What's the appeal of noise?

What's the appeal of noise?
Why listen to something incredibly abrasive and seemingly devoid of structure?
Genuinely curious

Other urls found in this thread:

artype.de/Sammlung/pdf/russolo_noise.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good question, beats me

Morrissey's face annoys me

To appear smarter than you are
No actually enjoys it

I get the same thoughts about Morrissey too, user.

I don't like random noise for the sake of noise but noise and lack of structure and abrasiveness can be very effective
The velvet underground spring to mind

>anti-soy genre post
>posts soy musician

Objectively speaking, mental illness. There's no reason a human should be attracted to noise in the sense we're talking.

Modern noise music is an extension of the futurist tradition of music. It attempts to explore timbre as an abstraction of music

Not an argument.

But VU songs have structure i'm talking more Metal Machine Music type stuff

Correct, it was indeed a statement of fact.

>i dun liek thing
>therefore no one likes it and must mental illness xD
nice right wing logic. go back to

>fact
[citation needed]

It's cathartic, it's ugly, it's abrasive, it's the logical conclusion to music, or life, for that matter.

Anyone here jam to literal white/pink/brown noise?

Doesn't have to be random and devoid of structure. When used tastefully, it can be enjoyed like spice in food.

The ending of My Bloody Valentine's Cupid Come is a good example of noise being utilized to add flare to the climax/release of an extremely tense build-up.

Listen to Tim Hecker's Virgins. Then stop asking so many questions.

Soyboys hate Morrissey

It helps me study

artype.de/Sammlung/pdf/russolo_noise.pdf

Harsh noise is shit because its impossible to be wowed by how extreme something is for 56 minutes. Music like pic related proves that free improv does noise better than the actual genre because noise, taken as a whole, is not very creative and is almost devoid of tension and build up.

sometimes i just like something just because. i dont have to explain why i do, it just is

figures an idubbz poster would ask this

When it feels right it just feels so right