Why did Spanish settlers have to chimp out and genocide the Meso-Americans?

Why did Spanish settlers have to chimp out and genocide the Meso-Americans?

I learned about the Aztec civilization in high school and recently I've been reading books and studying Mayan/Inca/ cultures over the past few months and they were really a beautiful group of people. It makes me sad because they'll never return to their old ways. I usually don't have sympathy for minorities like abos complaining about "muh culture" when they do nothing to help themselves, but South Americans simply can't rebuild because of how devastated they were by Spanish rule. Fuck wh*Tes

>"beautiful"
kek

>genocide
>Meso-Americans

Most of the killing was done by smallpox in Mexico. Meso America was so populated that the Spanish couldn't really kill them all unless they tried, and they didn't because they needed the natives as peasants to work their land.

It's true that they won't go back to their old ways, but one look at the modern day populations of Mexico and Central America and it's easy to tell that they never left. The average Mexican/Central American is a light-skinned Mestizo with plenty of full-blooded Indians still around. Also, considering the fact that the Aztecs were an empire that literally ran on blood, maybe going back to their old ways isn't the best idea (This isn't to justify or mitigate the brutality of the Spanish conquest mind you)

If you want to talk about genocide the Caribbean is a better example, the Spanish litterally raped/enslaved the local island populations into extinction. The average Caribbean beaner's DNA is less than one percent Native American.

It is what it is. The Mayans and those other fucks were fairly smart when you compare them to the other natives in America. Anglos and Spaniards were violent as fuck though

i know right?

I don't see nothing wrong????

>"Dude! They were violet so it's okay to wipe them out and destroy their culture ayy lmao!
Fuck off.

t. We wuz Aztecs n shieeeett

Smallpox is to blame

Spaniards did nothing wrong but leave churches and beautiful architecture, and let's not forget the precious Spanish language

iktf... the incan empire had progressed so much within the 100 years it existed, had the europeans not made contact for another century or two and disease not been a factor, we could have lived in the timeline where the europeans were met with a formidable foe in south america.

(You)

> "(This isn't to justify or mitigate the brutality of the Spanish conquest mind you)"

>Australian reading comprehension

no...

A lot of things hindered them like Aztec soldiers looking to capture enemies alive instead of kill them or Incan soldiers using swords made of glass (they were really sharp but they'd break easy) but I'd still argue that without diseases they could have defeated any individual Western kingdom back then (the Romans would have probably BTFO'd them desu)

>Says the ausie of British descent
Pretty much no one of British descent has room to speak when it comes to conquest and genocide. Just saying.

>If you want to talk about genocide the Caribbean is a better example

True, but I seem to remember the figures of native DNA in the DR and Puerto Rico to be around 15-20%ish. Most of the population of these islands are descendants of Spaniards mixed with natives (mestizos) who then mixed with Africans. The amount of native DNA is higher in rural areas (at least where Im from). Also in these rural areas, people have a lot of customs, idioms, traditions and beliefs that are undoutebly derived from the natives. Its a shame most of us city folk dismiss this culture as "backwards"...

Still I don't deny the fact that the native population of at least my country was exterminated, mostly because of forced labor and foreign diseases. Chronicles of the time also tell that native women would abort or kill their newborn babies so they wouldnt be enslaved, so there wasnt any generational replacement.

There were some native rebellions too, but they were given the Tywin Lannister treatment...

Abos aren't the same as Meso-Americans you dumb Amerilard

The Spaniards didn't genocide us, there's still a lot of us. Spaniards are too lazy to follow through with anything, don't you keep up with the stereotypes?

The Aztec were also kind of a death cult and was more of a union of kingdoms then an ethnicity. They were largely composed of Nahuan people. There are still literally millions of Nahuas in central Mexico farming corn, manufacturing Volkswagens and being hipsters in Mexico City. There are about 8-20 million Maya still, and unknown millions of Mestizos have high amounts of Maya blood.

>spaniards raped, enslaved, then killed this

>to produce this

The Spaniards don't exterminate them. The new diseases and another tribes destroyed them.

The astecas had control over several local minors tribes, they abuse and used these people as slaves and human sacrifice. The spaniards won the principals battles (of course. Obsidian weapons agaist metal armors and horses? They never had a real chance.) and after a rendition they stopped, but the minors tribes previously under the astec rule don't want to stop because they feared them.

>le comparing a young woman with a middle aged woman
Why do people do this?