Why don't black people listen to more jazz?

Why don't black people listen to more jazz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hqK1V4G2L28
whosampled.com/Bob-James/Nautilus/sampled/
youtube.com/watch?v=XivELBdxVRM
youtube.com/watch?v=TKndXzvOfVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TqLUbge17ag
youtube.com/watch?v=4Id6N30MuII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why don't people listen to more jazz?
ftfy

because jazz sucks

>wonders why black ppl don't listen to jazz
> also doesn't know about flying lotus, kamasi Washington, pink siifu or Robert glaspar

Los angeles is keeping jazz VERY alive

Why don't you ask them?

this is now a classic jazz album thread

Music is fashion. Jazz was a black fashion that progressed to hip hop while jewish men took over jazz and created a manopoly for themselves in the university system. They are preserving a fashion that the creators out grew in thier own life times. Miles wasnt playing bop by the 90's, Meanwhile the finklebergs were making mad profits intellectualizing passing tones and arpeggios as if it was some new concept.

>da joos guis!!!!
Kys

Keep your head stuck in the sand. You obviously arent a player in any jazz scene. I studied. Its a industry like any other. Suprise suprise the jews have a monopoly on it. There is a disporportionate amount of jewish professors and artists dominating the jazz landscape. Kenny G is the most sucesfull Jazz musician of all time.

>Jazz was a black fashion that progressed to hip hop
Jazz had absolutely nothing to do with the beginning of hiphop, it was a Jamaican DJ who brought the Jamaican vocal style called "toasting" to the Bronx, and then it started developing in its own direction.

>Blaming Jews for your own mediocrity

It was more than that. But if you listen to the earliest tapes from the late 70s of DJs and MCs doing their thing jazz records didn't really feature heavily. Hell I'd say 70s rock records were a bigger influence on early hip hop than jazz. But 90s hip hop is heavy on the jazz.

hahahaha let me hear white boys comment on black people's behavior. it's all surely gonna be thought out

because they're too busy following and creating the next big trends in music to be stuck rehashing past ideas like whites. Blacks have been responsible for most innovation in American music.

you are missing the point that it was a musical fad that the pioneers themselves tired of, but thanks for the history lesson.
Explain why there are so many jews in musical academia and touring in the jazz scene? The 2 possible answers are they are superior or theystick together pick one isntead of saying nothing to counter the truth. Also jazz is the easiest music to learn and fake. We are litterally regurgitating charlie parker lines note for note. Ive seen many no talents with no creative talent excel at jazz after 4 years of hard work.

Same reason that not a lot of whites listen to early 20th century classical music

youtube.com/watch?v=hqK1V4G2L28

Proving my point if you listen to this tape of Grandmaster Flash from '78 you hear

Captain Sky - Super Sporm
Coal Kitchen - Keep On Pushing
Aerosmith - Walk This Way

If you know hip hop you'll know these samples from important records from many years later. But there really wasn't much jazz. It was all about funk, disco, and rock. But later on that changed and I'd guess that started with of all people Bob James...

whosampled.com/Bob-James/Nautilus/sampled/

Someone asked a question that I have the actual answer to. Why do blacks not buy a product? Their taste for that product is ever changing. Do you see blacks in general nostagic for music? Do you hear many blacks say my le wrong generation? No they stay current because they are the product creators. The jews are the business people who profit off the products. THe entire music industry is jewish and if you look at jazz you see nepotism. Music is just another business and thus reflects the current state of the world which you can face or stay in denial about.

>Explain why there are so many jews in musical academia and touring in the jazz scene? The 2 possible answers are they are superior or theystick together pick one

I would have to guess it would initially have come from being excluded from Conservatories, much like blacks & immigrants were. Just a shot in the dark though

>Do you see blacks in general nostagic for music? Do you hear many blacks say my le wrong generation?
Where would you see or hear that? We're all anoymous on Sup Forums and I seriously hope you don't read (you)tube comments or use social media.

>Do you see blacks in general nostagic for music? Do you hear many blacks say my le wrong generation?

What's apparent is that you've have never talked to a black person over the age of 30.

From being excluded? They run show business. They were excluded from conservatories and somehow came to dominate academia in general? Again there are only 2 answers 1 is they are exceptional at a very formulaic artform where everyone sounds the same (not really possible) or ding ding ding nepotism.

Youtube comments can be useful when listening to older music though. Often people involved in creating obscure records post their memories in them. Unfortunately it gets buried under I'm 11 and I think this is good music not Justin Bieber and I flipped this it's in my sample folder check my shitty beat on soundcloud.

Yes I have I work with them. They are current and enjoy baby face and luher vandrose and shit. They buy records and stay up to date. They consume music at venues and are more scene oriented. Maybe you know a few oreos who like dave mathews band but trust me its more ingrained in their culture. Each week at church new gospel tunes to keep things fresh. You dont know what you are talking about but I do, s dont try to pull a bluff on me. Im actually stepping out as we speak to rehearse with a black band over 30 where i am the only white member. I mean I can just ask and report back in a fewhours but I already told you the answer to this shit. Once whites appropriate a black convention blacks migrate to something new as they have an identity to express where jews have money to make. Its a constent cat and mouse game of cultural appropriation for gain. Why no more black blues players? They are all honkeys. It is what it is.

