What would the 2010’s equivalent of Disco Demolition Night be like, and what genre would be destroyed?

What would the 2010’s equivalent of Disco Demolition Night be like, and what genre would be destroyed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty
youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it would obv be the destruction of white male music

Trap rap and everyone is burning an effigy of soundcloud

probably rap being destroyed by entitled white males

A bunch of fat, rainbow haired dykes and black girls with unkempt afros burning various metal, indie and rock "classics" that are commonly linked with masculinity or beloved by specific kinds of dude, to maximize the bootyblast.
We live in a toilet world and are receptors to constant metaphysical diarrhea and we're all just waiting to get fucking flushed down six feet under. Someone fucking kill me. Jesus, take the wheel and let this van go up in fucking flames.

Rock isn't popular this decade so it really doesn't compare to disco demolition

This. Trap rap is everywhere now the same way disco was in the seventies. It’s actually not that hard to compare the two genres in terms of popularity.

Plus there's no fucking way a Disco Demolition Night would work in 2018, it would instantly be spun into an alt-right thing because you know it would be Trap Demolition Night and it would get meme'd and would be ultimately ineffective.

correct, though it'd probably be good fun

I would go to Trap Demolition Night. Sounds like it would be one heck of a party.

Reggaeton Demolition Night when?

where would this theoretical trap demolition night be hosted? what would the official name be?

Oh shut up you only hear reggaeton for a short period of time it's always a car driving by and it's BOOMING it
Quit being such a gringo bro

lol at the rock babies. no one, let me repeat, no one actually gives a fuck about rock anymore. no, they're not trying to avoid it, it's not jealousy, it's not actively try to erase. people just dont. care. it's not malicious, there's no conspiracy, there's no secret plan.

people
just
don't
give
a
fuck
about
rock

Reggaeton pop is annoying, but it’s not a huge cultural mainstay like trap rap is, so it doesn’t really warrant a demolition night.

t. assblasted trap baby

Tell that to the millions of people that are fed up with trap rap and want it to stop.

i don't care about trap either lmao

you didn't get the point satan, sure trap is winning, but they don't care about rock, they're not trying to erase it, it's people find rap cooler so they're gravitating more towards it than rock.

Okay kid, I'll stop making fun of trap if it makes you feel any better

...ok?

Was Disco Demolition Night the most heterosexual night on earth?

Wait, what, Sat-... ?
Oh. Whoops.

It’s got some competition, but it’s up there.

And you're missing the point as to why Rock is fading out of the mainstream. It's not that the new generation is woke about how shitty rock is or something, it's just that there's been virtually no advances within the genre within the current decade. Every previous decade has had some kind of innovation or sub genre pop up out of the works, even if its a really shitty ones like post punk or wannabe nu metal. No one knows what to do with rock at this point and the only ones doing anything inventive at all with it are underground musicians that only genuine music fans pay attention too. Meanwhile rap is on the opposite side of this and is evolving even among the mainstream spectrum. It's not a point of quality or even interest, its just that rap has more momentum and possibility at the moment

What's the competition? Some Nazi ritual BS?

Nah, probably something along the lines of an ancient Greek battle or something like that.

>hey guys everyone dressing the same and rapping over the same trap beat over and over again for 5 years now is sooooo innovative
>hey guys, kendrick lamar is soo innovative, no he isnt just hopsin with a better PR team

Beyoncé Demolition Night and poptimism (not a genre but whatever)

>ancient Greece
>heterosexual
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

you're saying the same thing i did from a different angle, pseud

>ancient Greeks
>heterosexual

Beyoncé Demolition Night would trigger a second Civil War.

Why do people say young people dont want rock when there are literally like millions of young people in youtube comment sections lamenting they werent born back then

Oh my.

And that's why we have the hero we need

youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4

>No one cares about rock
>No one is doing anything with rock

These statements aren't completely synonymous

Statement B leads to stagnation>less coolness>statement A
it's not that hard

people still fall for the disco is bad meme?
that event was just unironically plebeian wypipo mad other people were enjoying their own genre

I don't think it was bad at all, but by 1979 mainstream disco was ubiquitous, really over the top and moved further and further away from funk to become baroque and bad torch-songs. The music industry really exploited disco to the hilt and it wasn't just white people at that rally

I think this is what OP was getting at with the “2010’s version of Disco Demolition Night” thing. Trap rap’s percieved unstoppable popularity is almost exactly like that of the seemingly unstoppable popularity disco had back in the late 70’s, which is why a natural repeat of events might take place.

it wont happen because everyone is lazy and stays home and p4k will accuse you of racism if you dont listen to nigger fart sounds

That’s the especially funny thing, though - when Disco Demolition Night was about to take place, a bunch of liberals protested the event, saying it was racist against black people. It’s almost like we’ve come full circle.