How can someone so musically knowledgeable have such shit taste?

how can someone so musically knowledgeable have such shit taste?

who

eminem

I don't know what his personal tastes are exactly, but for someone who is classically trained and all that, it's at least refreshing that he doesn't hold the opinion that "bleeps and bloops aren't music" and shit like that.

It's a Youtuber called Adam Neely. Some of his videos are pretty interesting and he goes autistically in depth into autistic subjects, but a lot of what he says I'm already familiar with or aware of.

Everyone had or has a shit taste in music, every single piece of music ever produced is terrible

What exactly does he listen to?

oh he sucks now

Usually musically knowledgeable people made great music. History and all that. The problem is with jazz academia and the bullshit it creates.

djent is literally the shittiest genre ever

No idea what he even listens to. Is he a jazz fag that smells his own farts?

no way, at least theres a few decent bands in there. that title belongs to christian rock

He's at least knowledgeable about TMR.

he's not musically knowledgeable

>not reggaeton
>not crunkcore
You really should try harder to find bad music.

What are you talking about he's very musically knowledgeable have you even ever watched a video on my channel?

Are you going to answer this OP?

not what i listen too, aka pleb shit

oh idk what he listens to, but judging from the videos and the influences he puts into his projects he probably listens to fucking dubstep and similar electronica, some romantic era to modern classical, and some jazz fusion or third stream post bop whatever, but nothing too avant garde. he's stated on one of his videos along the lines of him wanting to make academic electronica or something, i cant remember

but thats not the point of this thread, what i actually mean is that no matter he listens to the greatest artists or whatever, he spews out shit, shit musical ideas, shit re-harmonizations, shit direction in his videos (ie. his new, even worse intro). from what i see, the way he probably writes music is over done and cliche. i see this shit all over modern college music kids and people like jacob collier, theyre just a bunch of goddamn nerds.

TLDR, they basically lack fucking talent

He's good but he's not Steve T

actually i meant to say TLDR hes a hack but whatever, music is dying and going nowhere from here on out so who cares anymore

That wasn't even the question.
>oh idk what he listens to, but judging from the videos
What's the point of this thread then if it's all speculation?

it isnt really speculation, you got a pretty clear view of what he's into just by watching his videos. he even said that he makes his videos for himself, so you can just guess by what he emphasizes in his videos. he also went to berklee

I found bent knee through him and they're pretty dope.

He fell for the relativism meme. He thinks Pop is objectively as good as classical and jazz. Common misconception of the postmodern mentality.

this is the only truth that has been said or will ever be said on this board

Are You trying to pull a Mozart?

It’s not working.

>objectively
>as good

Anyone can shitpost, how fascinating.

The dude's name dropped Igor Stravinsky, Maria Schneider, Colin Stetson before and in the SpecterSounds' YouTube musicians meetup video he said his favorite album is RATM's self titled. He also likes Ligeti enough to have seen a unique live rendition of poem symphonique. I personally like all these artists but you guys do with this info what you want.