This is the greatest thing ever!

A digital sampler/sequencer with digital effects. There is no way this machine is not becoming an all time classic.

When did it come out

this month

These roland toys will be forgotten as soon as the next hype starts.

You could do hit record using 100eur ubuntu system with free software.

i don't care about this either but digital sounds the exact same as analog

I'm not one of these vinylfags, but I think when it comes to synth and effects analog is the way to go. (I'm not saying that digital is useless.)

spend $700 for Roland's garbage when you can get a digitakt for basically the same price

Its two different worlds, you can't go crazy granular shiny otherworldy transformer clean shimmery surgically with analog.
It's all pretty rounded, fuzzy or dusty.

And you can't go deep/rich/organic/warm as good on digital as you can on real analog equipment.

I love both so much but I kinda feel like most digital hardware is useless. It's just vst's stuffed in a controller.

there was a thread on some synthesizer forum, maybe watmm?, where someone posted a recording from a juno 60 and a recording from a digital emulator of a juno 60 without saying which was which, and the ppl on the thread voted the emulator as being the "real" one and the analog version as being the emulation, and people were even saying the emulation sounded "warmer" etc.
idk from what i've seen it seems like the analog > digital thing is just in people's heads but i haven't actually used any analog synths so maybe i'm wrong

>808

epic
you're talking about the JU-06 maybe?
I've played that and a real Juno 106 and the only real different you notice when they aren't side by side is that the Juno is a little "buzzier" and the tuning drifts (also the chorus is not the same, but doesn't matter since you can run the JU-06 thru an external analog chorus anyway)

But that's because the Juno is one of the simplest synthesizers ever created and has software control anyway.

If you tried making a digital emulation of say, Jupiter 8 (which they did) it would sound like shit once you start using any of the more complex synthesis routings (which it does)

this

>Implying
Never underestimate nostalgia, ppl still pay $200+ for a MC-303 which should cost less than a Casiotone
Roland fanboys will fanboy

Enjoy the buggiest OS ever released, the software in that thing is a shitshow, 1 in every 3 will die sudden death just because, the other 2 will start randomly freezing on stage.
It had potential but even shitty Akai samplers get fixed with a firmware update, Electron just keeps fucking it up.

>the buggiest OS ever released

Are the presets any good?

it's a rompler, not a sampler

This does look pretty cool actually. I work with Reason 9 and it's great for making stuff but I have been thinking about how I could perform my music. I wonder if I could just do similar stuff through Reason anyway tho. I don't want to spend an insane amount of money on something I don't really need

lol, this is a joke right? What a piece of shit...

Ableton?

Reason is crap
Just get a cheap used Launchpad, ge the launchpad95 script, install a pirated version of Live and enjoy step sequencing for less than $100 (probably used LPs are cheaper these days)

>torrent a bunch of samples
>free
>buy a instrament
>cost an arm and a leg
>have to learn how to program it
>doesn't even have endless sounds like a torrented sound library

why the FUCK would anyone use this shit?

Most ppl spend money on hardware to avoid dealing with Win/Mac shit. If a piece of (expensive) hardware is less stable than a WinME running "Live 11 pre-alpha build" you shouldn't be buying it

That launchpad would maybe last a year before breaking. Ya gotta buy doubles (or even triples) if using old shoddy gear from ebay or something

I have the first version (the one that needs drivers), got it used for $40 3yrs ago.
Still works perfectly, only used it live once but made a lot of stuff and just have it laying around the house with no case or anything.
Considering most Sup Forumsfags don't leave their bedroom it should last a lifetime unless you use it with drumsticks or something
Had a Launch Control too and beat the shit out of that one on stage but eventually sold it.
The stock USB cables are absolute crap thou

>Considering most Sup Forumsfags don't leave their bedroom
>I am different from you.

