5. Logan Forsythe (R) 3B
6. Austin Barnes (R) 2B
7. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
8. Rob Segedin (R) 1B
9. Yu Darvish (R) P

I smell RISP

LOGAN

Holyshit forsythe

bellinger got greedy and made himself look like a fool striking out to a 6.5 era pitcher

>dodgers
>a literal fucking HIT with RISP

>tfw everyone here has been calling him Forshit
>Been defending him and calling him a pleb filter (he is)
>things have been going his way these past few games

Whyd you bros turn on him because of 1 very unfortunate error?

that's their usual MO against high ERA pitchers. swing for the fences and get shutout

It wasn't that. It was the fact that he wasn't batting for shit for 4 months out of the season.

Every at-bat was almost guaranteed to be a minimum of 7 pitches. Very valuable for a manager and all the other players.

7 pitches followed by some really clutch double plays lol go back to r/dodgers you fuckin mo mo

Not sure what that is, but I'll just assume you're a Giants fan and move on.

I want in-n-out.

no nigger just someone that hates guys hitting below 230 getting any sort of slack for being dogshit. Last year Forsythe was great for the Rays and even showed some power but this year, are you fucking kidding me?? With barely 10 games left in the season hes hitting 228 with 4 homers and his defense isnt exactly worth the cargo.

fuck you im starving i didnt need to remember that in n out exists

If you are in LA and not afraid of black neighborhoods/ghettos, then Hawkins has the best burgers in the city.

What's your usual order, bros?

>Double Double with grilled onions
>Animal style fries
>Strawberry milkshake

i honestly dont get the craze over in n out. It really doesnt taste much different, and the fries are good but not any better than other fast food chains.

I'd rather just go to Carl's Jr
And I live in garden grove

had a cheeseburger and fries for lunch today it was breddy good
noted, will try

can this friedman guy shut the fuck up

>Double Double w/grilled onions and chopped chilis
>Usually normal fries unless i feel animal style
>gallon of lemonade

Also Friedman needs to shut up now.

I switched to the SD stream because of the fucking interview

Will we ever be SPECIAL again?

be honest doyerbros, before the slump how would you answer the question of whether they could win it all, and now after the ass whooping they been getting as well as Seager very likely going into the post season with a hurt elbow, how confident are you that they can get past the diamondbacks?

>tfw no Joey D in the playoffs because FS1 carries the ALDS
>Joe Buck instead
fuggg

joe buck really isnt as awful as people say he is, at least not lately, and by not lately i mean i actually liked his calling of the NLCS and the world series last year. Really improved

Every year this team gets my hopes up only to be shot down in the worst possible way. I predict only the same this year. I initially thought we could do something, but with the way they've been playing i just can't put what little faith i have in this team.

iffy, but still in favor of los doyers, hopefully seager will heal when we have to face the big boys

Pre slump I felt like they could sweep the postseason 3-0, 4-0, and 4-0. They could do no wrong.

Now I feel like I usually do in late September. Confident but cautious that a streaking team could surprise them.

It wouldn't be post season without Joe cuck

wtf i love logan now

I don't have anything against Buck. I'm just peeved we could have had Joey D throughout the playoffs if FS1 had bought the NL contract instead of the AL one.

Bad luck.

LOGAN FORSYTHE, I LOVE YOU

BTFO

Dingers

Imagine giving up six total bases on two hits in the first 3 innings to Logan Forsythe.

I don't know, it's probably a toss up. They've been the best team in baseball and the worst team in baseball, but they were the worst more recently.

seriously lol, the dodgers have been by far the biggest under achievers in the past few seasons. The dodgers really set the bar high for themselves when they went 91-36 and if they dont win the series this year i would consider it one of the biggest disappointments, next to the 2001 mariners that people always compare them to

Closed on Sundays. Don't eat in the little space they have.

Also go there in the day time when it's not just blacks. Other white people go to and even a non-bald Mexican is a bit comforting. Don't stare at people, as it's seen as a sign of aggression.

Bill Burr went and said that it was the best burger hes had. And the guy has been going from city to city for almost two decades.

>travis wood right now

really? i had no idea about that lol. Joe probably would have been through a ton of pressure to not be a homer should he call any dodger games and he probably would have been torn apart by angry fans lol. Rather have some outsider that can call a decent game (as of recently)

230 with 6 homers, we won the trade

I want you to close your eyes.

I want you to picture yourself as a baseball player

I want you to picture yourself as Grandal

Now bench yourself and never play again

The /StartBarnes/ movement has gained momentum since I started pushing it in July

The Dodgers in June-July were doing something offensively they haven't done since probably the 80s, that was pass the baton and play fundamental baseball, string together hits. Starting in August they reverted to the same team they were the previous two years, that can't get a hit when it's needed and can only score with dingers, which they don't even hit much of. They remind me of a bunch of 15 HR guys who think they're 45 HR guys

So the playoff rotation is definitely
>Kershaw
>Darvish
>Wood
>Hill
right?

