Just rewatching GoT - help me remember. Am I supposed to like or hate her?

Just rewatching GoT - help me remember. Am I supposed to like or hate her?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyZJqMPSDh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you can like her plotline in season 1, and maybe like her too.
season 2+ you should hate her as the feminist mary sue shoehorned character she is.

You're supposed to be amazed by her confidence and badassery, even though she never actually does anything on her own

Dungeons and Dragons want you to like her

The feminist Mary Sue bullshit only becomes a real issue in Season 3, when she conquers Astapor using one of the sleaziest tricks in the book and ends the season literally riding a wave of brown people worshiping the lovely pale silver-haired savior.

Why don't SJWs find this offensive because m-muh white fag ruling the brown mindless masses? They usually find stuff liike this pretty triggering.

No you're supposed to YASSS QUEEN SLAAAY YAAAAAS

In the book you're supposed to kinda worry that she's going to be a terrible ruler and fuck everything up. But then George forgets that himself and then decides to write half a book about her teenage sex fantasies

I only watch her scenes for nudity. Actually that's the only reason I ever watch the show anymore, really.

No, you see, they love it because it's the SJW fantasy.
They're not like the nasty other white people. They're one of the honorary good ones. They want to be just like Kelly C and rescue the poor people from their white oppressors

It's called "Fantasy" for a reason

In the books they were hinting at how she was going to Go mad or become a dictator. In the show they quit that and basically made her a Mary Sue that can do wrong even though she's psycho bitch. She had absolutely nothing in the show to prove that she is a worry ruler all she has done is kill people with dragons that opposed her. She could've been a great villain/anti hero but Emilia Clarke has no acting range and D&D are fucking hacks. So much wasted potential

Every one of Daenerys's scenes can be summed up as,
>She talks imperiously about nothing and the smarter people immediately fix or correct her statement
or
>Men are being unnecessarily harsh on her, she gives them a smug face and says something that makes her look tough (dragonfire optional.)

You forgot the "Bwaaaaam" music sting that plays when she does the smug face
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyZJqMPSDh0

You forgot:

MUH DRAGONS MUH TITLES MUH INHERITENCE

Idk man. It's clearly obvious that you're supposed to like her because she's kinda pretty, has 'badass' magic and dragons, is a poor orphan, had a terrible childhood, makes her speeches about revenge and freeing the slaves and all that. Yet her actions and her plot are so clearly contrary to this. I mean you just can not like her by her actual actions and there's several instances where this gets shoved into the viewers face.

iirc the first time is when she gets BTFO by some guy in Qarth after one of her 'I'm the one with a thousand names, give me everything for free' speeches. There are several more instances like this, even in the later seasons. Most normies probably do this off as 'bad peoples talk', but anyone watching with half a brain should have a highly critical opinion about her.

Have only read book 1 so far, but there are some hints in this direction in the show too. Tyrion or someone else of the people doing her actual work makes a remark about her being not too far away from her dad and that she should watch this. Probably not as much of a thing as it is in the books and iirc her answer to this was just some random smug face, but they did not leave it out all together.

I know, I know. But aren't these the people complaining about white washing or however the fuck that shit is called? Yes, her plot is about rescuing poor people from their oppressors, but it can - and probably would if she did not have a vagina - be seen as 'omq, white guise making a show where the slaves are so dumb they have to be freed by a grateful white person and then they follow their new white master like mindless monkey. so oppressive!'.

A politically correct fantasy would have one of the slaves (a woman ofc) freeing all the other slaves from white masters (the masters of Astapor aren't even white) without establishing a new type of servantship, no?

Maybe, but never underestimate the power of "She looks just like me, I could be her!"
If she were brown, that'd be loss, even if the fantasy were "more" perfect

True, I'm probably overestimating these peoples ability to have logically congruent thoughts anyways. After all I've read articles complaining about how GoT as a whole is only showing female oppression and is really patronizing. I guess for them it only comes down to whether a woman is in a position of power or not - no matter how she got there or what she's doing with it. Titts on top = good; anything else = bad and oppressive.

She's great in Season 1 and the first half of Season 3. After that, you really have no choice but to hate her. You can resent her for her meandering (and blatantly repetitive) plotline, the fact that she acts smug despite having few real accomplishments, or the heavy-handed feminist themes.

Someone post her fat thicc ass

*fat flabby ass

Seconding this, could use a quick fap.

>black dragon commits all the crime and acts like an animal
>her two dragons that literally did nothing gets locked up instead
>black dragon roamed free

>the black one is big and masculine
>the white and yellow ones are smaller and feminine
Really fires the neurons

Tbqhwy they actually did used to hate it
I remember the show got trashed to shit after that happened. But now the tide has changed after the writers martyred sansa, so sjws think any time a female does anything "badass" regardless of context, it's automatically great and above critcism.

>tfw Danny is a feminist icon
>She can't do anything herself, constantly makes bad decisions and is surrounded by men who constantly agree with her

Are you suggesting their might be hypocrisy or inconsistency in the Feminist movement?
Why I never

Because it's a woman. If it was a white male they'd be triggered as fuck.

You guys are almost as bad at overinterpreting things as the fucking Sjws.

This always cracks me up. The mental gymnastics needed to ignore this and see her as a symbol of female empowerment despite this are fucking next level.

she's pretty useless
she's not as bad as Cersei, but she's pretty bad

Worship her, of course.

I like Cersi though for some reason.

Book Cersei is fun to ready because even the semi-omniscient narrator mocks her

Show Cersei is just a smugger older Daenerys
Like, her blowing up the Vatican was meant to be kinda like "Don't fuck with this bitch" instead of just 9/11

Maybe because, unlike with Danny, they didn't literally write 'i'm pretty - LIKE ME!!!' on her giant forehead. She's a flawed character, has atleast some good motivations. She has edges and they don't desperately want you to like her. Simply a way better drawn character than Danny. I don't like her and they fucked her up like everything in the last season(s), but I can see why some people do.