La La Land is overrated

La La Land is overrated.

Okay, but what's your criticism?

Creative, engaging visuals
Mostly flat characters
Boring story
Forgettable music
YO BUT DAT ENDING WITH DAT SURREAL SHIT
I enjoyed it overall, but not that much.

6.5/10

Incredibly dull story and characters, bland music besides Sea of Stars. Pointlessly nostalgic and self-masturbatory. It looked very nice though.

WRONG

You wanna elaborate, fucko?

Not only that its garbage. Stone is overrated and reddits choice with flicks like superbad, spiderman, zombieland easy a, movie 43 and birdman under her belt

>it looked very nice though
i have not finished watching it yet so i cant give my opinion on th story but i agree with you on that

>SURREAL SHIT
>what if dream sequence
How is that even surreal

Starts great, the middle is a bit weaker but you feel like a big drama is coming, so that's fine. Then no drama actually happens, the end. Not a very honest film tbqh desu.

Dishonarbru

>musical
Into the trash it goes

Exactly my feeling, grandiose beginning, and then the "FALL"

I wanted to watch this, but Sup Forums has collectively been saying that this movie is absolute garbage, but why is that?

And i'd like to hear more than just "dumb characters, bad cinematography", like actual details on what was bad, like editing the film in specific ways etc.

it's a dishonest rating

>Sup Forums has collectively been saying that this movie is absolute garbage, but why is that?
contrarianism

it's the same people who say that BvS was "kino"

You're trying too hard

I went into it completely blind and really enjoyed it. It's a solid film. Also, saying that it had bad cinematography is just laughable.

Dishonest movie for homosexuals.

Nobody is insulting the cinematography, and criticisms of the plot (by far the flick's weakest element) won't make sense unless you watch it.

>Dishonest movie for homosexuals.
Meme

it's just a bunch of masturbatory romantic garbage, done a thousand times

nah, ma8. cinematrography is the best part. all the technical stuff is great. its the characters that make it lame.

Just stupid Armond and Korinefag drones, it's a great movie

It's horseshit.

Not him but watch more films the cinemstography is basic and dull

The plot is not supposed to be original; it's a throwback.

Its ok assuming you're white and not against white culture/

It's not that it's unoriginal. it's that it's boring. but plot doesn't matter in any movie. so long as the characters are well-written, plot shouldn't matter. it's boring because the characters are boring.

It's dishonest and I know why chazelles choice dropped it. Just forgettable hamfisted schlock

I'm being serious.

Actually, film in general is more about execution than originality, given that it is a visual medium.

I think Hollywood is just excited by the prospect of a semi-decent contemporary musical.

>Not him but watch more films the cinemstography is basic and dull

Objectively wrong.

no u

See
Its shit and you have terrible easily impressionable pleb sheep taste

>dishonest

Wow this meme sure took off on here

Nope you have shit tier taste kiddo. It looks bland and uninspiring.

>meme

>MEME

It is always the case. We here on Sup Forums suck major pump.

No, it's a fine film. Even if you didn't like it, dismissing it as complete shit is ridiculous, and exposes you for the contrarian that you are.

>meme
Dishonest Filmmaking:
(Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

>film is a visual medium
This is the exact attitude why modern flicks suck.

I loved it

Like i said, it's a meme, and even if it weren't

>Terrence Malick
>not fitting the definition of dishonest filmmaking

He literally makes the same masturbatory crap over and over again. You could literally call every film maker dishonest if you distort the facts enough, stupid meme poster

goo goo ga ga

GOO GOO

I'll take it one step further then.

LITERATURE is more about execution than originality.

It's applied to LLL more than any other film, for what it's worth.

ga ga goo goo?

GA GA

goo ga goo ga

GOO GA

>Surreal
Low IQ detected

It was shit. Most musicals are hot garbage but this was a special kind of turd.

ga goo ga goo

GA GOO

It was mediocre from cinemascope through the end.

Don't worry I'm sure the next Shane Carruth flick will make you feel beter lmao

gao go gao go

GAO GO

But Shane Caruth is poop

goa ga goa ga

GOA GA

>surreal
it was a dream/imagination it was intentionally unrealistic

It fails at that when they try to be original, forcing conflict when there were none.

aog ag aog ag

AOG AG

What did he mean by this?

oag og oag og

OAG OG

>I'm running out...

Actually, that part was pretty cliche.

I guess I didn't make it clear. That was the best scene in the movie.

GAAAA GAAAA GOOO

oog oog ag ag

OOG OOG

dumb anti-korinefagposter

I hate this mentality so much. Challenging the status quo is a good thing, particularly when it elects a movie like La La Land as a great piece of art. Do you remember that absolute trash like Forrest Gump and Titanic were similarly beloved and huge awards winners in their respective moments? La La Land isn't any better than either of those movies. What plebs don't understand is that it's relatively common for a fundamentally bad movie to be beloved by a lot of people. The reason for that is that few people have a genuine interest in film and thus are easily satisfied. What is especially telling about the La La love is how many people start their comments with "I don't really like musicals..." or "I haven't seen many musicals...", following up with "...but I loved La La Land!"

It's a movie for people who have little interest in film or musicals. They just want easy eye candy. It's soulless.

i thought it was great, loved the classic look and feel, songs were pretty great, acting was great, costumes and sets were great, there was humour and sadness, whats not to like really ?

MILK
THE
CUNT

Crashing this thread, with no survivors.

ag ag oog oog

AG AG

Is this a copypasta or did you really take the time to type out that meaningless bullshit?

It's my personal 10/10.
The only flaw I could find is plot was too similar to cafe society. Funny no one is mentioning that.
But since this is a musical - that doesn't matter really. And music was great.

It's not that people are against challenging the status quo, but that most of them aren't offering any real criticism of the movie.

what the fuck are you on about m8 ?

ok contraiancucks tell me what was the better film of 2016?

oog ag oog ag

OOG AG

gaga googag goo ga aggaad

GAGA GOOGAG

He's (ME I AM) implying that you're all children.

So was the arrival

What are you trying to say?

gag gao googa

OGA GO

For discussing a movie on Sup Forums? Do you know where the fuck you are?

ƃɐƃɐ ƃooƃɐƃ ƃoo ƃɐ ɐƃƃɐɐp

ƃɐƃɐ ƃooƃɐƃ

The only similarity between the two is the swimming pool

goga agaggago

gaGAGOga

He's having an autistic outburst because some people didn't like his meme flick

OG AGO

agoog oag gag

agOGAGag

ogaggaga agog

kcilf emem sih ekil t'ndid elpoep emos esuaceb tsrubtuo citsitua na gnivah s'eH

>Look at how dumb you have become

This year sucked ass for movies, but I'd take Arrival, Moonlight or Hell or High Water over La La Land.

AG AGAGAG
O
ogagaogagoaggggggg
AAAGGGOgGA

AGgOGGGAAA
gggggggaogagoagago
O
GAGAGA GA

It was a great year for movies if you weren't a pleb

see:

Manchester-by-the-Sea
Aquarius