Is it weird that I sit at the bar drinking beer alone for hours on end on Friday/Weekends...

Is it weird that I sit at the bar drinking beer alone for hours on end on Friday/Weekends? I don't have any friends so I can't really go with other people but I also don't want to spend every fucking weekend in my fucking flat.

it is because you still go to the bar for some reason

if not for meeting people why go

Why at the bar? Expensive and you can get drunker at home.
I'd come over and drink beer, play video games with you.

lots of people go to the bar alone, it's not weird.

it is weird if you're not actively looking to meet other people
well at least in my country, is quiet unusual to see loners at bars, and they usually are foreigners that at one point in the night will be given tequila shots and chatting with any random english speaking mexican that approached him.

In which city do you live?

not weird in the south if you're also talking to people. bit weird if you're not joining in the conversation

He literally included the reason in his post -- so that he doesn't have to spend every weekend at his flat.

don't reply to me pooskin

I don't really get along with people. Idk why but at 22 I've come to terms with the fact that I'm probably going to live a lonely life.

No, no one gives a shit

Just got to meet other kinds of people.

22 is barely adult. I got t-shirts older than you.

Stop being a whiny little bitch and enjoy yourself. If you don't like making friends read some good books.

@78492991
SHART IN MART

I do the same thing. Stopped caring about coming off as weird to other people when I was about 24. I embraced the solitude and went full zen. Don't worry about it, man.

I mean that in the nicest possible way

not an argument

dude i am 30 and i don't go to bar drinking alone

Hometown is sancristobal de las casas, is a town filled with european hippies, expats and south american tourists and backpackers
Now I live in mexico city and same thing happens at hip bars, the difference between bars and nightclubs is blurry since people dance regardless of the place they're in

What part of Mexico City do you live in and in what part do you go out?

I'm turning 22 in 2 days and I do the same thing. Just got out of shower and preparing right now to go out and drink alone, will probably hit the nightclub at night too.. I don't care if it's seen as weird, it's still much better than sitting at home doing nothing, at least I get to talk to people sometimes. Every bit of human interaction counts desu.

I live a few blocks from downtown coyoacan, I usually go to some nearby bars and dinning spots because I like walking home back when drunk. La bipo is great place because you dine in the lower floor and party in the top floor.
Around my university UNAM there are a few bootleg bars where you can get fucked up drunk with 10 bucks while dancing/make out with college girls at the sound of filthy raegeton music.
There's also Madero which is a street filled with bars, dancing halls, nightclubs and grupero bars (they exclusivly play norteƱo music and cumbia), is pretty cheap but you won't find that many foreigners there.
If you want a more vibe more suited to you Roma and Condesa are two great spots filled with deep house trendy nightclubs and chill laid back bars, the problem I find with these last two is that nightclubs are dance only kinda vibe while no one even stands up to dance at these bars. And I knda prefer a place when you can enjoy doing both things.

Ok, cool.

Why would you care whom it seems weird to if you have no friends? Your post makes no sense at all.

Im sorry