No
you can add your own samples to it dumbass

same reason as most hardware, knob per function. but yeah, this drum machine is pretty weak

great.. it can do something my phone can do

wowie what a bargin

your phone has a terrible mic

>TR 8S, no mic at all

what then how does it sample anything? wouldn't buy

>durr my phone can d0 it
you are a dumbass, yeah your computer can send texts and make calls so why do you even own a phone?

it's overpriced but if it gets down to 400-500 used then it's worth having 4 roland drum machines + samples in a single 808-style sequencer box

usb

>then it's worth having 4 roland drum machines
but you don't get the 808, 909, 606....
all you get is samples, presets and some buttons, knobs and faders

holy shit you are a such a dumb faggot.

I don't even like Roland that much but why are you talking shit about something you have ZERO idea about? it has 808, 909, 606, 707 and 727 which pretty much covers what you would ever need, and they're not samples its virtual analog modelling. the samples are separate so you could add in sounds from other drum machines i.e. Linndrums or whatever the fuck you want.

Roland has been putting out nothing but garbage the past few years but this one looks pretty promising

You might be able to produce the same sounds, but the workflow of a hardware synth is different and it causes the user to make different decisions, plus it's more fun

Oh boy.
Virtual analog modelling =/= analog drum
So no you don't get all these machines, you get something equal to a plugin for your DAW.
If you would want to get 808, 909.. and not pay the $3-4k for the original the boutique line is the only way.

No shit you absolute fucking retard, I NEVER said you literally got a real 808 and 909 etc with this I was refuting the idea that "all you get is samples and presets" which is not true

how are you so fucking stupid, it absolutely boggles my mind.

Why even bother when this is coming out?

So you think this thing is promising why? What is it that makes it worth $700(?)?

you can add your own samples and it's original roland

the Miami sounded really bad for an analog 808 clone, even compared to the digital emulation on the TR08.

and even if it does sound like a real 909, it's kind of pointless unless it's like $700 or less because you could buy a Nava for that price

also, you don't get a variety of sounds the Detroit is just one drum machine while the Roland has literally any sound you want in it

because some people like hardware drum machines, the Roland-style interface, and might prefer ACB over samples.

and you (dumbass) again, are not reading my posts, where I said it's promising but only at a used price of 400-500

So you think it will be better than a DAW controller even though it can't do anything more (only less) than your computer since its 100% digital (except the analog output)?

well for one, the analog circuit modelling is not possible on PCs

and at this point you're not arguing against the TR-8, you're arguing against hardware sequencers in general. Why own a MPC when the computer can do the same thing? Because some people prefer the workflow and the reliability of being able to perform a show without everything tied to a laptop

also "DAW controller" is such a ridiculous concept, then you have two pieces of hardware instead of just one. Twice the cost and twice the space

>and you (dumbass) again, are not reading my posts
Dont even bother, he's probably a 12yr old "epic masterbaiter"

DAW =/= hardware
Its all about your workflow and taste, both are good

This -->I bought a few years ago some pocket operators from TE and some Korg volcas just for the workflow. Some people really want to be the next Skrillex. Generation Z is strange.

No it doesnt

#
Analog is different because it can produce more feedback. Its hard to explain unless you mess with both digital and analog gear. But basically digital gear will sound like R2D2 and analog will aound demonic when you use feedback. Thats why people who make heavy music like analog gear.

>there was a thread about this I swear, it went exactly in favor of my opinion

i kind of wish theyd do something new instead of releasing the same shit always

If you think about it, Roland hasnt made a drum machine + sampler since the MC-505 era. After the analog craze that started this decade there was a lack of proper samplers in the market, now that the Digitak, MPC Live and to some extent the OP-1 did well Roland is taking a shot, the SP-404A was a joke.
If it was cheaper I would probably get one

>OP-1 did well

I think it did quite well, why do you think it didn't?

I mean, nobody's forgotten the original tr8 yet

>babys first trolling
Here's your (you)s, now fuck off to /r9k/ or wherever you came from kid