some of it is top tier shit but it think the masses will get bored.

Rock or some style of it, tend to take a break every other decade, for e.g. 80s was filled with rock bands, 90s had a revival of alternative rock scenes but mainly pop and hip hop centered, 00's had a huge emergence of popular rock bands, 10s were pretty baron as far as the pop world, still a lot of good alternative artists.

nuclear war

Indie music:
You are either a king kruel rip off, a mac demarco rip off, or even a car seat headrest rip off

Electronic music:
EDM is fucking dead and seen as a relic of the 2010's and cringe as fuck. Electronic music goes back to its underground rave, dirty basement roots but does not enjoy the mainstream success it did in 2010

Rap: Everyone is fucking sick and tired of some dumb faggot with tattos on his face singing over the same trap beat. There is a revolt of the boom bap and a revival of lyrical rap over 24/7 lofi chill hip hop beats. There is a underground of experimental rap that experiments by rapping on weird shit like shoegaze, indie, noise, avante garde music, dream pop, etc. A lot of the rappers from that movement are gay or really annoying in a morrisy type of way.

Metal: "lol who cares what normies think" also post metal, art metal, hipster metal, dance metal. lot of head banging at the art museum

Rock: a new wave of traditional rock bands appear that are decent but pretty much rip off classic rock like zepplin, the doors, pink floyd. After they relase some albums they take those classic sounds and start doing fucked up things with them like mixing them with modern production, rap, synths, auto tune, and pop

Folk: Folk breaks out of its cynical gen x hipster inward gaze and becomes politcal and outward looking again. Bob dylan releases one last album before he croaks and passes the torch to the young generation.

Me

fuck you its me

>2000's revivalism begins (god save us all)
>some sort of insanely high tempo music will emerge to appease the kids who grew up with Overwatch and have severe ADD
>some band is going to set a trend of each member of the band 'playing a character', who each get their own story arcs through a series of musical episodes in an attempt to challenge the album format
>this is going to be done to death

those are my honest predictions

Gabber is the future

its gonna be like the 60s again, another psychedelic era triggered by tame impala, its gonna be similar to the 90s too due to people finding nostalgia in that decade.

>2000’s revivalism
>nu-nu-metal

disco

British: The brits get out of their 2010's decline and combine phil collins, inxs, and prince to create a weird new funk, pop and pop rock scene. Folk punk declines in america but its spirit moves across the pond. Noel Gallagher gets rebranded as middle aged ed sherran and is enjoyed by middle aged british wine moms

this

I'm hoping for this one

Psychedelic grunge? We can only hope

It'll all be nig hop, music made by non-POCs will be outlawed

Idk I feel like the 90s and 00s were kinda dominated by alternative rock, indie rock, and electronic. The 10s have kinda been the first completely rap dominated decade.

Needless to say I still think the public will get bored of it by 2020 and some form of rock will become the dominating genre again.

the late 90's and early 2000's was actually a big peak for rap.

New age instrumentation combining eastern and western styles and influences celebrating the godly nuances of the chromatic scale after the forces of good destroy the forces of evil after a titanic war between the angels and demons of the Earth

Post-ironic revival of 2000s emo

Kpop will take over all mainstream music.

It would be cool to see metal go mainstream again. I would picture it would be some sort of fusion of metal and dance music, or electronic music. And it would make metal heads tear their hair out.

It would be neat to see sort of a metal version of the madchester scene. Like a metal happy mondays or stone roses.

Folk punk will eat a rare candy and evolve into heartland punk.

Interpol

Ensemble singing, like groups made of choirs.
"A-pop," which is American groups imitating K-pop.
White bands with dancehall influences.

I'm absolutely afraid of what is going to happen to indie. Its going to suck ass

america already has a tradition of boy bands and doesnt need to rip off a bunch of gooks that are already ripping off american music.

Boy bands will come back but they will rap.

Backstreet boys and nsync but rapping too

Yeah this
My only fear is that I genuinely have no clue how long trap can grab the billboards' attention for

>blocks both your paths
nothing personnel, kids

this seems very possible

Art trap a la The Life of Pablo

>Boy bands will come back but they will rap.
>brockhampton
>odd future
>implying this isn't already happening

no one considers those boy bands.

off future was more like wu tang clan for hipster dip shits.

brockhampton can claim to be a boy band but no one willl ever buy it.

Too ugly.

A boy band has to be young, cute, and appeal to teen girls.

Im talking nsync or even the jackson five.

but rapping

This could actually happen. It’s possible that at least one music industry big-wig has seen the immense success of gigantic idol groups in both South Korea and Japan, and would attempt to bring the concept over to the west. How well it would turn out, I have no idea.

gay

he's got a point boys

Jesus, the 2010s were the fastest decade yet. I remember pondering this same question in 2008-2009.

Yeah, that seems plausible. I mean, it's happening a little with with reggaeton in Latin America:
youtube.com/watch?v=GtOngOaClgU

reaction videos of reaction videos

Jazz harmony will make a comeback in popular music as the twinkle offset fender artists embrace not just borrowing extended chords but actual jazz harmony

>Implying this isn't already happening

Creatively, maybe, but radio waves were still dominated by alt rock, contemporary, and pop.
I actually think rock won't make a comeback til 2025+, I'm guessing it'll be something like EDM mixed with arena rock anthems.

What will the 10s even be remembered for? Dubstep and Rap?

More 80's revival shit. New music has been discontinued indefinitely and every decade is now the eighties.