Has anyone watched Dirk Gently's?

Has anyone watched Dirk Gently's?
How will season 2 play out if all of the weirdos are caught or dead, including Dirk?

A couple days ago actually. Fucking loved it.

Weirdos aren't going to stay caught, you ninny.

I couldn't watch past the first episode. It's total shit.

HIIIIIIIIIIII!!

Up to 6/8. I really didn't like it at first, but it's slowly growing on me.

Pilot of the BBC series is still the best thing ever, though.

I loved Wilfred, is it anything like that at all? I find awkward beta Frodo to be quite charming

Elijah Wood is a really good actor.

Any other shit of his worth watching? Only other thing I've seen him in is the Frodo Movie.

I haven't watched Wilfred, but he's more of a manipulative loser weakling Frodo in this.

>Has anyone watched Dirk Gently's?
Yes it was awesome.
>How will season 2 play out if all of the weirdos are caught or dead, including Dirk?
I have no idea.I am yet to read the book..books?

Maniac is dope

who knows

Okay, I'm watching, I finished episode 2 and I gotta ask.
Is Dirk gonna develop into something interesting? 'Cuz he's the weakest link in his own show.
It's clear that he's a parody of the Doctor Who/Sherlock British Whiz, the character that talks fast and is kinda annoying and arrogant but he's super charming and always right and all his faults are endearing?
But here it's legit, Dirk is just annoying and incompetent, so all those faults are just enraging. I just wanna punch this fag every time he does anything.
My point is that while there are some nice moments where it shows this is going somewhere, like when Todd and Amanda are playing and he imagines himself with them because he has no friends, and he gets sad when Todd pushes him out of helping Amanda, or even his monologue on how it's his duty to solve these cases. But that shit isn't really satisfying when you have to put up with his constant bullshit.

Anyway, the holistic assassin is interesting and she's getting some development,the incompetent police is funny, something is gonna go down with the sister with the ridiculous disease and I'm really digging the urban supernatural shit they're building. So I'll keep going.
But I really do just hate Dirk.

Love the books
Hated the series with a passion, the two are completely unrelated.
What they did to Dirk's character is a disgrace.

Yes, that was some cringeworthy shit.
It gets a bit better, though, and I managed to finish all of it.
Why did they go with some OC and not follow the plot of the books?

Yeah they ruined Dirk, in the books he's an older world weary sarcastic fat guy, that also happens to be pretty smart.
In the show he's le quirky gay englishman xDD

The show is unwatchable for me because of this.

Maybe they were afraid people would compare it to the BBC adaptation, which was at least 10x better.

I just finished it and wondered why there was no thread about it on Sup Forums, seeing as how it's kino

>How will season 2 play out if all of the weirdos are caught or dead, including Dirk?
If Landis has any idea about the books, which I think he has, we will not see a single character from season 1 except Dirk Gently himself. At least thats how it was from book one to two and two to twoandahalf.
Adams didnt even really resolve anything with the characters, too. They were just gone and replaced by different characters.

Faculty, directed by Robert Rodriguez.

Fucking loved it.
Fuck the source material. The Dirk Gently books suck tremendous balls. Started reading them because i love Hitchhikers series, couldn't get pass the second book.

Richard Mcduff turns up in the second book though, and Dirks secretary.

How pleb can you be?
I bet you're american.

kys

I may have to re-read them at some point.
Still the tone of the book changed completely, which I hope they do for season 2 as well.

there's some similarity

Why would you read the book if the creators of the show said they weren't going for a 100% adaptation?

THere's no way Elijah Wood and the other characters won't appear in it. Again, I haven't read the books, but everything I read is saying that they just took the name and a few base premises from it.

if you read the book you'll see it doesn't have even 1% in common with the show

>I have no idea.I am yet to read the book..books?
It's not based on the books, in the pilot when he mentioned "the bit about the sofa and the thing with Thor" they were indicating that the books happened in the past in this series.

If you want another version of the books there's the audiobooks, the radio series and the BBC TV pilot (ish), I'm glad they did something new because I've heard that story enough already

>if you read the book you'll see it doesn't have even 1% in common with the show
Don't exaggerate:

>Time travelling
>Breaking into a third floor apartment window
>"My convictions about the interconectedness of all things..."
>Psychic but denies it
>Pizza
>"How does a private detective know what it's not supposed to look..."
>Being hired by someone to investigate their murder before it happens
>"Follow someone who looks like they know where they're going"
>Mentions the sofa
>Mentions meeting Thor
>Soul-swapping schenanigans
>Svlad

just because he mentions the events does not mean it's close in any way in terms of feel or tone

I enjoyed it. but as a separate thing from the book.

Thats bullshit though. The way that random shit happens but over all always in favor of the main characters is exactly like in the books.
The entire premise of people tasked with something by the universe and thus made invincible is perfectly in line with the plots of the books even though in a yet different direction, just the like the books to each other.

First book is about an electric monk travelling to earth through a portal on some distant planet and later about a ghost trying to leave limbo.
Second one is about the god Thor stirring up shit.

>THE BEST PART OF WAKING UP
>IS ACID IN YOUR CUP