Autism: The Film

was this designed to be a 2 hour long cringefest of social interactions?

Yep

Did you watch this because of the thread I made earlier today? People don't post much about this movie and that is the exact image I used. Haha you got tricked faggot, that movie is shit. The sad part is the first half is so promising, if you didn't at least like the hotel part in the beginning then you are a confirmed dummo.

Also how did she manage to be waifu material in that movie but mediocre in literally every other appearance she has ever made anywhere?

Check these plebs out.
Movie was kino start to finish.If you can't sit through a 2 hour movie without any explosions then you probably have adhd

lol I didn't say it was bad, I liked it a lot.

No, this is just the most common image on google images, I agree with you that the first half is better though.

>2 hour long cringefest of social interactions

pretty much. It is supposed to highlight how ridiculous the rules around social interactions are.

I did sit through the movie. In the beginning I was thinking holy fuck this is shaping up to be one of my favorite movies of all time, but then he leaves the hotel and the parts in the woods are bullshit, who fucking cares about this gay love story and killing rabbits and sleeping in the grass. It turned into a wannabe salvadore dali shitpost halfway in and was ruined by it.

Kino you say?

Well, I may just have to give this a shot.

there's a lot more to it than that

a lot of it is social commentary on the distinction between humans and animals, modern human pair-bonding, mating and even a critique of capitalism (albeit a shallow one)

if i go any further I risk being as autistic as the people in the film though.

can somebody explain this damn kino meme?

it cannot be taught or explained, it must be grokked

"kinography" is a literal reddit meme originating from movie related subreddits that Sup Forums thinks they made up, from german "kino" which means film. it's supposed to be like an elevated term for movies that are beyond mere "films" or "movies".

if you didn't like the second half of the movie because of pacing or cinematrographic reasons I understand but it's an integral part of the story and it's necessary to flesh out the plot and develop the main character to his logical end

The only reason I (and probably most people) was interested in the movie is because I liked the concept of the hotel. They threw that whole thing out and derailed the movie into the non-setting that is the woods, then ended his character arc with the non-ending to his stupid relationship with his non-character new gf. There were so many times I was thinking "finally he's gonna return to the hotel and finish the damn story!" but it never happens. Would have been much better if they just had a brief period of him in the woods but he was allowed to return to the hotel and finish his 45 days to become a lobster, or find a partner or something. Anything would be better than the bootleg Samuel Beckettfest they pull after the first hour. And sure the pacing was shit.

I MEAN, I GOT THE IDEA OF THE MOVIE, UNDERSTOOD THE POINT OF SCENES, THE DIRECTION AND ACTING ETC. I LIKED IT AS AN ART BUT HATED IT AS A MOVIE, SCENE BY SCENE ITS AWESOME, THE DIALOGUES AND ACTING ARE SPOT ON, BUT JESUS FUCK, AS A MOVIE ITS JUST TORTURE TO WATCH.

CAPTCHA: KILL DOG

First 30 minutes were pure kino.
The rest.. Holy fucking shit what a trainwreck. The second that chase through the hotel began I knew it was about to go downhill and it did.
Such a shame too, I had such high hopes for this.

The movie is great from start to end. Yes, the hotel part was more interesting as a premise but I like the fact it didn't end there, the rest was pretty good and important for the movie.
Also, Lanthimos is used to making his characters kinda socially dysfunctiona, which is not bad especially for a black comedy.

wow you totally didn't understand the point

the movie has commentary on pretty much every institution that matters and the ending is fucking great

the whole point about the forest setting was to flesh out the "loners" and point out that the path of romance isn't always "on-rails" like the hotel. It also mocks the "corporate female manager" trope because the leader gets eaten by dogs after she sacrificed her "most efficient person".

The switch to the forest setting is meant to be as jarring for the viewer as it is for the main character.

I agree the pacing was shit though, they could have cut a few of the less important scenes like the making out in front of femme's parents and the parts after the girl goes blind

The ending scene is probably my favorite in recent memory.

yeah that's cool and all but

>it was boring as shit

who cares about le meaning if it's a complete assdrag to experience. if I want to slog through some high minded ideas I'll read an actual damn book. I know at this point in reading this post you're cooking up some kind of wicked response about how I'm just a dumb baby who wants to watch michael bay explosions, but hold that thought. I'm just sayin the movie is fucking obnoxious. they could have pleased your cock with all the commentary you crave and kept shit in the hotel where things weren't a complete snoozefest. I M A G I N A T I O N

it's inherent vice but less exciting

>It also mocks the "corporate female manager" trope because the leader gets eaten by dogs after she sacrificed her "most efficient person".

>tell others they missed the point
>didn't even get that those were hunting dogs and she was captured and turned into an animal

lmao I have no idea why you would think those dogs ate her

its not like it isnt smart

but fuck the director for having pretty much every actor ditch their talent to talk in such a drab monotone voice. it ruins it. its like he made it feel unreal like we wouldnt believe a hotel for turning peeps into animals isnt. its fucking torture to watch.

I was just defending the necessity of the setting change, not the execution of the pacing or anything. IMO they should have focused way less on the "blooming romance" and had another incident of getting chased by the hotel people.

It was just way too long, it would have been way better of as 90 minute film and then just release a director's cut as the 120 minute version.

The movie had a great premise and a fascinating twist that just kind of meandered around from around halfway up until the very end. I liked how dry the humor was and the acting in such a stilted and stuffy environment was great as well, but as soon as he breaks out of the institute things just take a turn for the boring.

Overall I'd say that it's worth watching and it's a solid film but it could have been so much better if they changed just a few things that happened in the middle.

the thing is, there wasn't a necessity to spend the rest of the movie in the woods. it's obvious that he was going to go into the woods amongst the loners in some capacity, it wasn't obvious that they were going to spend the rest of the movie making the woods as shitty to watch as possible. he didn't even run out of days, he just ran away to the woods himself, they didn't force him to be a loner.

How so

because she's a fraud cunt who only appears in her husband's shitty flicks and if 10 years of acting didn't do any good for her idk what would.

meh its okay. i gave it a 7.2 on imdb

Literally yes. Are you retarded?

>The sad part is the first half is so promising

this so hard
when they run away into the Forrest there were some great scenes; but from there the whole film goes nowhere