Finn should have been the main protagonist Jedi in Episode 7

Finn should have been the main protagonist Jedi in Episode 7.

Finn vs Kylo showdown with Finn winning would have been more believable and interesting.

Rey as a support character/love interest.

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/02/kathleen-kennedy-hollywood-producer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>love interest.
The prequels played out like how two lobotomized autists with sock-puppets would depict a romance subplot and you're saying you want MORE of that?

Romantic elements worked in the OT.

They just have to be done right.

Kylo should have been the main protagonist Sith in Episode 7.

Finn vs Kylo showdown with Kylo winning would have been more believable and interesting.

Rey as a support character/love interest.

If they were going to have Kylo lose it would have been more believable to have Finn beat him than Rey.

>Finn vs Kylo showdown with Finn winning would have been more believable and interesting.
Finn wasn't a very good fighter though, Rey was

You just don't think it's realistic because Rey is a girl

Duhhhhhhh

Yea and Finn had a far more complete character and his motivations (at first) were clear.
He's a coward and he sucks dick and than makes him so much better than maRey sue.

>A nu-Star Wars trilogy with Sith protagonist
Not sure, but i might want to watch that

No, he's Black so he was supposed to be the goofy, bumbling, idiotic side character.

>You just don't think it's realistic because Rey is a girl

Exactly, especially the part where the two lock hands and Rey somehow overpowers him. At least get a bigger woman or a smaller man to make it more believable.

Now little girls are going to try to overpower their bigger brothers or something and get hurt.

He's gonna fuck Rey ya know.

But Rey knows how to fight, while Finn got beat by based TR-8R

He's gonna fuck Poe actually.

Fag delusions

Lay off tumblr for a while.

Akshyually he fucks some Chink broad. He already asked Rey and she was like "I'd love to... but I'm already dating someone."

She has no reason to be a good fighter aside from muh mysterious history.
Finn is a fucking stormtrooper.

Isn't it basically confirmed he gets with an Asian pilot?

The OT was successful because they happened to get a dream-team of good actors more or less by accident. Definitely not because of any great literary genius. And if anything we've gone downhill since then.

>Finn should have been the main protagonist Jedi in Episode 7.

Too bad fuck you, you only get shitty British women from here on out. Even the Han Solo movie will focus on Kelly-C.

TR-8R should have been the main protagonist Stormtrooper in Episode 7.

Finn vs TR-8R showdown with TR-8R winning would have been more believable and interesting.

Rey as a support character/side antagonist.

I mean, does anyone here actually think Finn vs Kylo for the final fight scene would have been better?

Finn beating Kylo more convincing?

Yoda can physically overpower people much bigger than himself, it's called "The Force"

>The OT was successful because they happened to get a dream-team of good actors more or less by accident.
the only good actors in the original were guiness and if i'm being nice, ford. hamil and fischer were awful.

Kylo Ren had a giant fucking bullet wound in his stomach. Take the best fighter in the world, shoot him in the stomach, and basically anyone could kick his ass.

Dark side users can't be uncertain in their feelings if they want to hold on their power. He was visibly shaken by killing his own father. He was literally at his weakest during the fight,

It worked because Fisher and Ford were fucking each other offscreen

Nobody agrees with OP lmao

I thought the exact thing as I watched. Finn is much more likable.

finn and rey were both terrible characters

You wish nigger

POTTERY.

IT RHYMES

Don't meme.

They certainly weren't awful. Pretty average though.

Agreed

Finn looks ugly as fuck

>Anakin's lightsaber, later used by his son Luke
>Later used by a random nigger

How far things have fallen.

>Disney

>tfw you prefer the company of Quarren and Rodians to human blacks

I feel like Rey will end up being the villain
Which will leave a bigger role for Finn as a protagonist involved with the redemption of Kylo and his turn to the light

Why does everyone keep thinking she will go to the darkside?

Just like I'd want a ww2 game where you play as nazis

Niggers can't be Jedi though.

Because they're idiots, just like people are idiots for thinking Kylo will be redeemed in the next movie. Darth Vader wasn't redeemed in Empire and Kylo won't be a good guy all of a sudden in the middle of the trilogy. Disney is marketing Kylo as the modern Darth Vader and he's not going to change character so soon.

Rey will probably also not be evil. She's supposed to be a hero to girls everywhere or whatever and turning her into a ruthless dark side killer would undermine her borderline Disney princess image.

People are retarded and I hate ones that spew Star Wars "fan theories".

Finn should not have been cast as an ape. We already have a separate movie franchise for that.

Because she's then too perfect. She mastered shit that takes other Jedi years to learn and has basically no character flaws. Falling to the dark side at least gives her some flavor.

you can blame this faggot

who said anything about it happening in the next movie? People have these theories because they make a certain amount of sense from a story perspective.

Remember, Disney made a movie where they turned Captain America is a defacto vigilante villain and it worked out ok at the box office.

>Finn should have been the main protagonist Jedi
Wookies aren't force sensitive though

People spout these theories like they're groundbreaking ideas. TFA was basically a nostalgia-filled remake of the original Star Wars and Kylo is shown to struggle with concepts of being evil but still good somewhere, so it's not at all surprising that he'll be redeemed at some point, likely at the end of Episode 9 just like Vader (the character he's basically ripped from) was at the end of his trilogy.

I'm jaded about it. I'm sick of seeing Star Wars and super hero shit on every website and on every cover of every magazine all the time. Too much of a good thing can be bad and tiresome. I've always liked Star Wars and the EU but I don't like seeing it everywhere 24/7.

>It worked because Fisher and Ford were fucking each other offscreen
do you think Hamill felt left out?

>I'm sick of seeing Star Wars and super hero shit on every website and on every cover of every magazine all the time.

