rateyourmusic.com/~asadv
youtube.com/watch?v=hzTJV0yBS5s
rateyourmusic.com/~MoonManOtto
rateyourmusic.com/~JamesCairns
letterboxd.com/grimescuck/films/by/member-rating/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I kind of like the simple formatting of RYM honestly

rateyourmusic.com/~Prismadoll

Waiting to listen to that 666 album with a friend of mine when we both get the time. 2 and a half hours, the most bizarre thing I've found crate digging

I'd probably be close to Entropyblob

mookid is a good lad, tho

rateyourmusic.com/~Treezus

im a pleb plz give me warm and drone-y music

Update the chart, op.

Why haven't the top rankings been updated in almost a month? They were updated the day Twin Fantasy 2 came out and hasn't changed since. AAL should definitely be in the top 5 right now.

hello m friends
rateyourmusic.com/~telemaque

>its 2018 and prismadoll is still the first person to reply to rym threads
beautiful

is there any word at all on sonemic's development? were we conned?

what's your favorite song on house arrest

>what's your favorite song on house arrest
i love every track but probably higher and higher, whats yours?

either helen or youtube.com/watch?v=0uXuNPPuh8Q this phil spector throwback

& spells "Genius" wrong each time

why is "nihilistic" so often used to describe stuff on rym? i've never seen it used in the context of music before and on rym it's fucking everywhere.

rym is full of pseuds

Eh, I'm not always here

both great choices
the point is that youre sometimes here

bump

update when

rateyourmusic.com/list/AntiScaruffi2/the-worst-rym-users/

rateyourmusic.com/~asadv

My greatest allies: Turkey_Beard, HorseMouth, King_Fahtah, ethacetin, samketchup, deadmellotron, Eskahndor, Akuochi_Hime, SabbathBloodySabbath, FutariSaison, antreas72heep, teninchshrimp, XavierDeLaTrascendencia, BBozeman, spickelope, PlsSenpai, GrindcoreKaraoke (R.I.P.), beecord (R.I.P.), Kojiri (R.I.P.), IronPriest666 (R.I.P.), Lord_Ghoul (R.I.P.)

youtube.com/watch?v=hzTJV0yBS5s

~Herbieguy
I actually have a list-project coming up that I'm doing with a friend of mine.

Nigger music

Where is the soyboy slayer Qwerty100

mfw sonemic will launch in your lifetime

>implying motown isn’t the music that would save the modern black community from further degradation

I am not that evil, wtf.

This chart needs to be updated for 2018.

For starters, straubien and B0SS4D311iC no longer have accounts there, so we'll never know how they felt. There should also be a check to make sure there aren't any other dead accounts.

Where would I fit on that list?

rateyourmusic.com/~MoonManOtto

embarrassing scaruffi drone

I'm not actually that much of a scaruffi drone, though part of the reason I have so many of his favorites in my top is because I decided I would listen to all his top albums and I tended to like most of his recs.

>straubien and B0SS4D311iC no longer have accounts there,
straubien made a new account (~landscapesuicide)

Also, cosmictones is now lad. Changed his username.

this attempt to seek validation from strangers is pretty thinly veiled
Are you people making up for the fact that you feel inferior to others, attempting to salvage your broken ego by creating this false 'cultured' persona?
You people building an online identity from your music scores is no less vapid posturing than normies creating a false picture of their 'exciting' life on instagram.

Where do you think you are? Sup Forums has no interest in music beyond its use as social capital. They consume enough music where their ability to appreciate art atrophies gradually and the main goal is to just listen to more obscure stuff.

They are remarkably in love with off-kilter pop music for a board full of people who take pride in their passion for experimental music, and arguments here quickly devolve into interminable baiting between "it sucks" / "no, it's good" / "no, it sucks" because nobody has any basic knowledge of music theory or ability to articulate their opinions beyond "feels."

The few informed listeners of academic music spend their time signaling to the rest of the board and use their taste as leverage to get fifteen minutes of online pseudo-notoriety.

Sup Forums consists of people who aren't as weird as they like to think but use their ample free time and piracy to invest in a hobby that makes them feel special or sophisticated, allowing them to compensate for their lack of social skills and failures in concrete or academic pursuits.

The biggest irony is that the vast majority of Sup Forums is a hivemind ruled by a handful of online tastemakers mostly concerned with maintaining a balance between supporting "alternative" pop that will appeal to misunderstood teenagers and maintaining street cred among bored college students who constantly torrent "experimental" music for their mild amusement, negating the cultivation of individual taste or critical thinking in relation to music.

It's a feedback loop of posturing, masturbatory attitudes, and enough layers of irony to suffocate any hope of meaningful conversation. This last element--irony--is vital to allowing Sup Forums and similar collectives to ignore the reality of their situation and disregard posts as this one with little more than tongue-in-cheek one-word responses.

Deep down you all know you're going nowhere in life and this is all a farce.

big if true

why are so you so racist sal? honest question

rateyourmusic.com/~JamesCairns
I wish I was a girl.
>Ahampe
>cosmictones
>I'm still grouped together with mookid and riceshoes
Somebody update this shit.
Is it called "Jazz That I Think Is Really Obscure And Underrated Because It's Not Davis, Coltrane, or Hancock"?
>Destroyer
>Steely Dan
>Stereolab
>various hypnogogia
Do your hobbies include recreational opioid consumption and trilby collecting?
Yes.

