*makes shitty music*

*makes shitty music*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HkxzQ9vhlA
youtube.com/watch?v=VN0rvZwTwRI
thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/john-mclaughlin-and-the-strat.1870124/page-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 Nirvanafags chimp out

who is adrian belew?

The kind of music it makes is absolute grunge.

Of course instruments make bad music, just like guns kill people.

so whats your point?

But David Byrne

yeah but he had a kahler, 3 pickups and different style switching. With the duo-sonic esque pickguard it barely looked like a mustang, more like a super strat

wtf it's good now

maybe now, but the mustang used to be cool as fuck before fender released the offset series for indie pop bandcamp dickheads

how's high school

I don’t like offsets either but Mahavishnu John played a Mustang on Bitches Brew.

when was that? when kurt cobain made them popular for generations of kids in the 90s?

you've convinced me to get one

Jaguar > Jazzdisaster > shitstang

youtube.com/watch?v=-HkxzQ9vhlA

jagstang but not really different

ok but why
i don't disagree with you btw

making music at all makes you special user. life's meaning is to create from nothing

John McLaughlin plays a Mustang on this track
youtube.com/watch?v=VN0rvZwTwRI

Guitar newblet here(1 year exp).Why are Mustangs a meme? Is it because of their pickups?

Short scale length makes them literally designed for children and indie rock bands play them instead of Strats to be ironic.

Are you sure? I know he played one on Bitches Brew but I thought he moved to a Les Paul by Jack Johnson.

it has the bite and the springyness of a Mustang. I'm also going from my experience playing the riff on a vintage Mustang and it sounded very similar.

this thread has some good pics and some anecdotes about his use of them Mustang around the time of Bitches Brew and Jack Johnson

thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/john-mclaughlin-and-the-strat.1870124/page-2

he played a duo-sonic, not a mustang.

>a 60s Fender Mustang is my dream guitar
>stumble across this thread

NIRVANA FUCKIN RUUULES YOU IDIOTS

having a "dream guitar" from the 60s is the cringe part

>stumble across this thread
This is the sad part. Leave this board, it's for your own good.

*makes the best music ever*

looks like a spaceship control panel

*records another shoegaze album*

Posting superior version

>tainting a single coil guitar with humbuckers
For what fucking reason? Just buy an Ibanez like the pleb you are

doing chugga chugga

>what is a coil split
It literally gets all the tones a classic Jag can get as well as humbucker tones and literally everywhere in between because the rolling knobs allow you to blend the single coil and humbucker tones, not just switching between one and the other. Not many guitars feature that option and it makes it an exceptionally diverse guitar.

If I bought a jag I would want it for the jaguar tone so why the fuck would I want the option for humbuckers??? Literally makes no sense. Oh and just because you can do a coil split doesn't mean you will get a classic jaguar tone, it's still not the same pickups. My friend has a les paul and the single coil tap on there sounds like hot trash.

The single coils sound great and it's what I use the majority of the time. I'm sure if I played it back to bag with a regular Jag I would hear some differences but I highly doubt they would be so great I would want to trade them out. I actually use the humbuckers enough that it's worth having them. Plus every video I've seen of people playing a classic Jaguar I hear ridiculous humming and I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that.

Also, don't act like putting humbuckers in a traditionally single coil guitar is some crazy taboo thing. How many great bands/artists have played Strats or Jags with humbuckers? Enough.

enjoy being shot in your retarded country btw

>

*fucks my sister*

Can literally hear You Made Realise when I look at this image (._.

lol

Exactly OP's point

weens guitarist only uses these

*makes great music*

Whats the official CHAD guitar?

Strat, Les Paul, SG or 335

An expensive made in USA one though, not a Squier or Epiphone equivalent.

Deaner uses a Strat 95% of the time and a Duo Sonic the other 5% you fucking Ween noob.

U mean dean Ween? This is false

stratocaster

Chad plays the ukelele

Chad will make even a cheap $100 guitar sound like the voices of angels
Only fags cling on to expensive brand names for showing off

nothing
guitars are for gays and losers

lol he plays a strat

using his bank account to hire a session player

Guitar music is on the way out?

I've owned one for nearly a decade

These and Jags/JMs are absolutely horrid instruments with fundamental design flaws

The trem is functionally useless and causes a myriad of issues (yes, even when set up "the right way"), and the switches accomplish what can be done with a 4 or 5 way switch while getting in the way much more.

Tone is primarily in the amp, you cannot tell why guitar someone is using with reasonable accuracy on a recording lol

The "jaguar tone" is literally just "the strat tone" but with a shorter scale length, which would make it slightly darker if not for the bridge pickup in a Jag offsetting it by being ice pick shrill.

They're essentially the same pickups, just with cute metal teeth so you feel cool.