It was nice that even with the prequels, you had a 3 year cool down period and didn't have to be constantly reminded of the new film until like March or April.

>Wookies
he's a fat manlet nigger

Now little girls are going to try to overpower their bigger brothers

He should have been more interesting.

>Having to deal with things outside of his experience
>Having to deal with the death of his friend
>Having to kill his fello troopers to gain his freedom
>Flashback of his indoctrination in the order
>PTSD
>Learning what it men's to be free
>Have friends
>Protect them
>Get revenge
>Etc...

But instead we got a happy-go-lucky space coon.

He did fine.

>Finn had a far more complete character and his motivations (at first) were clear.
were they really? I never understood why he managed to shake off the brain washing (they wre trained from childhoodright?) unlike all the other stormtroopers. please explain it to me

No it wouldn't.

Finn is a sanitation worker button jockey, Rey is a Jedi apprentice turned scavenger who's likely been carrying a melee weapon for the duration of her adolescent life.

You dont understand OP, Rey being the protagonist and a woman is an actual Agenda, there is even a quote about that jew disney woman saying that boys are mad that girls are into star wars now.

There is nothing wrong with a female protagonist, but if your whole reason for that is that you want girls to be into star wars too then fuck you

someone ultra zoom that baby

Disney already killed star wars being a special thing.

>girls are into star wars now.

In the most superficial sense, as in just watching the films?

just to be a part of whatevers hip fomo shit

>goofy, bumbling, idiotic side character.
Lando was th complete opposite of that though.
I want a Lando spinoff

Yeah basically. They're into it as in they like making gay pairings and writing stupid fanfiction on Tumblr.

no I mean it literally

> Kennedy has become the high priestess of the relaunched Star Wars enterprise. The new movie’s position as the first feminist Star Wars film—with Rey, the breakout female protagonist—only adds to the impression that Kennedy is, as the Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan put it, a “secret superhero in training.”

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/02/kathleen-kennedy-hollywood-producer

Maybe he should have primarily went with people who can act

really fired electric signals across my synaptic gap

All down him from here.

That would have been a good place to start.

Flashbacks are fucking gay and not Star Wars.

>Rey is a Jedi apprentice turned scavenger
People actually believe this.

She has a memory of Obi Wan saying "these are your first steps".
Her clothes are Jedi.
Jedi train children of the age she was abandoned at.
She can use the force.

She's a fucking Jedi.

Fun fact, Hasbro has actually registered a new trademark name for him. Officially he is FN-2199 now and expected to return.

>Wookies aren't force sensitive though
False

I've been carrying my fists all my life but it doesn't make me a boxer

>EU

That's because they're attached to your arms.

You have to carry a stick around with conscious effort, which you don't spend unless you intend to defend yourself with it.

>Her clothes are Jedi.
Guess Owen was a Jedi too

>Hasbro came up with the name FN-2199
That's where you're wrong kiddo. He's been FN-2199 from the beginning.

fucking retard

>Canon

Note exactly the same considering at the time of the original movie there wasn't a half dozen other movies that established that the Jedi wear desert robes (because Obi-Wan did therefore they all did) rather than Owen wearing Jedi robes.

In Rogue One Jyn's father wears a darker robe that looks like Jedi apparel too. Star Wars lacks much creativity in the way of fashion apparently.

>She has a memory of Obi Wan saying "these are your first steps".
The lightsaber does odds are it's Anakins memory seeing as it's his lightsaber
>Her clothes are Jedi.
Robes do not a Jedi make
>Jedi train children of the age she was abandoned at.
>implying Luke is doing things the same way as the original Jedi
>She can use the force.
So can Kylo Ren does that make him a jedi

She's a fucking desert rat mary sue.

That corduroy shit is way different.

Rey's fabric is exactly what Obi Wan, Yoda, and Mace Windu wore, and what Luke is wearing at the end of the film.

Disney is still including the prequels in their canon, and Jedi were decked out in this bandage stuff en mass in those films.

not really seeing the resemblance

ayo hol up

>Guess Owen was a Jedi tooOven was a grey Jediu, yes. Why do you think he disliked Obi Wan and wanted Luke to stay?

>The lightsaber does odds are it's Anakins memory seeing as it's his lightsaber
McGregor was brought in to record that line, it's not from the prequels. There is a scene of Luke burning the victims of Kylo Ren, has nothing to do with Anakin.
>Robes do not a Jedi make
Tell that to George Lucas.
>So can Kylo Ren does that make him a jedi
Kylo Ren was Luke's apprentice before he turned bad, did you even watch the movie?

>gay and not Star Wars

*Oven was a grey Jedi, yes. Why do you think he disliked Obi Wan and wanted Luke to stay?

Rey lived alone on a planet inhabited only by shady low-life scoundrels.
She absolutely needed to be good at fighting or else she would have been totally dug out by alien cock.

50kg girl beats up 3 guys. How progressive.

Except Finn apparently

Lando is gonna play a major role in the han solo movie I hope

Anyone can knock a grown man out with a metal pole.

which actor would be good enough to match Billys charisma though?

>registered a new trademark
Reading comprehension problems? They said nothing about it being a new name. Registering a new trademark means they'll be using it on merchandise from now until they forget to renew it.

Her stick looks pretty gnarly.
Plus when she fights she is probably channeling force strength without realizing.
Same reason 14 year old Ahsoka can do so well in all her fights.

Donald Glover is cast as him for the new movie.
It seems like a pretty good choice to me.

Finn was like the droids from IV, the story just kinda happened around him, from his point of view, but wasn't about him. Plus they got to show him in the trailer as the one with the lightsaber. But his character was never main character material.
Rey vs Kylo is better, but we just have to wait longer for the hopeful payoff.