I am black friend

seems like it

>mfw that rotation is actually shit

definitely

do you guys think darvish has gotten more consistent since he first started on the dodgers? do you think he'll pull through?

agree, anyone who was watching the dodgers during that ridiculous run saw just how much they were walking. They were hitting lots of home runs, ya, but the key was that everyone on the team was getting on base ALL THE TIME. You could expect a quality at bat from everyone in the lineup and everyone had the ability to work the count up to several pitches and take walks as well as move runners from base to base, whether with hits or with outs. Forsythe being a walk machine, turner mashing against not only righties but improving from last season and hitting lefties, Taylor while he was hitting above 300, seager being seager, and Puig having a comeback year,as well as the bullpen being the best in baseball. Now its just well, exactly what you said

So you should know to be careful. It's in front of the nickerson gardens.

>Taylor was batting above .300 for 3/4 of the season
>all the way down to .288

I guess somebody stopped him.

The Nationals certainly have a better 1-2-3. Unless Kersh beats Scherzer we might not do well against them.

He looked great in his first couple starts, then had mechanical issues. He looks great since Honeycutt fixed them, though.

seriously lol, when taylor slumps, he slumps. Very similar vibes to Grandal when he slumps. Especially when hes the leadoff hitter and he cant even get on base

What changed? Did they suddenly get news from their agents that said they had to hit 40 HR to hit their contract incentives?

Grandal has basically been in a slump since the 2nd half of 2015. Partly injuries, of course, but not entirely.

>tfw when kershaw has a postseason era of 4.55

Who do you guys have as the fifth man. Kenta is probably the guy who will get it, but I'd like to see Brandon McCarthy start a game before the season is over to see if he deserves it.

>not necessarily a lineup where you go "oh yeah I know that guy"
truly the perfect summation of the padres

>it's this meme again
Kershaw was overworked in the regular season for years. What a surprise that his arm fell off midway through games after repeatedly going on short rest.

there goes the PG

Shit, it's the fifth inning...

Should I go to a padres game? I haven't watched baseball since the Red Sox had Johnny Damon

Tickets at petco are pretty cheap and I've heard its a pretty scenic park

oh shit i love blu jam cafe

there goes the shutout and NH, damn

Walks were a big part of it. Rick Monday has noted on the broadcasts how those have tailed off. He talked about how they were fatiguing pitchers by forcing them to be absolutely perfect. A lot of runs in that period were walked in with the bases loaded. It was an across-the-board hitting discipline. I remember wondering if they were practicing and doing drills at an insane rate that they wouldn't be able to sustain.

Where were you when Seager was kill?

Who do the D-Backs start in the WC game? Greinke?
>Last start: 8 ER in 4 IP

moneyball, people
also do you guys think they can get back into their mojo?

Strikes out too much and doesn’t walk enough. He was hitting at a pace that wasn’t sustainable and now that he’s cooled off he’s showing more or less what he is. It’s solid but nithung amazing. Not sure if he’s really a lead off guy

They saw that the MVP race was between 5 guys, 3 of them dodgers, then some memester 6th guy shows up hitting homers and everyone was talking like it was already his

With regards to taylor

I noticed they started going off the rails when Gonzalez got called up the club. I got a sick feeling in my stomach when they began starting him at 1st and had Bellinger play outfield. Bellinger was turning into an amazing defensive 1st baseman. Talk about messing with success.

>Urias bobblehead

Can we get an Andrew Toles bobblehead too?

So Dongcarlo's power surge broke the Dodgers?

it's most likely a perfect storm scenario. they got complacent/lazy, roberts started messing with the rotation to prepare for the playoffs, gonzalez was a drag, seager and bellinger were injured, they lost a perfect game, it would be hard for any team to win through that shit show

don't miss sugery table playset night to complete your collection

>guy in padres hat cheers for barnes dinger and takes off the hat
another one converted
la padres incoming

i don't know why people are still shitting on grandal, he got through his hard stretch, he'll be good now

It's not shitting on Grandal as much as it's recognizing that Barnes is both a better hitter AND doesn't allow nearly as many passed balls.

Plus he's an equally good pitch framer.

Because he still can't catch or get a throw off in time

>lost a perfect game
I think that was a gut punch. The 1-16 or whatever streak started right after.

he has good pitch framing, plus barnes is going cold right now, the dinger tonight was an exception

Almost everyone who got a bobblehead this season was injured at one point.

>Urias
>Ethier
>A-Gon
>Kershaw

yasmani passedball

Yeah, but a losing streak that bad just can't be caused by just one thing

I can't wait for Baez to come out and make this a one run game.

Well yeah, they were already on the slide offensively. They had to be because they blew like 4 to 6 golden RISP opportunities in that game.

if baez comes anywhere near the plate i hope he screws up, don't want that guy within 50 miles of a spot on the postseason roster

>grandal still can't catch a fastball

Yeah he'll come in and throw 2 immaculate innings and sneak his way on

>8 runs
they haven't scored this much since August 22, the day before Rich Hill's no-hitter-thru-9 loss

it's a setup, even though the padres won't be going anywhere this year, they can still sabotage the dodgers by swinging at bad pitchers and tricking roberts into playing a terrible bullpen

I'm sure even Roberts would pull him after he gives up 4.

wtf was that gesture kershaw just did?

>joc

>maeda relief

Wtf