Dear Yuros

How would you explain the Napoleonic Wars to non-Yuros in a way that helps them understand their significance?

first Communist uprising, I guess.
managed to push it back and contain it in France that time.

Sean Bean beating Napoleon single-handedly.

Russia saves the world once again

Leave my cuirassier gf alone

Russia always saving european ass, you're like the father saving his kid

I need a source OP

>tfw never studied Napoleonic Wars at school
World Wars are more important I guess

They tried to emulate America but failed

My fucking dick!

How?

“They wanted me to be a Washington.”

we all do
no luck at google and saucenao

Basically Napoleon being autistic and the french giving to the anglos the supremacy in the world

That's not "trying to emulate America"

It very clearly is. Lets not forget that the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen was written by Lafayette with help from Thomas Jefferson

>was written by Lafayette with help from Thomas Jefferson
I had no idea about this
Tell me a bit about Washington so I can understand why they wanted Napoléon to be like him

Here's a quote from a french historian

“Search the woods where Washington’s sword gleamed: what do you find? Tombs? No; a world! Washington has left the United States behind for a monument on the field of battle…. Washington’s Republic lives on; Bonaparte’s empire is destroyed. Washington and Bonaparte emerged from the womb of democracy: both of them born to liberty, the former remained faithful to her, the latter betrayed her.”

I wish the First Republic lasted longer.

Why it was chaotic and violent as all hell

Because it's hard to destroy a thousand years old regime and replace it with something people will agree on
The following century was as much as a shitfest :
>First Republic
>First Empire
>Bourbon Restoration
>July Monarchy
>Second Republic (this one lasted 4 years)
>Second Empire
>Third Republic
And then Fourth and Fifth Republic but they are unrelated to the Revolution

Didn't help that people weren't united and you had rabid mobs being goaded into attacking people by fat journalists that got off to violence

Yeah
There was too many sides

France is a mess but manages to single-handedly btfo every empire surrounding it in the name of reason and progress. Then, Napoleon comes back from military campaigns and seizes power in France, he proceeds to btfo Europe again, again and AGAIN (up to 6 times). He wrecks Venice, Austria, Prussia, Spain, Portugal etc to the point that there's not much else to liberate. Then he shitposts on Sup Forums "trips decide which country I invade next", the first answer is "Russia, DO IT FAGGOT" and everything goes downhill from there. Napoleon loses and is exiled but still manages to escape and gather an army on the way to Paris. Europe doesn't know what else to do so they send their best soldiers and commanders to finally crush the enlightened liberator of the oppressed European peoples. The bad guys win.

Although they lost, Napoleon's army brought the French Revolution ideals to the rest of Europe, which sparked the revolutions of 1830 and 1848 and basically created the modern world.

Finally a sensible post :^)

>trips decide which country I invade next
kek

More pictures like this?