The quasi cult-like worship of pop-mediocrities ala Björk symbolizes our Age of Narcissism-and-Hypocrisy whereby the...

The quasi cult-like worship of pop-mediocrities ala Björk symbolizes our Age of Narcissism-and-Hypocrisy whereby the most banal, infantile & dystopian money-grubbers are rewarded with Bitcoins for regurgitating the fantasies of teenage mentalities and tiresomely out-shocking for shock to make news.

Living in a lush forest with naked children running around is the stuff of a 13-year old mind, not a 52 year old who lays claim to being qualified to lecture the rest of us about the perils of Donald Trump & Brexit & whatever else pops into her vapid mind: i.e. she's displayed little-to-no-knowledge about any topic except herself. Björk's track-record for stating the obvious without any depth belies the truth that she's canny at "sticking her finger in the air"-- taking the popular "wind"-direction-- knowing what her cult-followers want to hear-- feeding it to them-- and sitting back, and raking-in-the-dosh.

Having wasted a few hours of my time which I'll never get back listening to the self-satisfying "Utopia"-- quite dystopian, if truth be told-- I had to laugh out loud. Björk isn't the most profound musician that she works hard to sell to poor dupes who desperately fall for the "genius"-scam-- it was repetitive & quite boring-- but I had to credit her with the talent for selling the notion that she advocates for "love" and "nature", when it's really another nefarious means to take pot-shots at her ex-hubby; lay-claim that she'll save us all from materialism; and, that getting "blissed" (lol!) is fun. What a sham!

Trump should hire her-- she's more "Trump" than Trump: a brash braggart whose claim to fame will ultimately be her penchant for self-adoration. And as far as Brexit is concerned, when the working & poor people are waiting in line for health care from an over-burdened NHS, she can fly-off on a private jet to Jamaica, forgetting about the plight of the suffering. Oh so Trump. I'm no fan of Trump or Brexit-- but worse is the sanctimony on-display by self-aggrandizing hypocrites who fail to show pity, or even understanding, of the poverty-stricken.

To be frank, if one is seeking "Utopia", one would be better off to take a walk in the park-- or even take the time to talk to a teenager-- one'll learn more and feel better.

Suck My Benis Feg xD

>bork will never bork you with her strap on
why even live

I want to suck on borks borker

Well, I guess if you are trying to say nothing in particular, say it in words that make you look smart. Or what exactly was your point?

Utopia is not really pop in any definition of the term, though I do agree it's mediocre

>banal
>infantile
>quasi
>unnecessary hyphens, em dashes, quotes
>semicolons
>ampersands

you are like a virgin with the english language blowing his load at the first touch, settle down

We must admit she has been very good at absorbing and recycling styles and techniques of modern music in order to impose her personality. If we wanted to analyze Bjork’s career, Madonna could indeed be taken as a model. In fact, Bjork’s strategy (rather than her sound) is the same as Madonna’s. If Madonna is the symbol of alternative, provocation, affront, in a word the punk aesthetics, then Bjork is the symbol of mainstream, alignment, compliance, in a word the return to middle-class values after the punk movement. Bjork does not upset the public, she entertrains it. If Madonna’s message was coarsely obvious, then Bjork’s is subliminal, but nonetheless in step with the mood of her days. Bjork can rely on a stunning voice and some creative arrangers. In the productions of both artists, music has a subordinate role.

Just do not exaggerate her merits. During the 1990s, countless black soul stars have made albums that relied entirely on electronic production instead of traditional instruments. In a veiled case of "blackxploitation", Bjork has adopted that idea and bent it to the intellectual aesthetic ideals of the European culture. Like all pop stars, she pretends to straddle the line between experimentation and commercial sell-out, when in fact she is simply advertising her "product" over and over again, the ultimate commercial trick. Just like Madonna at her (commercial) best. It is an insult to all the experimental musicians in the world to claim that there is even a bit of experimentation in this album.

Just like the Beatles before her, Bjork has made trivial pop music enhanced with studio wizardry. It's the studio wizardry, not the music, that people buy. And the tv-friendly image, of course. Anybody who thinks Bjork is a genius should try to listen at least to Solex. Let your ears, not publicity, judge.

These don't become true by repeating them often enough, no matter how much you wish so.

this, that hurt to read and not because it was somehow sophisticated

She managed to fail with a latex catsuit.

I should marry a 12-year-old

You're bashing modern bjork. Doesn't devaluate her '90s work though

>comparing Bjork to fucking MADONNA

absolutely delusional

>During the 1990s, countless black soul stars have made albums that relied entirely on electronic production instead of traditional instruments.

would love to hear a few examples of these artists who are better than Bjork, really curious that he didn't actually say who any of them were...

>Bjork has made trivial pop music

yea, Medulla and Biophilia and Utopia are totally "trivial pop music" on the level of Lorde or Lady Gaga...lmao..

>tv-friendly image

so wearing a strap-on and a vagina mask is acceptable on TV now?

>try to listen at least to Solex

Solex is a mediocre plunderphonics artist, how is she even comparable to Bjork.

>tfw you take the bait

this is the most based thing ive ever read. Fuck that cunt bjork and all the soyboy nu-males that worship her dumb cunt ass

OP here
I just copied this from the comment section of a guardian article on björk