/BOOMBOX/

Not sure if I should ask this here or Sup Forums. Can Sup Forums recommend me a boombox that fits this criteria?

>less than $100
>great sound/bass quality
>not obnoxious looking (no crazy colors and buttons all over the place, think pic related)
>durable long-term

If anybody here actually owns a boombox that they could recommend, I’d be happy to hear it. I’m starting a CD collection because I have a soft spot for them and need a good, affordable boombox that’ll last me years to come.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ION-Rocker-Portable-Speaker-System/dp/B004YHTNV2/
amazon.com/TDK-Record-77000015402-2-Speaker-Boombox/dp/B004I44EXI
ebay.com/itm/Lasonic-TRC-920-Boombox/162927404970?hash=item25ef3ae7aa:g:6ioAAOSwZWpamhyf
amazon.com/Sony-ZSSN10PS-PSYC-Boombox-Black/dp/B0007Y6AQ2
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649416556-pioneer-sa7100-integrated-amplifier/
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649412850-1996-kenwood-krv8080-powerful-225lb-receiver-w-phono-input-turntable-ready/
canuckaudiomart.com/details/649419582-nice-yamaha-perfectly-matched-set-amp-and-tuner-all-working-but-please-read-detailsbelow/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can get one which will work perfectly fine for $10 at Goodwill.

I don’t want a used boombox dude. The point of my CD collection is to preserve them, not turn them into Swiss cheese by throwing them in some beat up piece of shit.

Also very open to boomboxes that look like this

You want new gear that looks like old gear to preserve your outdated medium?

unironically buy one just based on how it looks and feels and if it has all the features you need

Yeah faggot you got a problem? Move on if you don’t like it

the fuck are you even trying to accomplish?

Dude this isn’t rocket science. I like CDs. Moreso than records. I want the boombox I buy to be a good investment. Am I getting through to you?

>I like CDs.
Rip them. Don't play them. Especially if you wanna preserve your collection.
>I want the boombox I buy to be a good investment.
Find the most high-tech retro stuff from the coolest brand you can afford.
Am I getting through to you?
Yeah. You are autistic. Gotcha.

I understand what you’re saying about ripping them instead of playing them, but half of why I want my investment to be a good one is because I want to make sure the thing isn’t going to leave scratches all over them if I do decide to throw one in and play it.
>I’m autistic
Why exactly? Because I have interest in a medium that’s now outdated? I’m failing to see what’s so retarded/“autistic” about this. Half of you fags on here collect vinyls that are hundreds of dollars and the other half of you jerk it over FLAC, and I’m the autistic one? Don’t get me started

>I understand what you’re saying about ripping them instead of playing them, but half of why I want my investment to be a good one is because I want to make sure the thing isn’t going to leave scratches all over them if I do decide to throw one in and play it.
Why buy a boombox then? Better invest into something more modular. It's not like you are going to carry it around, are you?
>Why exactly?
Well for starters you want to buy a "boombox" as an investment.

Boomboxes and CDs interest me a lot, and honestly I couldn’t fully tell you why. I like the way they look, the pop-in-and-play aspect of them, the way you can place them anywhere, how inexpensive CDs are, and plenty of other reasons. No, I won’t be carrying it with me anywhere that isn’t my porch or the beach. That doesn’t make carrying my phone and JBL clip everywhere else any more appealing though. I also like using my phone as little as I can, because we DID function without these fucking things less than a decade ago.
>it’s still autistic tho lol
Alright dude but WHY? This sounds like an issue on your end and you still haven’t answered the question with a straightforward answer. You seem to think the idea is autistic without having any reasoning and that’s just stupid

Every single boombox that you can buy new currently is a really cheaply made plastic mess that isn't reliable in the slightest, if you are seriously interested in playing your CDs and are afraid of getting them scratched buy an older high end CD player of craigslist/ebay and skip the boombox alltogether.
Any market for a quality portable player like what you want died at the launch of the ipod.

