Is there a more boring director working in Hollywood today? What a flare-less, talent-less hack

Is there a more boring director working in Hollywood today? What a flare-less, talent-less hack.

Forgot to take your autism medicine again?

Most overrated director in history, followed closely by Hitchcock.
None of his movies have ever been artistically relevant, and yet he's considered to be among the best.
Hollywood is a joke.

He's made nothing but schmaltzy Oscar bait pandering garbage since SPR

t. Jonathan Norman

JJ Abrams has more flares than him.

Wrong, he has made a bunch of blockbusters since Saving Private Ryan. Although Minority Report is the only one that's good.

>None of his movies have ever been artistically relevant
Care to elaborate with an in-depth analytical essay of his entire filmography?

Pleb tier opinion. Spielberg is a master formalist and classicist with an extraordinary talent for mise-en-scene and most of the directors working in Hollywood could never even hope to be on his level. Ford's spiritual successor.

MInority Report wouldnhave been good with any director due to Tom Cruise.

He's made a bunch of genre movies since then, including AI, which is maybe his best.

Scorsese has been BTFO'ing Spielberg for a while now.

Ron Howard, George Clooney, David O'Russel, JJ Abrams, and Joss Whedon are all far worse than him.

>flare-less

>Hitchcock
>overrated

He's currently doing better than all of his 70s Hollywood contemporaries except for Scorsese and Friedkin. Coppola hasn't made a noteworthy film since The Rainmaker, De Palma went spiraling downhill after Mission Impossible, Lucas lost his mind, Lynch hasn't made a film in over a decade, Carpenter is semi-retired and hasn't made a good film since In the Mouth of Madness, and everyone else is either totally irrelevant or dead.

Shit, I forgot Malick. He's alive and relevant.

shiendlers list
saving private ryan
empire of the sun
the goonies

the list goes on

1/10 made me reply

>The Goonies
user, Spielberg didn't direct that film. He just came up with the basic story and served as an exec producer.

You're right except that DePalma is still pretty great and Carpenter never made a bad film.

>shiendlers list
Never heard of it

>saving private ryan
It's a shitty Oscar baiting war movie and is therefore artistically bankrupt

>empire of the sun
It's a shitty Oscar baiting war movie and is therefore artistically bankrupt

>the goonies
Never seen it, but it's a fucking kids film

>Carpenter is semi-retired and hasn't made a good film since In the Mouth of Madness
I thought Cigarette Burns was alright. But that was an episode in a TV show, so that probably doesn't count.

Jurassic Park.

>I can't spell but still think myself better than Spielbergo

Fuck him.
He ruined Star Trek and went on to ruin Star Wars, too.
Also i hate his fucking hair.

Even pic related could have done better.

>I can't contribute anything to it but i still consider myself part of the discussion
Never reply to one of my threads ever again

I highly agree, but he did make a few good movies (or movies that I like)
- Empire of the Sun
- Close Encounters
- Duel
- Raiders
- Jurassic Park

After that though, he totally went to shit
Schindler's List is fucking trash, Saving Private Ryan is bad, those really bad *generic war movies* he made after that are all really bad.

>went on to ruin Star Wars, too.
Lucas ruined Star Wars over a decade before J.J. went near it.
>Even pic related could have done better.
Nah, AOTC and TPM are far worse than TFA.

>It's a shitty Oscar baiting war movie and is therefore artistically bankrupt

>Never seen it, but it's a fucking kids film

the level of retardation is strong in this one

leave this board, pleb

Remember when Crispin Glover BTFO this pedophile rat?

>Does Steven Spielberg focus much of his fantasy life on young people? Did he portray children wallowing in sewers filled with fecal matter in Schindler’s List? Did he use children to fingerpaint an adult in Hook? Does he collect the illustrations of Norman Rockwell, such as the one showing a young boy in his underwear examined by a doctor? Are the inclinations of Steven Spielberg above suspicion by the media-fed culture? Was Steven Spielberg very friendly with Michael Jackson? Wasn’t Michael Jackson supposed to play Peter Pan in Steven Spielberg’s version of the story? Now that Michael Jackson is no onger held in favor by the mass media, does Spielberg associate with him? Do Michael Jackson and Steven Spielberg share similar opinions about the sexuality of young boys?

>Does The Talmud speak of the superiority of the Jews and the inferiority of other cultures and beliefs? Does Steven Spielberg reflect this religious imperative? Is Steve Spielberg neurotic? Is this belief hidden and suppressed?

>Did Spielberg truly help the culture understand Stanley Kubrick’s ideas at an Academy Awards eulogy? Or did he accuse Kurbrick’s films of being "hopeful" to make them seem as if they sell the same ideas as Steven Spielberg’s movies? Was A Clockwork Orange about hope? Was Barry Lyndon about hope? Was Dr. Strangelove about hope? Was Lolita about hope? Was Full Metal Jacket about hope? Was The Killing about hope?

>Was Steven Spielberg’s company sued by an African-American woman who claimed that Amistad was based on her writing? Was this African-American woman suddenly happy with Steven Spielberg after he deposited a lot of money into her bank account?

He used to be good but I agree he lost the magic somewhere along the way. Maybe he just had too many kids. Maybe the shift to CGI effects left him by the wayside.

Lord almighty

Spielberg was once good in his halcyon days creating enjoyable, entertaining well crafted blockbuster films. He's lost it greatly along the way though and is now a drab and dull filmmaker.

He's more of a businessmen anyway and that's the area of filmmaking he's been concerned the most as of lately. He still keeps releasing a movie or two by himself every now and then though. Bridge of Spies was one of the best spy thrillers in recent memory, comfy, intriguing and had an interesting story, the young soldiers scenes were sort of a drag and not that well handled, but overall it was him at his best form since the early 00s. You can say Lincoln and War Horse were somewhat good and well made as well. Old people movies I'd say. Perhaps he needs to make his own "The Departed" or "The Martian" to get himself in full touch with the game again.

Crispin is a wonky guy

>appears in a Friday the 13th movie
>attempts to dropkick Dave Letterman
>knows what The Killing is about

NEWSFLASH! Calling people pleb because they DON'T agree with you... is NOT... an argument!

Fuck off Molyneux. Spielberg makes lifeless films and that's all there is too it.

>used to make fun sci-fi with kids
>now only does Jewish History films

probably a pedo

The fuck... He is doing Indiana Jones 5 and Bridge of Spies was great. What the fuck do you want more?

>He is doing Indiana Jones 5

Oh good god no. Does Harrison Ford need a paycheck that badly?