I fucking do, one of my fav genres.

>Why no more black blues players?
Because Jim Crow stopped being a thing.

Ya black people have nothing to be blue about yet express all those themes in every genre since the blues. Try again. You cant ask race questions without acknowledging races are different. Black people like new shit. New shiny shoes. New shiny rims. Do you see black people at the thrift store by choice trying to look hipster chiq? No one said shit to dispute me. Im right. Im an honary coon anyways thanks to my music abilities. The brothers and me talk about the honkeys stealing thier shit all the time. Im done schoolyyou white faggots got to go jam it up with the reggae, soca band now. Cheers. Have a good time talking about music.

Hahahahahaha

>Ya black people have nothing to be blue about yet express all those themes in every genre since the blues
Blues was about very specific social circumstances in the South during Jim Crow, shaped by the lack of opportunities, and while blacks still don't have as many opportunities, they have far more opportunities than in the South during Jim Crow, including to learn other styles of music and afford other kinds of instruments than old-ass guitars that they bum around with, to record and release high quality albums, to be signed by major record labels early and get good marketing. Blues was in every way a product of a very specific time.

while blacks still don't have as many opportunities
What opportunities do they not have?

fpbp

most blacks are born into poor families and poor neighborhoods, which cause them to seek violence as a way to prove their status. pair this with the war on drugs being notoriously hard on minorities, and most blacks have some kind of criminal history. this, paired with companies that don't like hiring minorities, gives them less opportunities to succeed.

As they more frequently come from poor areas and ghettos they have on average less opportunities for good education and employment and a greater chance of getting involved with criminality and developing more destructive addictions, especially after the 80' swhen the crack epidemic damaged the black communities especially while production jobs moved overseas and saw black neighborhoods grow more destitute again, yet they still have better opportunities now than during Jim Crow.

All just generalizations. And in fact, all your generalizations are based on economic status rather than race.

The statements about education and employment are flat out incorrect though because it's easier for a minority to be hired or be accepted to a university that he might be underqualified for.

I hope this is bait

>And in fact, all your generalizations are based on economic status rather than race.
It's almost like poverty in black ghettos is race-related and goes back all the way to slavery and further.
>The statements about education and employment are flat out incorrect though because it's easier for a minority to be hired or be accepted to a university that he might be underqualified for.
Yeah, being born in violent and destitute areas and receiving shittier education makes you more likely to succeed in academia or find a good job even if there are fewer jobs in the area, that makes a lot of sense.

>It's almost like poverty in black ghettos is race-related and goes back all the way to slavery and further.
Then why are there white people who are just as poor and live in just as bad ghettos?

>Yeah, being born in violent and destitute areas and receiving shittier education makes you more likely to succeed in academia or find a good job even if there are fewer jobs in the area, that makes a lot of sense.
Once again this has nothing to do with race. You're just talking about living in a poor and violent neighborhood.

You know what I'll never understand? These people who go on and on about how terrible these inner city black neighborhoods are and yet then they turn around and in the same breath they start talking about how bad gentrification is whenever some neighborhood starts to turn around.

>Then why are there white people who are just as poor and live in just as bad ghettos?
no one said that poor white people and families don't exist. blacks have hundreds of years of oppression that have followed them through their families trees, whites do not. whites are far more likely to be selected for jobs, selected for scholarships, and are more likely to be born into a rich family.
>You're just talking about living in a poor and violent neighborhood.
blacks are statistically more likely to be born into poor and violent neighborhoods thanks to gentrification.

>Then why are there white people who are just as poor and live in just as bad ghettos?
Because people can be poor without being black, that doesn't mean black poverty can't be traced historically and separately from much white poverty. But, in fact, much contemporary poverty, black and white, in the U.S., is related to production jobs moving to other countries. Blacks were in fact hit harder than whites by that.
>You're just talking about living in a poor and violent neighborhood.
Which blacks much, much more frequently do. Now the fuck do you keep chanting "race, race" like my explanation is shit for being more about economy than race? Go ahead and explain why race is more important than economy, instead. I'll take your argument apart, no sweat, but first you need to explain it.
>strawmanning
Try not to be retarded next time you post something.

>whites do not
Well, some do, just not as institutionalized through things like openly racist laws.

Well now we've just come full circle and you're just straight up admitting that all your statements are just sweeping generalizations.

And still the issues you are talking about are all consistent to poverty and ghettoization, not to race. True, they may be more common to one race or another, but trying to make it only about race does not address the issue.

Full circle? What full circle? Of course I generalize, it's the only way to talk about the average economic circumstances of millions of people. There's no one description that fit everyone. Trying to make it only about race? When did I ever do that? You're the one complaining that I'm talking too much about economy and not enough about race. But economic circumstances are inherited between generations, of course race is relevant when literally racist laws have shaped much of the histories of the economic circumstances that afro-americans still suffer from today.
What I can't say anything about are whether poor white people have more or less opportunities than poor black people. Poor white people absolutely have less opportunities than white people who aren't poor. I'm not looking to dispute that, but I haven't looked into the differences (other than the obvious historical ones) and it's not exactly the topic we were discussing either, as far as I know, since we were talking originally about how blues was a product of a time and place, and that's why it diminished as those circumstances changed, rather than white people starting to play rock'n'roll.

