Why can't people admit he was horribly miscast as Peter Parker?

Why can't people admit he was horribly miscast as Peter Parker?

Is it just blind nostalgia?

Nothing about his character was consistent with the comics.

He fucking ruined those movies.

>muh comics

fuck off

Don't you comic fags have your own board?

who cares holy shit

Because actual Peter is a dumb punk who doesn't deserve his powers. Tobey does. That's why Garfield sucked.

I agree. He was way too mopey to be Peter, and Kirsten Dunst was nowhere near hot enough to be Mary Jane. They knocked it out of the park with the casting for the side characters and villains though. Aside from Topher Grace as Eddie Brock, that is. It's clear that Raimi gave no shits about Venom.

>muuuh comiiccsss

Shut thr fuck up nerd, in movies even flicks like Spiderboy characters need to be relatable and sympathetic dumb nerd.

What are you talking about? He was the perfect actor to portray the white-supremacist undertones of the movies.

>hot take
>movie is from 2002

>Why can't people admit he was horribly miscast as Peter Parker

I can
I was 7 when the movie was out and I was already a big fan of Spiderman cartoons and the comics (mostly Ultimate spiderman, but also Spectacular)

Fucking hated cinema peter like hell, I was truly mad after seeing the movie
Mostly because "not only it will get hugely popular, now everybody will think THAT's spiderman"
I was a fucking hipster purist at the age of 7

Reminder that Sup Forumsmblr kikes should be gassed.

describe the comic's Peter

James Franco should've been casted as Peter Parker

LITERALLY CIS scum

>actual Peter is a dumb punk ... That's why Garfield sucked.
you have no idea what you're talking about. comics Peter Parker =/= Tobey nor Garfield

Everything is better than the new twink though

>not muh comics
Get over it, nerd.

>defending bad casting

Is Tobey even considered good actor? I only saw him in Spider-Man and Great Gatsby and he seemes to me as boring, limited emotion scaled person in both roles.

Yeah, he only seems to know how to look confused and child-like. When he tries to have range and show any other emotions, he really just comes off as """"""acting""""""

>wanting everything to be 100% like the comics
Enjoy a black Spiderman taking over after Peter Parker dies

>Kirsten Dunst was nowhere near hot enough to be Mary Jane
DELET THIS

>TELL ALL THE NON-WHITE PEOPLE TO GET TO THE FRONT OF THE TRAIN

I disagree. I liked him as Peter.

>is black
>costume is also black

what did they mean by this?

He was the best. Raimi was the best. Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 are the most fun, heartwarming superhero movies ever made.

Toby spider was best spider

I had this fat chick who I was trying to pork at the time (literally can't get erect with fat girls anymore) tell me Garfield's Spiderman was better.

That's really all you need to know.

a million times this

Christ. The goodlooking, skateboarding, well dressed coldplay listening focus group tested hipster over the relatable tugboat? Damn

You know what, he's also gay.And a far better character than the Tobey Spider-Man.

This reply is yelling ''I'm an unintelligent American manchild.''

there is literally nothing wrong with being American

Maguire sucks. Jake Gyllenhaal should have been cast instead.

He's actually not gay.

This. Tobey's Peter Parker didn't quip enough

He had the best memes, OP. It's really that simple.

>serious Spider Man

No, he was perfect for Raimi's movies.

I personally thought he was pretty good in Seabiscuit.
In Spoil's of Babylon (which admittably is a bit of a hit and miss) he seems to make fun of himself and his acting chops

>being so angry that someone disagrees with you that you project your personal insecurities on them

wew

I thought he was much easier to watch than that skinny bitch hipster that played him in the reboots.

>Why can't people admit he was horribly miscast as Peter Parker?

No, its because people pissed off about the casting of a movie made over fifteen fucking years ago has to be in line with some of the dumbest shit to concern yourself about.
IT'S IN THE FUCKING PAST!
But you OP will remain a dumbass into the future regardless.
Can't change the past, but you can remain stupid as fuck forever.

Topher Grace was a pretty damn good ultimate Eddie Brock, who was the main source of inspiration for the movie, right down to being NTR'd by Gwen.

He was.

Garfield's Spider-Man and Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy in Raimi's setting and supporting cast would be the dream.

I can admit tht. He's shit.

I'd take Garfield over him any day of the week.

I think Holland is best for original high school spidey.

Literally better than the hack comics.

Pretty sure Venom was thrown in at the last minute, the rewrite required to do so is what led to the movie bing such a sack of shit.