We don't have too much in common, although you have a soft spot for Type O Negative, which is good.

t. asadv

He certainly isn't

letterboxd.com/grimescuck/films/by/member-rating/

talk about "never interacted with cinema outside of rym"

>concern for a community plagued by single mother households, gang violence and victim mentality is somehow racist

post of the week
not that the competition is stiff

>concern

>I wish I was a girl.
do some research on vaginal dilation and this will hopefully go away rather quickly

why do rym "people" all have the same taste in film? as i was moving ahead, the man who sleeps, angel's egg, the woman who powders herself? makes you think....... genuine oddity..........

you’re damn straight nigga
do you have any black friends IRL? most of mine have fucking terrible home lives. it’s awful.

most people get their taste from a select group of users, namely straubien (now landscapesuicide), moltenhorror, Eye_Shaking_King, etc... similar to the rymcore canon of music, there is (an arguably even more striated) field of rymcore cinema

S "nationalism is good" al

nationalism has many branches; not right to totally denounce it.

People think they know what it means and apply it to everything

If you actually look past the first page, you'll realize why your post doesn't make any sense.
Also, likely because nobody who signs up for a site called "Rate Your Music" (emphasis on fucking "Music") is thinking "wow, now I can channel my love for cinema through an appropriate platform!"

literally not one thing there isn't rym

Is Adam Sandler RYM-core now?

Yeah but the thing is all of these movies are good

the truth is that even outside of rym most cinephiles have similar taste. i mean, most everyone agrees that people such as Bresson, Mizoguchi, Ozu, Epstein etc are masters of the medium. many of the rymcore films are acclaimed by cinephiles in general (Jonas Mekas is one of the most famous experimental filmmakers of all time)

if white nationalism is the first thing you think of when you think of nationalism then you may just be a MSM sheep

rymers tend to be one or two picks bizarre picks they can point to
you even have meangirls

>not liking mean girls

>not liking mean girls [2]

but that's literally his entire 'taste'
no griffith
no demille
no ford
no hawks
no demille
no murnau
nodreyer

It is sad and infantile approach to cinema

Mean Girls is a legitimately good movie though. Literally the only good 2000s teen movie. Almost every line is a quotable.

The current state of rym

Not an argument

Angel's Egg is a music film

A quick rundown so far for the new list.

straubien is now landscapesuicide

cosmictones is now lad

Ahampe is now Organum

Dead/Suspended accounts: doru649, B0SS4D311iC, katelynn

Inactive: facewheel

did he bully you or something

um those are all old white and racist
try again sweetie

One of the issues with rym, and anti-rym is that they both simotaniously want people who have unique taste and personalites but also who are ernist and that doesn't really exist. Like sure maybe liking John Coltrane might be cliche and uninteresting but hs's legitimately good and much better than other more obscure artists in jazz. You can spam Anthonty Braxton or some even more obscure or cooler artist, and create your own "core" and shit on people for liking scaruffi or fandango or p4k.

The reaction to rymcore and the pretentiousness that comes with it is even more pretentiousness like Basically, if someone has to start disliking music or art that they like because it's too cliche or of another's personality to like it then they are the real special snowflake psueds. (Note how often users on neo-rym will completely change opinions on favorites constantly, Sup Forums that shits on rym does this too.

Why the fuck would it have to be “obscure” for me to make a backlog out of it. It was just a genre I was interested in. You’re making up an argument for nothing.

are you trying to imply Anthony Braxton (the most important jazz musician after the 70s) is obscure?

bad satire!

No, I just like picking on you because you're an idiot and you make responses like this one. lmao
Stopped reading at "simotaniously"

Not obscure, but more obscure than coltrane. The problem is being obsessed with creating a personalized music canon is that in order for it to be unique you have to cut out a lot of truley great music, just because it's not cool, or too trendy to like it.

Stopped reading? Well then not interested in discussion I guess

>his favorite Chaplin isn't monsieur verdoux / limelight / new york

You just like harassing me. Got it.

even the most contrarian RYM user would loathe to categorize Coltrane as bad. in fact, nearly every prominent user rates him highly. I'm not really sure what you're getting at

how are these threads always 3x more autistic than I remember them being

Yes.

Maybe Coltrane isn't a good example, but you see a lot of users inflating scores of things that are generally more obscure, less interesting versions of more popular things.

>simotaniously
>ernist

Presuming you're college-educated, these errors are elementary mistakes. Also, your post reads like a 5th grade essay.

Bitch You Wasn't With Me On The Steve Hoffman Forums

I'm writing on my phone, also you can't actually attack my points of view because they are right

Holy fuck, man. Learn to quit while you're ahead.

nationalism in moderation is actually a great source for self-achievement/actualization
i was an emaciated, depressed, drug-using twig before donald trump came into the picture and inspired something very deep and profound in me. long story short i gained 50 pounds in muscle, stopped using drugs and alcohol and i feel pretty damn good.

nationalism in moderation is actually a great source for self-achievement/actualization
i was an emaciated, depressed, drug-using twig before donald trump came into the picture and inspired something very deep and profound in me. long story short i gained 50 pounds in muscle, stopped using drugs and alcohol and i feel pretty damn good.

This is baby logic, man

Sal has stretch marks on his forehead due to his b i g b r a i n.

stupidest post non-EU 2k18

>donald trump came into the picture and inspired something very deep and profound in me
lmao

i expected a counter-argument and came out disappointed
leftists just cannot hold their own in my experience

inb4 that was the best i have changed

Past* auto-correct

>leftists
Try again

Why hold a phone with someone that says something like "donald trump came into the picture and inspired something very deep and profound in me"?

I'm a liberal, btw, not a leftist

Why the fuck did I get tagged in that?

well, in a way he did. he introduced me to general nationalism, which served as great inspiration for self-improvement. what's the problem here?

regardless, why have arguments at all if someone says something you don't like? obvious deflection tactic.

We don't even disagree, why don't you just kill yourself?

ugh, it's ya boy, skinny penis