I swear if this shit wins Best Picture over Moonlight then the Academy will officially be deemed a fucking joke

I swear if this shit wins Best Picture over Moonlight then the Academy will officially be deemed a fucking joke.

that's not what officially means

If Moonlight wins there will be a week long debate on whether or not it only won because of #OscarsSoWhite last year

If it loses there will be a week long debate over how the Oscars are still too white

It's gonna be a shitshow regardless

Sorry user, but I legitimately hope it wins.

>I swear if this shit wins Best Picture over Moonlight
It won't.

They HAVE to give it to Moonlight for PC reasons and for once I'm fucking glad.

If La La Land wins the backlash is going to reach Crash levels.

I think La La Land is overrated by I want it to win just to see the incoming chimp out from all the niggerlovers.

>implying the Oscars weren't already a fucking joke

is this really that bad?

>the Academy will be a joke for not voting of whatever the trendy racial movie of the year is.

I finished moonlight exactly 2 minutes ago, fantastic film. I really want to see La La Land but the only other person I've talked to who wants to see it is my best friend's girlfriend and he definitely wouldn't want to see it

It's easily one of the best movies of the year.

>Kelly Lawler of USA Today noted that Gosling's character has been referred to as a "white savior" by critics, due to "his quest (and eventual success) to save the traditionally black musical genre from extinction, seemingly the only person who can accomplish such a goal."[65] The sentiment was echoed by Ruby Lott-Lavigna of Wired, Anna Silman of New York and Ira Madison III of MTV News.[66][67][68]

kino

People take the Oscars way too seriously.

The academy has been fucking up for DECADES and this is your tipping point? lmao

Moonlight, Fences splits "racial" vote.

Lala land or Manchester by the Sea wins best picture.

Will be brilliant.

The nice thing is if moonlight does win, it will be written off as a affirmative action winner.

You saw moonlight dude? It's shit

Maybe you and his girlfriend can convince him together.

This LMAO DAMN

Tell her she should dump him because you guys are obviously meant to be together because you both have sooooo much in common and it was meant to be and shit.

Best movie of the year is Hacksaw Ridge

But we all know how that's going to turn out for Mel at the oscars

it's not going to win any oscars except best female supporting because it got a golden globe

screencap this

Stop watching the OscarsĀ®

La La Land is too white to win. The Oscars have a lot of pressure after the boycotts over them being too white last year, so this year they'll give all the awards to minorities.

Stop projecting nigga, and besides the dude's my bro and wingmanned me to my first real gf back in high school, we played all of resident evil 4 together and shit

but last friday he got really drunk and started hitting on my mom and I'm pretty sure he was about to kiss me

La La land would win with no complaints if they replaced Ryan Gosling with Donald Glover

I really enjoyed Hacksaw Ridge, but it definitely wasn't best picture material.

>The Academy will be deemed a fucking joke

Isn't that already the case?

Donald Glover is too white also.

There was nothing good about Hacksaw Ridge.

it was honest

>DUDE ISN'T HOLLYWOOD MAGICAL LMAO
or
>DUDE A BLACK MANS LIFE SO AMAZING LMAO

in other words, both films are just oscars wank material and wont be remembered. Like The Artist

Honestly stupid

At least it was honest

Are any of The screeners out yet?
I wanted to see both of them. I have never really been into Denzel, but from the buzz, and what I see in the trailer, looks good. I also really like Viola, so there's that. I think LaLa Land looks fun, but Best Picture Material? Really?

Yeah, it's much more than just a "fun" musical. It absolutely deserves its nomination.

>DUDE A BLACK MANS LIFE SO AMAZING LMAO

How is this what you took away from Moonlight

I suspect you may not have viewed the movie

So, a movie about musicals which are fundamentally gay versus a movie about actual homosexuality.

Amazing

Moonlight is about a guy who's gay and black. It's 100% guaranteed to win. Nothing will come close.

The thing is that it's also a genuinely great movie

I was tired desu

Pic related was the only memorable moment.

BUT BROKEBACK DESERVED IT BETTER! Those homophobic bastards... Gave an oscar to a tv tier movie

Fuck off, negroid.

>Moonlight
>Black gay man
>MUST WIN

Movie was medicore as shit, just like most modern movies.

no

Hollywood lost all its credibly over the last two years

Can we forget about these pretentious awards and just enjoy good movies?

This

>this dishonest movie and Moonlight over Hacksaw ridge

fuck this shit