Thoughts on the Master of Puppets album?

Thoughts on the Master of Puppets album?

What are YOUR thoughts, eh?

No, just music

It's fine.

To all Metal Bands, this is your target. Metallica's Master of Puppets is by far the best album of the 80s. From the Spanish Guitar intro of Battery, to the pounding drums in Damage Inc. this album is a joy to listen to. Cliff Burton's arrangements are flawless, Hetfield's Lyrics as top-notch, and Kirk's solos are perfect. If you want to start a Metallica collection start here.

Battery: 9/10 This song starts off slow with Spanish guitars, and then kicks into high gear, GREAT Opener.

Master of Puppets: 10/10 This song on control and being controlled is such a great song, from the beautiful solos to the memerable chorus this song owns all.

The Thing That Should Not Be: 10/10 This Dark, Evil song is based on the writings of Horror master H.P. Lovecraft (recomend checking out his novels!) This is a must to listen to at night with the lights off.

Welcome Home (Sanitarium): 10/10 Song about being trapped in a Mental Institution and longing for freedom.

Disposable Heroes: 10/10 This beast is about the horrors of fighting in the front lines of a war and not being able to get out of it, from the march-like drums to Cliff's superb bass playing, this song is one of the best on the album.

Leper Messiah: 9/10 Song about Corrupt Evangelical Ministers, the weakest song on the album, rumor is that Dave Mustaine helped write this song before he was kicked out. Weakest song on the album

Orion: 10/10 Beautiful Instrument, Cliff's Masterpiece

Damage, Inc.: 10/10 The Closing song on the album, and my fav. Damage is an awesome song that helps close out a Masterpiece with a bang.

Kill 'Em All was better, but Master of Puppets is a close second.

Really good, but Sanitarium and The Thing That Should Not Be are too slow.

I just listened to the remastered version and I cannot hear any difference from the 1991 cd reissue, althoug the remastered was a 320kbps download, do I really need flac? or there is no noticeable difference?, no meme answers please, I also unironically think that they should release the riff tapes from lightning and justice

Ride The Lightning is better

It's really good. I don't mind that it's not thrash.

a great fucking record.

>best
orion
>runner up
sanitarium
>worst
leper messiah
>overrated
title track
>underrated
the thing that should not be

I agree with this completely, even if it is largely due to my boner for 90s ID Software and DOOM.

Thrash Metal is shite. Kill yourself.

Ride the Lightning is better but Master is a close second

both deserve 10/10 probably

>Leper Messiah
>weakest song on the album

Fake news

Honestly if you don't know what to listen for in a master you probably won't notice any difference. Everyone buys remastered as if the original master was bad by any means, its just mastered for digital release this time instead of analog which is mostly gonna do with dynamics. Or maybe your setup just isn't good enough to highlight the differences.

Not assuming you don't know what things to listen for in a master but I work in a recording studio and the number of clients who misuse the word master or don't have a good understanding of what happens in the mastering stage is like, a lot.

Everything between No Life Til Leather and The Black Album is GOAT!

Last Tallica album i thoroughly enjoyed

MoP

MOP is overrated and mediocre at best

>>overrated
>title track
Why do contrarians do this?

Classic Metal album, so there's really little point thinking there's a need to pick it apart 30+years later.

By far the most overrated metal album, and in general one of the most overrated albums of all time. KEA, RTL and AJFA are all better.

Because they think ripping on a classic makes them special

just explore the metal genre a little bit, just a bit, and you'll realize why people say that.

I'm sure I've been buying & listening to metal before you were born... I don't need to "explore the metal genre" keep going on your YT recs

KEA, yes. The other two, not even close. AJFA has a horrendous mix and is overwrought to the point of exhaustion.

>MOP is overrated
Yes, this is true.
>mediocre at best
Patently false and you know it.

better than KEA, not better than RTL

>overrated
>doesn't put Orion
Call Of Ktulu and Amnesia are better.

>The Thing That Should Not Be
>Good

this

>Best
Disposable Heroes
>Runner Up
Damage Inc
>Worst
The Thing That Should Not Be
>Overrated
Orion
>Underrated
nothing is underrated on this album

and for rtl

>Best
Trapped Under Ice
>Runner-up
Ride the Lightning
>Worst
Escape
>Overrated
Fade to Black (still a great song)
>Underrated
Fight Fire with Fire

explain in more detail please, I only have some hd430 by sennheiser so they might not be good enough, although with them I was able to listen to the bass track in all their records up to the black album which was impossible to me 15-20 years ago when I first pick them up