SPLIT

I've seen it.

There's no twist.

James McAvoy's character, Kevin Crumb, is a psychotic serial killer with 24 split personalities, which he developed due to childhood abuse. He can alter his body chemistry in vaguely superhuman ways when alternating between personalities.

Kevin kidnaps three teenage girls and psychologically tortures them before ultimately killing two of them. Anya Taylor-Joy's character, Casey, is the sole survivor, and manages to escape because she was also a victim of abuse so Kevin feels "connected" to her and briefly hesitates when he attempts to kill her, allowing her to flee.

However, in the final scene, there's a big sequel hook: David Dunn, Bruce Willis' character from UNBREAKABLE, shows up as a police consultant called to help catching Kevin, who has been given the supervillain-ish name "The Horde" by the media. He even namedrops Samuel L. Jackson's Mister Glass, who is still in jail.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1PK4qYzNkI
youtube.com/watch?v=rsrvdbr3YJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That cunt better be off the drugs for good, it's been 17 fucking years since Unbreakable and I'm waiting for a worthy successor to it

sounds like a bit of kino lads
is "the next Spielberg" finally back?

This being not only in the same universe, but directly tied to Unbreakable, is a plot twist

>there's no twist
>except for the twist that it's an Unbreakable sequel.

Does it have backstory and development for all 24 personalities?

retard op

>There's no twist.
>it's actually a sequel to unbreakable!!!

Am i being memed here? Is that really the ending?

No, it's legit

>There's no twist
>There's actually a twist
What did he mean by this

I don't consider it a twist because it doesn't impact the plot at all. It's like a Marvel extra scene.

>mfw OP's post had a twist itself

People have been saying it for months and now even regular ol plebs that have seen it are saying it

BTW this was screened at Fantastic Fest and hundreds of film critics have seen it.

Yes OP is telling the truth about the ending.

I can't tell if it's genius or pants on head retarded

The only truly amazing Tweest films are Signs, Unbreakable and The Happening

>youtube.com/watch?v=O1PK4qYzNkI

>youtube.com/watch?v=rsrvdbr3YJ0

Deepest lore.

Shyamalan cinematic universe?

will we ever find out what kind of terrorists those were?

would Sup Forums be interested in his take of capekino?

Bullshit.
Shamadong can't afford to hire Willis.

nope

Not gonna happen.

the unbreakable signs of the visit to the village happening from the sixth sense of the avatar: the last airbender

This looked like shit, but I might have to see it now.

Sorry, I can't support yet another horror movie that demonizes mentally ill people.