Met a "patrician" type irl for the first time today. Happens to be my sister's new boyfriend...

Met a "patrician" type irl for the first time today. Happens to be my sister's new boyfriend. His favorite bands are Slint and Swans. MC Ride is a genius according to him. He was wearing a David Lynch t-shirt and said he is currently reading Dostoevsky's The Idiot.

We talked for a bit because my sister told him we would get along. Lol as if. What an annoying guy. Really made me realize that the so-called "patricians" are gross as hell. Now I'm trying to convince my sister to break up with him but she keeps telling me to fuck off. I actually went on her phone to see what they talk about and all he does is send her post-rock songs and twin peaks memes. It's sad

Just wanted to vent my frustrations

this didn't happen

I swear it did

0% chance he's older than 20

Dude what the fuck? Why didn't you say something earlier? You could've brought this up with me in person you fucking creep

if it is let her learn the hard way, every girl dates one pretentious douche

sounds like your sister's bf is a snob

He's not a short brown dude is he? I had a friend that was exactly like this.

Proof?!?!?!!?!!

i don't know what's the deal with people valuing music and music taste more than their lives... being so protective of it like it's their fucking bitch
try to get to know him from a different angle, maybe he's not that pretentious of a guy
in music, you do you and don't care about other people's taste but also don't judge them by it either

swans and slint are some of my favourites too :)

Ugh, "patrician" types are so fucking insufferable. Just listen and watch what you want and fuck off. Especially wearing a David Lynch shirt, Jesus Christ what an edgelord.

That's why you shouldn't take people here seriously. It's mostly edgy contrarian hipsters with superiority complexes and bad tastes.

Death Grips sucks btw

hes gonna see this post and be pissed dude

No matter how much you vent about him here, hes still fucking your sister.

He's 22, actually.

He gave my sister this mug as a gift. Lol she's never seen Twin Peaks. Sorry for shit quality

There is nothing wrong with Slint or Swans you try hard faggot

fake as fuck, post proof

your brain is a manlet

I hope this is bait if not... I don't understand how he attracted a woman.

>Just like what you want!
>except David Lynch and Death Grips!!!!
Are you retarded?

ha nice i laughed

That's not a patrician. That's a pseud. He doesn't actually enjoy the music he's listening to, he's doing it to get recognition for being a patrician when he isn't actually passionate about the material.

It's not bait. My sister actually likes these types. Doesn't help that the bastard is actually very good looking.

true
there is nothing wrong with any of these but the fact that a guy is listening to them doesn't prove anything

he's not complaining about them but rather the cunt that that likes them

The male art hoes who don't even have original taste are the worst. If you're going to devote your entire life to being a walking aesthetic you may as well try to make it actually unique.

My point is shoving your tastes in people's faces is dumb. I dislike Death Grips but that's only because they brought DG up. Lynch is okay but buying a shirt and mug of things you like to show others you like them is just tryhard and lame.

>good looking

Well then I guess it doesn't matter that he's an insufferable hipster, hopefully he'll grow out of it. Just tell him to tone it down.

Ask him what your sister's pussy smells like.

You should show him up and fuck his girlfriend to show him who's boss.

>22
>just now reading The Idiot and thinking it's a bragging point

do they live in a college town?