I like this album

i like this album

I like turtles

me too

bump

tortoises are cooler

AUMNG

is damo suzuki the most genius vocalist?

It’s literally the doors s/t but manages to be even more boring. Now that’s a fucking achievement

best album ever made desu

No you don't

based turtleposter

what' that?

TURTLES HAVE A SHORT LEGS
NOT FOR WALKING

It's great, but I like pic a bit better.

Tago Mago: 9.5/10
Ege Bamyasi 9/10
Future Days 10/10

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

you're childhood was awesome if you remember this meme

Side 1's not bad.

Last three songs are hella trash though. Holger was terrible with using electronics for the longest time.

Ok

King of the plebs

Nah dude, they aren't well written, not that atmospheric, not even that experimental.

>thinking improv drone is pre written
>30 mins of non structured rock with incoherent screaming and harsh ambience in 1971 isn’t experimental
>he doesn’t find anything atmospheric in either aumgn or peking

Tbh you have a trash opinion. The second half 100% makes tago mago the classic that it still is today. It still is fresh and damos screaming genuinely makes me uncomfortable.

Dude it's obviously copying superior electronic and free jazz musicians of the two decades before Tago. Only people who think of that second side as some masterwork are those that don't actually listen to the experimentation of that time.

No it’s using those genres as influences and turning them on it’s head into a unique take on prog rock / krautrock. Hence why most of the members of can were part of that free jazz and avant scene in the 60s.

That's great, and those are terrible takes on putting those together. Not because I am some pleb who can't into harsh weird experimental shit, but because they are boring as fuck.

>You know what would really add to these songs? RANDOM NOISES AND BACKWARD VOCALS LOL

I mean you are at one hand saying can is ripping off early experimentation in the avant- grade and then not realizing they studied under freaking stockhausen lmao.

Future days is better

So what if they did? Doesn't mean that Holger's attempts at more experimental electronic weren't boring as fuck. Jaki was in Manfred Schoof's group, one that loved crazy drumming parts in free jazz that obviously influenced side 2 of Tago. Doesn't mean they were done well on Tago. Those were boring as shit, too. Having great teachers doesn't imply you'll be anywhere near as good as them.

the point i am making is that you are clearly talking out of your ass.

you initially stated that Can were "obviously copying superior electronic and free jazz musicians of the two decades before Tago" without realizing that the musicians made up of Can were literally in that scene.

I can't argue subjectivity so I won't bother. Calling something "boring" anays is undoubtedly the lowest common denominator of criticism. not to mention, the post i'm responding to reads like you realized you were incorrect about Can's background so you ran over to their wiki page to retrace your steps. Whatever, stay pleb.

I don't see how you can't copy others while not being part of the scene. Like, side 2 is often considered this amazing super innovative thing when it really isn't. Which is why I literally mentioned it. It's just Tago fags trying to justify really awful music.

I have talked to this in depth before, go to rbt and most mentions of Manfred Schoof is probably from me shitting on the drums on those tracks. It's uninteresting crap that only caters to people who are easily impressed by how something sounds on the surface.

boring shit
Future Days was good tho

Halleluwah is one of the greatest song of all time.

It's like a prototype for hip-hop in a lot of ways

switch tago and ege and you're correct