Parents speaking in another language you don't understand

>Parents speaking in another language you don't understand
Anybody have this feel?
And yes, I am chi.

How does that happen? Don't you learn spanish in school?

Also yes, sometimes they switch from Urdu to Punjabi to be rude to me, but then I get them back when I speak Spanish to the gardeners.

why didn't they teach you spanish?

why didn't you learn spanish? are you ashamed of yourself or too stupid?

How exactly are you getting back at them by talking to some other people in Spanish?

>How does that happen? Don't you learn spanish in school?
I did take two spanish classes in high school, but public education is not effective
>why didn't they teach you spanish?
I don't know, they always just talked to me in english and never thought about spanish with me
>why didn't you learn spanish? are you ashamed of yourself or too stupid?
At this point, I am ashamed, and I am stupid

I mean same thing happened to me. I took 4 years but then I noticed myself getting rusty and decided to make a concerted effort to post on Spanish forums online to practice, watch mexican t.v. and movies, and go to mexican restaurants etc.

Also it's you're parent's fault they didn't teach you, don't feel ashamed, but you can right their wrongs.

I do it in front of them? Isn't that the whole concept of language bullying?

>mom from vietnam
>dad from china
>both scream at me in their native languages and I only know some chinese
>my english sounds like a 2nd language because I learned from people who barely speak it

How do they communicate with each other?

Also
>chinese
Mandarin?

>my english sounds like a 2nd language because I learned from people who barely speak it
Oh boy that is especially JUST

Only when I was very young and didn't yet properly understand English.

It's ok user, you're American, be proud of that and make it mean whatever you want it to mean. Don't be ashamed and don't call yourself stupid, learn Spanish only if you actually want to.

>I don't know, they always just talked to me in english and never thought about spanish with me
You are just slow in the head man. Take things easy

This faggot is not me btw

They speak english together but it's still pretty bad somehow

>Mandarin?
yes

I do want to learn spanish but I feel overwhelmed by the whole concept of rethinking everything with different words

Mexican bros were right, CHI's are stupid by nature

>You are just slow in the head man.
Wh-what?!

Sh-shut up! A-aztlan rise....

And how the fuck am I impersonating you?

Just take it easy, do learn to speak English with fluidity first tho, you need that

How could you not pick some words and then some articles and do the math man. It's language, it has rules, you don't even have to invent shit, is there. Fucking hell

I speak english just fine! It's the only language I know!

Limpieza de LOS when?

You guys are just not woke to the son of immigrants feels. I'm supposed to know both the languages of my parents' land and English/Spanish all the while understanding the culture of my parent's country of origin while not living there.
It's not like that. Languages are methodological, Spanish especially so. If you've already taken two classes it will be easy to pick it up if you actually practice with real people while you learn.

Trying to understand someone speaking is hard
And learning thousands of words is hard
And living is hard

Why would you need to learn Spanish if you're not CHI?

I live in California. Every service job says Spanish preferred.

Some words: casa, arbol, puerta, ventana, roca
Some articles: la, el, lo
Combinations: la casa, el casa, lo casa; la arbol, el arbol, lo arbol; la puerta, el puerta, lo puerta, ad nauseam. By trial and error you are bound to get half of them right in a period of 3 years. Give me a fucking break. If you have castillian speaking parents, and you don't speak castillian is because you are lazy af (CHI) or slow in the head (burger).

B-but they don't speak castillian/spanish to me

>castillian
kys

>to the gardeners.

>frijoles

Everyone from meme ethnicity in Russia teaches their kids their meme language. If meme ethnicity like bashkir or chuvash and even dare i say "ukrainian" can why chicano can't?

I'm not OP but,
>lo
Isn't lo/it technically a pronoun not an article? or is it considered both.
Also
>castillian
lol

t. Bruce Butifel

Hm...
>Everyone from meme ethnicity in Russia teaches their kids their meme language.
Maybe because some immigrant parents don't teach their fucking chicano kids their language?

I wasn't being technical. And you're right. You need to add an s. And lo is not a pronoun. Lo is not a word. And yes, castillian is the proper name.

I wish I was a gardener, low pressure job, working outside, easy to stay fit, maybe even a chance to meet some qtie lonely milfs or grab some beers with the guys after work

>grab some beers with the guys after work

>lo is not a word
What do you mean. lo as in it. like: "lo tengo" I have it.

Am I missing something? Does chilean Spanish not have "lo"?

"lo" is an object pronoun. "I said it" = "yo lo dije"
unless I'm crazy

>backbreaking labor in terrible weather conditions
yeah sounds great