>Full circle? What full circle? Of course I generalize, it's the only way to talk about the average economic circumstances of millions of people. There's no one description that fit everyone. Trying to make it only about race? When did I ever do that? You're the one complaining that I'm talking too much about economy and not enough about race. But economic circumstances are inherited between generations, of course race is relevant when literally racist laws have shaped much of the histories of the economic circumstances that afro-americans still suffer from today.
This is all wrong though. The original post I was responding to said:
>blacks still don't have as many opportunities
when what it should have said was:
>people from lower income backgrounds and ghettos still don't have as many opportunities

which the rest your post seems to support. I don't know why you think I'm making this about race. I'm the one trying to keep race out of it.

>>blacks still don't have as many opportunities
>when what it should have said was:
>>people from lower income backgrounds and ghettos still don't have as many opportunities
You're fucking retarded, mate.

Ya funny how every asshole who touches the guitar plays out of time shitty blues lick in the style of thier favorits white artists. White artists ignature model guitar. Whit artists geting paid for thier albums not ripped off like the early blues men. We are saying the same thing. Blues is by no means dead if thats something you are trying to say. You obviously dont play guitar if you think that.

i feel like old black people listen to more jazz than young black people

because post-bebop jazz is intelligent music

Why don't white people listen to more country?

Maybe people get tired of old genres and want something new and has nothing to do with skin color.

What are they exactly creating nowadays?
Fucking nothing.

What? What reason is that?

the answer is they DO, it's just not very popular with young people

Why don't white people listen to more classical?

>Once whites appropriate a black convention blacks migrate to something new
Utter horseshit
White people started doing rap decades ago and Niggers still do rap

OP, some black people love anime. You'd be surprised the diversity of black people out there. You just never associate with them, some are dope people into all kinds of stuff, but if I'm being general, they mostly listen to hip hop and their dance-moves are based on fashion trends.

Blues is about as alive as New Jack Swing is.

Because jazz is boring and all sounds the same unless you're some musical nerd that studies theory

oops meant to reply to

nice argument
you know I'm true
it's literally background music tier

This anons mad

bumpin this right now famalam. pure fire

not really

>it's literally background music tier
I don't think I should take you seriouisly and address this, given the masterpiece you presented earlier:
>Because jazz is boring and all sounds the same unless you're some musical nerd that studies theory

Just like old white people listen to more classic rock

Bullshit
Take two different jazz tracks and listen to them. They'll sound the same, with minor differences like a few tempo changes, but the basic sound will always stay the same unless you listen to some Free Jazz or something
I don't hate Jazz completely, I like some albums when I'm in the mood for that but there is a reason why it's dead. It lacks the complexity, substance and art aspect of the classical music to be appealing for someone who wants to dedicate their time, learning musical theory and history behind the music. It's kind of a bridge between popular music (rock, electronic, hip hop, pop) and classical. Except it lacks the accessibility of the former and isn't as engaging as latter.
It's basically a relic of it's time (first half of the 20th century) and only because that was the only thing that black people were good at and they were popular because of that because it all seemed new for the people at that time but once popular music became really "popular" (60's), Jazz time was up. That's why they tried to innovate by fusing it with other genres like rock but it was only just delaying the inevitable.

>Take two different jazz tracks and listen to them. They'll sound the same, with minor differences like a few tempo changes, but the basic sound will always stay the same
You are clearly way out of your depth and yet you're making definitive statements.
youtube.com/watch?v=XivELBdxVRM
youtube.com/watch?v=TKndXzvOfVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TqLUbge17ag
youtube.com/watch?v=4Id6N30MuII
And this is one jazz standard. Since you clearly aren't versed in music theory and probably have a false view of what it is - in each of these versions there is reharmonization (if you like, "tweaked" chords for a certain aesthetic), different rhythmic elements (waltz in Joe Pass' version is the most obvious one).
>It lacks the complexity, substance and art aspect of the classical music to be appealing for someone who wants to dedicate their time, learning musical theory and history behind the music
How could you have possibly pretended to be able to make such a definitive statement? I think I was right with my assumption of not taking you seriously. If you haven't listened to much jazz, what you've described did exist in the realm of jazz, but only until the bebop era (in which jazz reinvented itself as "art music"). You've also made ridiculous statements about classical music being the only true, worthy and artistic genre. This is either deep missunderstanding of music as an art form or a glaring projection.

>surprised that uneducated retards are pretending to know what they're talking about on Sup Forums

Still waking up, user?

>Still waking up, user?
Still trying to have a genuine discussion on this sad excuse for a board. I shouldn't waste my time.

lol
Jazz is Classical for brainlets

bebob is more intelligent than hard bop or free jazz or fusion

Right on brother. Them and experimental big bands from the Nordic countries.

I gave The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady a go finally. Holy shit.

What's the worst jazz album you've ever heard?

You were correct. Good thing I've been saging for these couple of replies.