Sup Forums thoughts on Crystal Castles

Are Crystal Castles as god-tier as i think they are, or am i just retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4MqebUByDg
youtube.com/watch?v=rXzi93yJz1I
youtube.com/watch?v=CfbCLwNlGwU
youtube.com/watch?v=cWQbNb39lgc
youtube.com/watch?v=atyaT-tMIf0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just enjoy what you really like. There is no reason to ask opinion of mu on everything.

1st album good
2nd album great
All others trash

Which version of Not in Love do you prefer?

This user is right imo

first two albums are really noisy, chaotic and somehow have this melodic appeal to them at the same time thanks to the bass

they were sick live ngl, saw them twice within the first two albums being dropped

album 3 and 4 are ok I wouldn't say trash.

They've never released a single consistent album
It's always a few good tracks then a lots of forgettable filler and a few experimental trash tracks

They have great singles but the albums seem a lot iffier

they are.

as someone who has lived in toronto their whole life, i feel that this group is the closest thing that could represent me. you have nothing but drake, the weekend and clones of those 2 contemporaries just flooding the market as this "toronto sound" it's annoying.

II & III are my favourite releases. there's this feeling and undertone to those albums that i cant really transcribe. the self titled (I) doesn't stand up to the test of time because they were topped by their next 2 albums. but it's still a classic

I WANT LOVE
I WANT SHORTER BREATHS

The abuse really puts her lyrics in a new light.

I and II are really good, i can't stop listening to them, but i haven't listened to III or amnesty

you heard love inc?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4MqebUByDg

>love inc
i haven't yet. but im checking it out

Char is underrated

why do you think they represent Toronto. sure they came from there but they created all their best songs while sleeping on studio floors in the UK. more of a uk band if you ask me.

they sound like toronto eurodance

this, the first 2 albums are good, and were really popular on Sup Forums at the time of release

god tier
youtube.com/watch?v=rXzi93yJz1I

Their first album was Sup Forumscore when it came out

yes no studio version never :(

Their studio recordings are pretty good but the live shows are trash.

lmao what

Every CC album has few great tracks. On Amnesty i liked this a lot youtube.com/watch?v=CfbCLwNlGwU

Their first two albums are fantastic and always a joy to revisit, their third album has a handful of decent songs but that special, their gets more hate than I think it deserves - Concrete, Char, Frail ad Ornament are fucking solid tracks

Ah and of course this song too, easily one of my favourite cc songs, though I think it's only on the physical copies

Crystal Castles were one of the best bands of the 2000's
Sad to see them disbanded.
Anybody got any reccs that sound like CC?

I like all the albums in all honesty. Concrete from Amnesty is my favourite CC track
[spoiler]III is my fave CC album pls no bully[/spoiler]
Not that user but the Robert Smith version without a doubt

didnt realise you can spoiler on here..?

holy shit this. Thank fuck this is the first comment.
Just enjoy what you want for fuck sake

youtube.com/watch?v=cWQbNb39lgc

youtube.com/watch?v=atyaT-tMIf0

ty

Both

you're welcome. what did ian listen to before he committed suicide?

Iggy Pop's album The Idiot

Who has the stinkiest pussy? Alice Glass, Yolandi or Grimes?
I gotta go with Yolandi.

you

the original one
fuck robert smith

i really dont like it i think its their worst album

I used to listen to them they first came out pretty cool to see people talking about them.

probably grimes

Good shit, not god-tier. Some their music feels "listenable" to only when you're drugged up on Molly.

The original felt more eclectic. I liked it more.