What was he going for with his performance?

What was he going for with his performance?

For you.

You're still talking about it so it worked.

>The devil gets, as usual, the most florid dialogue, and Jesse Eisenberg dispenses it with exuberant intelligence. He steals every scene. In a recent interview in Le Monde, Eisenberg discussed his approach to the role:

>"Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that’s how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film."

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.

Who would have been a better/your ideal Luthor for the DCU?

Autism. that or he really liked Sheldon Cooper

Perfect Lex origin story. Starts off proto-Lex, fucks Batman and Superman's shit up, Creates a God monster, learns the knowledge of the cosmos, and finally jailed w head shaved and chip on shoulder.

Now he's Lex

Exactly.

And my interpretation is he was portraying a man struggling to not collapse under the sheer weight of the paradigm-shattering information he was processing.

Lex is even red-haired originally. Just have Fassbender shave his head at some point.

Heath Ledger Joker 2.0

C R A Z Y
R
A
Z
Y

One of the worst or best performances of the year depending on how you look at it. I have no doubt he had utter contempt for the material and what he was being asked to do, but he committed 100%.

I agree with this. I think he knew Snyder just wanted to ride on TDK's coattails and it must have killed him acting with the cardboard cutouts that were the other leads. But at least he tried. You can tell he's bringing energy to every scene as much as he can.

No guy who willingly gets on board for the "Now you See Me" franchise has any business evincing contempt for *any* material.

Idris Elba desu senpai

the rooftop scene is like 10/10 acting though even though i dont like BvS portrayal of lex

It really is. I love the shit out of that scene.

>hehehe im so fucking le quirky and witty

He fell asleep the night before watching TDK

Cracked just had an article stating that Eisenberg may have based it off Max Landis.

>I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature.
In other words he didn't give a shit about the comics nor established character so he did a neurotic Zuckerberg clone because he thought it would still be hip in 2015.

>it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film."

Max Landis.

Seriously, it was hinted at in an interview.

Why are comic book kiddies so triggered by film makers ditching their childish Jew comics.

It fits with the movies commentary, Zuckerberg is evil and neurotic, and owns a massive business. Just like Lex Luthor. He played a crazy Silicon Valley type Billionaire who wants control. It's got a lot more commentary then any other comic book movie I've seen.

Talking really fast and sometimes getting LOUD

Is this the level of criticism I can expect from Sup Forums? What amounts to, muh comics, and muh ticks

Being a qt.

>>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.

Someone who wanted to prove to everyone (himself included) that Superman isn't all he's cracked up to be.

Good job