What was the first Zappa album you were exposed to?

What was the first Zappa album you were exposed to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RGQxI0G6mKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never and hopefully it stays like that

jazz fart

How many of those dudes you think she fucked?

Overnight Sensation

I am the slime was prominant in a vh1 top artists of hard rock list in the 2000s

Joes Garage

Chungas Revenge

Apostrophe, a friend of mine told me it was a good introduction to him

hot rats. sleep dirt was the album that started the obsession

was it?

Apostrophe I believe, either that or All about the money

Probably Hot Rats, which disappointed me at the time because I thought Zappa would be some weird freak.

Hot Rats. I wasn't a huge fan of it then and I'm still not, even though I'm a huge Zappa fag.

hot rats.

willie the pimp and peaches en regllia are classics.

They feel like the soundtrack to a 70's cop show

youtube.com/watch?v=RGQxI0G6mKk

just try to not picture yourself with a mustache on a high speed chase.

i dare you!

'

I couldn't tell you, my parents have a number of his albums on vinyl, and they would play them a lot. However the first one I listened to on my own was Freak Out.

Ye, it was nice and funny which made me want to listen to more of his stuff

Freak Out

I was 15 and I tried really hard to like it but eventually I realized Zappa was just an imitator who had to slather almost all of his music in irony to cope with the fact that it's almost all just a worse version of something else

my dad had pic related on vinyl when I was little
I think that image ate my soul

freak out is garbage. literally the worst intro to zappa ever.

I had first heard of Zappa learning about The Black Page so it was that. Then I listened to Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar because I was a budding guitar player at the time and thought it would be for guitar what The Black Page was for drums. Then I listened to Hot Rats and Joe's Garage after watching Zappa Plays Zappa. Shit I kinda miss discovering music before finding RYM and mu, sure it wasn't canonical but shit had mystique to it.

First one I heard was Freak Out. The second half hurt my ears, so I listened to Apostrophe, Hot Rats, and the Grand Wazoo and loved them all. Came back to Zappa's Mothers stuff about a year later and loved it. Been hooked ever since.

I don't remember, maybe Freak Out

you're missing out
all of them multiple times, I guarantee