I dont get it

Why do people say this is so great?

Listen to it again

slowdive-s/t is better

because DUT DUT DUT DUT VREEEE VROOOOWW my nigga

Layers. Listen to it louder. Preferably if you're depressed or female.

The songs would be good without all that noise over top

It feels like being wrapped in a nice warm blanket and drinking a cup of hot cocoa.

album cover communicates how the music sounds for once

or a soyboy haha kek

More like playing Merzbow loudly and the Beatles quietly at the same time

incredibly innovative and insane effects hazing all over (in a good way) well written memorable tracks

>he doesn't get it

DUT

>incredibly innovative
I guess they were the first band to do their recording while the maid was doing the vacuuming

I never understand this comparison. this album doesn;t sound comfy to me at all. it sounds cold and harsh if anything.

Honestly, I would give it another listen or two because once you get accustomed to the vacuum timbres, it'll click and you'll instantly fall in love with the sound. I find the album strangely calming despite some of the chaos that sometimes crops up here and there within the layers. That being said, it's not for everyone, but I do sincerely hope that you can get to hear it the way others who love this album hear it

Baby's first noise pop album

because it is

cuz it is
i can't stand it anymote tho

keep listening. on round three i liked it. By round five i couldn't stop listening

It sounds more comfy when your life isn't comfy

listen to souvlaki then listen to loveless and if that doesnt work then dont listen to it at all

Personally, for the most part I just kinda dig the way it sounds.

Its critical acclaim can be explained by its innovative approach to the rock guitar that had a major impact on the alternative music scene for years to come.

If you can't appreciate this album for what it brought to the table you're either a pleb or a massive contrarian.

Really depends on your mood.

Listen to it when you're in the mood to just stare at your ceiling for an hour and it will click.

Slowdive so so so overrated, it hurts

This album would have been a masterpiece if no drums were recorded.

not op but after reading this im gonna give it another go

It’s more than that and very much a masterpiece. What do you think the top noise pop albums are though?

the layered noise is what makes this album. i think the melodies are very overrated. sure they are pretty but that guy comparing them to the beatles is tripping hard. also kevin shields generic singing brings the album down a bit. still a classic. 8,5/10

Sometimes feels like a warm hug. The trick is to listen to it loud, so that you can pick up on the subtler/quieter layers. The track simulates a sort of heartbeat in the low end frequencies

This so fucking much