>Boomboxes and CDs interest me a lot, and honestly I couldn’t fully tell you why.
hey, chill, I buy CDs of stuff I can't get digitally. It's just that I'm a huge nerd with own home server and lots of synced devices and such so I simply prefer my FLACs over plastic.
>No, I won’t be carrying it with me anywhere that isn’t my porch or the beach.
Fair enough. But I would still play it safe and just get some ultra cool retro boombox and feed it over aux or something.
>Alright dude but WHY?
You are on Sup Forums. "Autistic" is not necessary an insult.

this is the worst thread ever

>buy an older high end CD player of craigslist/ebay and skip the boombox alltogethe
I suggested this and he said it'd 'turn them into Swiss cheese by throwing them in some beat up piece of shit'

You probably just need a good Hi Fi in your life. These things are everywhere, because people have had them since the 90s and not touched them. I even play my vinyl through my Hi Fi, can't be doing with some elaborate computer set up.

get an amplifier and a dedicated cd changer if you're serious

boombox will never be as good

Even though you guys were bullies I appreciate the advice especially regarding amplifiers. Didn’t consider that

>just looked at amplifier prices
Nevermind. Jesus fucking Christ guys, what are you thinking

This. I mean, hell you could just get a decent shelf system with a cd player built in and it will sound great. I've been using the pictured system for almost 15 years now and love it. Still runs CDs just fine and has an aux input for everything else.

And that's why you buy used audiophile tier gear from the 80s and 90s.

Honestly, a boombox? There's no scenario here where you don't end up with a piece of shit.

Holy fucking shit dude you are so fucking dumb. Go buy a new piece of shit boombox that will sound like asshole.

>All these autists getting mad at someone enjoying something

I don't think I'd use a boombox, but Sony makes just fine ones, not S-tier but like B maybe.

This is a great one but not as standard/retro design
amazon.com/ION-Rocker-Portable-Speaker-System/dp/B004YHTNV2/

Pricey and not SUPER standard design
amazon.com/TDK-Record-77000015402-2-Speaker-Boombox/dp/B004I44EXI

ebay.com/itm/Lasonic-TRC-920-Boombox/162927404970?hash=item25ef3ae7aa:g:6ioAAOSwZWpamhyf

>being so autistic you can't process why people are rightfully pointing out the OP is a retard

I can process that you're being elitist.
He clearly doesn't care about the same things you do, he likes the aesthetic of a boombox, and also wants a nice one that won't fuck up his CDs.
People have much shittier interests than that (cough cassettes cough)

>being so severely autistic you think mocking an idiot for wanting shit hifi is elitist

How fucking poor are you?

I have a 4TB flac music collection played through a ~$2000 speaker setup (connected to both $800 turntable and my ~$1600 computer)

Guess what, not everyone is into the same shit.
I have a job and live with my mommy, I GOT LOTS OF DISPOSABLE INCOME YA CUNT.

> live with mommy
> calls someone else a cunt
> AUTISM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDES, I THINK THIS IS THE DUDE FROM THE HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE THREAD

Go hit up some thrift stores. I see decent older boom boxes in great shape every time I go to Goodwill.

I can’t thank you enough for being the only voice of reason in the thread. I, unlike you, do not live with my parents and don’t have a ton of disposable income. No judgment passed on my part, I’m jealous of your rent-free situation and disposable income. Enjoy it while you can man. I’m glad you understand that I just want a decent ass system that’ll allow me to play my fuckin tunes throughout my apartment at a reasonable price. I COULD just load up YouTube or iTunes, but those aren’t where my interests lie

That's just straight-up ignorant, man. Older units were made during the height of their technology, they're not going to damage your CDs.

I’ll be sure to check my options at nearby thrift stores. Didn’t really consider that older models will be better built than more recent ones

Heard you were talking shit

Clover is fucking autistic

>bragging about this entry level shit!

Cry harder, you pathetic, impoverished mummies boy.

amazon.com/Sony-ZSSN10PS-PSYC-Boombox-Black/dp/B0007Y6AQ2

I still have this guy. Purchased it in the mid 2000's when i was a young ass teenager with no idea about sound quality or anything. It survived university, and a move across the country. Works amazing, sounds amazing, still using it daily after all these years, never had a single problem with it ever.

Ignore the bad reviews in the link. I've literally never had even one of the problems with it that those retards are complaining about.

Just save some more money dude, vintage stuff can be had just outside your budget.

canuckaudiomart.com/details/649416556-pioneer-sa7100-integrated-amplifier/

canuckaudiomart.com/details/649412850-1996-kenwood-krv8080-powerful-225lb-receiver-w-phono-input-turntable-ready/

canuckaudiomart.com/details/649419582-nice-yamaha-perfectly-matched-set-amp-and-tuner-all-working-but-please-read-detailsbelow/