Prog Hate Thread

Anyone else glad this ridiculous nerdy genre is completely dead in the 21st century?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aO0erLpktSE
youtube.com/watch?v=UNilsLf6eW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah

yeah, i mean get a load of this. i mean come on.

youtube.com/watch?v=aO0erLpktSE

The shit that people on this board say about growing out of metal at 15 applies to prog much more soundly

literally wank first before music second

Prog is a good gateway drug for teenagers so that eventually they will get into jazz and classical though.

i know right? so disgusting.

youtube.com/watch?v=UNilsLf6eW4

There's a handful of prog I still unironically like but everybody I've met who's big into prog is always a pretentious manchild

>implying the 21st century hasn't seen an outbreak of Japanese Zeuhl and Extreme Prog bands

I see nothing wrong with these songs. This is a stupid thread.

>Prog is a good gateway drug for teenagers so that eventually they will get into anime and video game OSTs though.
FIFY

I used to listen solely to video game and anime osts. Then, I got into prog, which got me into krautrock, which got me into ambient. Now I only listen to ambient.

this genre is so stupid. Its entire foundation is holding a sophisticated aesthetic and being next level but even prog gets stuck in your head and the next day becomes another song

He's a bitter manbaby trying to be ironic

what's your argument? that sophisticated music can't be catchy?

>le emotioness wank meme
Get over it alredy fags, prog is actually made by real musicians, unlike whatever teh shit punk/rap/post anything you listen to.

Perhaps the most important stage of musical maturity is leaving prog for krautrock

this :)

Prog is the fucking worst

>Perhaps the most important stage of musical maturity is leaving prog for slightly less shitter prog
????

i love prog :(

>Perhaps the most important stage of musical maturity is learning to love more than one genre, especially if they are as radically different as prog and krautrock are
ftfy